Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

i tried it with extra lean steak mince i wasn't keen on it, it was dry and missing something - maybe i might try it with a bit more of the spices. i can never find extra lean lamb only lean lamb which is 3.5 syns per 100g but i suppose it is still a lot less than a shop bought kebab x

i get the tesco value lamb mince it has less fat in it than the healthy living one :confused: so if it comes in packs of 500g and u have half then itd be around 9syns? my maths is awful btw lol xxx

Well we had thia last night and it was amazing ! I added extra of some of the spices, because i only had lean mince beef I made holes in the loaf tin for the fat drain lol it worked!
The meat with the chilli and garlic sauces from this thread were so yummy, thanks for these :)

We had it with potato wedges, no pitta and salad :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

mines ready in 2 mins!! mmmm xxx

This is one of our favourites.

Spoke to my butcher yesterday and he will willingly mince me fat-free mince- yippee. He said that the leg is the leanest part and he will remove any other bits if fat for me. It's a bit costly - but I may give it a go and freeze a lot too. Then u can rate it against my synned Waitrose mince

Kx

I made this the other night and it was lovely if, to my taste, a bit dry (Could be my baking oven though, so next time will wrap in tin foil and I made it with extra lean beef)

Had it with pitta, salad and yoghurt with mint and cucumber through. Very nice!

Lexie_dog said:
I made this the other night and it was lovely if, to my taste, a bit dry (Could be my baking oven though, so next time will wrap in tin foil and I made it with extra lean beef)

Had it with pitta, salad and yoghurt with mint and cucumber through. Very nice!

I find it pretty dry too but I just reduced the cooking time to 1 hour & if a put garlic sauce on it think it's ok

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Having this again tonight, am going to cook for a little less time. Cannot wait for my fakeaway tonight :)

Yummy!! I also find it dry so only cook it for an hour and don't have any flour in it - seems to do the job. Haven't had it for a few weeks, one for the menu next week ;) xxx

SlimBecki2B said:
Yummy!! I also find it dry so only cook it for an hour and don't have any flour in it - seems to do the job. Haven't had it for a few weeks, one for the menu next week ;) xxx

I don't add flour either & only cook for an hour. I haven't had it for a few weeks either maybe this weekend :D

leighxx said:
I don't add flour either & only cook for an hour. I haven't had it for a few weeks either maybe this weekend :D

Hi Leigh
I put the flour in as it's only a tsp - not sure how many SYNS that is??
I cook for 45-50 mins and rest for 10 mins

Kx

Just had a look and there's 3 syns in the flour, but I'm not sure now if that was for a desert spoon or teaspoon :)

I leave the flour out, today I made mine with extra pepper and it was yummy.

My garlic sauce was yummy today as well, i didnt have much natural yog left so used quark and a bit of mayo aswell, it was lush! My hubby loves the chilli sauce recipe on here, he asked me to make it mid week and has been taking it with pasta for work lunches :)

nannis said:
I leave the flour out, today I made mine with extra pepper and it was yummy.

My garlic sauce was yummy today as well, i didnt have much natural yog left so used quark and a bit of mayo aswell, it was lush! My hubby loves the chilli sauce recipe on here, he asked me to make it mid week and has been taking it with pasta for work lunches :)

Funny - I don't put black pepper in as I didn't (blind as a bat) see it in the recipe !!
I use both the garlic Mayo & SYN free chilli sauce recipes on here as they are gorgeous, and I have adapted the coleslaw recipe. We are having it Fri

Kx

This is our dinner (tea) tommrow...looking forward to it!

Tommorow was ment to be my night off, and I was going to treat myself to a proper takeaway keebab. But after seeing this thead I'm going to make this before going out and tuck into it when I get home :D

Funny - I don't put black pepper in as I didn't (blind as a bat) see it in the recipe !!
I use both the garlic Mayo & SYN free chilli sauce recipes on here as they are gorgeous, and I have adapted the coleslaw recipe. We are having it Fri

Kx

hope you dont mind me asking but im sure i read a coleslaw recepie on your recepie page ,now i cant find it :(
dont suppose i could have the recepie please,thanks x

Back