Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

Syn Free Kebab Shop Style Chilli Sauce

1 tin tomatoes
1 onion (chopped finely and dry fried)
2 cloves Garlic (crushed and added in to the onion)
Salt
Pepper
Chilli Powder
Good dash of balsamic or wine vinegar

Add tomatoes and spices to the dry-fried onions & garlic.
Simmer for 15 - 20 mins until it starts to reduce down / thicken.
Give it a whizz with a food processor

I also added some tobasco to give it a good kick. Next time I am not goin to put the onion in cause I thought it tasted too strong

making this for dinner tonight after weigh in, and will try the syn free chilli sauce to go with, nom nom :)

god i love this recipe so much we have it every friday now! i want it tonight now :( lol xx

When I first made this I synned a Tesco Organic Pitta- and I could cut this in half and eat it in my hands. I then tried the ASDA ones- they are quite flimsy and difficult to cut and fall apart when I try to hold and eat . I just wondered if anyone else experienced this??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I get my onion powder from morrisons

As for pittas yep they use to fall apart on me too now i just open it up and lay my meat on it then loads of onions n mushrooms n garlic mayo and use a knife n fork lol

the doner kebab recipe is from 'The Takeaway Secret' by Kenny McGovern - i've got it and the kebab recipe is just one of loads of takeaway style recipes

we make curry, chicken kebabs, mcdonalds burgers and all kinds of other takeaway style foods from it, it's brilliant :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I saw it in tescos the other day x

Just checked tescos website and they definitely do it!!

Back