Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

I have this in the oven just now, and can't wait to try it!!! :D

RE: the onion powder - I have used onion granules from Asda (just looks the same consistency as powder)

No it's not sw but the recipes are easily adapted. You can find it on amazon , play. Com and eBay but it is worth comparing prices . :)

I love donner kebabs but i not the best cook and i never use all the spices in my cooking.i think i need to start buying all of them as there so many recipes can do using them

Thanks for the recipe - I've ear marked it with sw chips for our saturday night 'takeaway'!

Has anyone tried this with v lean minced beef ? If so, is it as good or is better to stick to the lamb ? I loved the lamb :)

Thanks very much.

Gail x

I only ever do it with xtra lean beef as I can never find the lamb alternative,and it tastes lovely. Hope this helps :)

you'd think that schwartz would do a "starter pack" of herbs and spices for things like itallian and indian foods and such for those of us that think salt and pepper is all you need in the cupboard....
5-10 jars of their spices on a stackable rack or something..

you'd think that schwartz would do a "starter pack" of herbs and spices for things like itallian and indian foods and such for those of us that think salt and pepper is all you need in the cupboard....
5-10 jars of their spices on a stackable rack or something..

This is a good spice starter kit

http://www.spice-master.com/products.php?cID=0_67&pID=985

They do other smaller spice gift sets but it doesn't say what the individual spices are

juicygooseface said:
i use tesco light mayo(2syns for 1 tbsp) and add garlic powder, and i add some water to it too, i know it sounds weird but it tastes beautiful, and adding thr water makes it go a bit further, just make sure u only put a little garlic powder in, and mix really well wen the waters in, hope u like :) xxx

Lovely garlic sauce - thank you - complimented the gorgeous kebabs nicely - found some chilli sauce in asda in the 'world foods aisle' called 'kebap sauce' OMG ......... Lovely ......... And I think syn free and easy :)

Lovely garlic sauce - thank you - complimented the gorgeous kebabs nicely - found some chilli sauce in asda in the 'world foods aisle' called 'kebap sauce' OMG ......... Lovely ......... And I think syn free and easy :)

thats ok hunni glad u liked it! dont think ill try the chilli sauce i dont like it too hot! xxx

Just made this it was awesome!! Had it with pitta bread, lots of lettuce and sw coleslaw.. For a sauce I had low fat natural yoghurt with mint sauce mixed in. Will definitely be making this again :)

having this on friday (have it every fri now) hehe! xxxx

Rather than putting it in a loaf tin, flatten it out into a pancake and put it on a grilling rack. Then any extra fat will drain off. It was yummy - enjoy :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Excellent, thank you I'm so excited about this lol
I'm going to have meat with salad and cajan wedges as our co op doesn't have the he pittas :(

Has anyone tried this with v lean minced beef ? If so, is it as good or is better to stick to the lamb ? I loved the lamb :)

Thanks very much.

Gail x

i tried it with extra lean steak mince i wasn't keen on it, it was dry and missing something - maybe i might try it with a bit more of the spices. i can never find extra lean lamb only lean lamb which is 3.5 syns per 100g but i suppose it is still a lot less than a shop bought kebab x

Back