Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

This was yummy, just finished eatting now, had it in a pitta from co-op for my healthy b with sliming world chips (normal and sweet potato) and a massive salad...was so nice.

I just want to ask, i left out the flour, so is there any syns in it.
I also used lean lamb mince.

thanks!

Last edited:
where did u find the extra lean lamb mince can i ask? i dont use flour either, its syns but im not sure how many lol i also use chopped onions not powder, makes it so juicy :) xxx

I used the powder...saves my eyes hurting!
I just looked, it was just lean lamb mince not extra lean and was from morrisons.

Maybe have to add a few syns but it was yummy and the 400g of mince has done 4 people!

evanthomas said:
I used the powder...saves my eyes hurting!
I just looked, it was just lean lamb mince not extra lean and was from morrisons.

Maybe have to add a few syns but it was yummy and the 400g of mince has done 4 people!

I had to SYN the Ocado lean lamb mince - I asked on the SYNS thread after posting all the nutritional info

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Off to do the shopping tomorrow - guess what's on the menu? This sounds fab!

I had to SYN the Ocado lean lamb mince - I asked on the SYNS thread after posting all the nutritional info

Kx

Problem is the packet is now in the outside bin which i am not going to route about in, ill just make sure next time i use extra lean mince of some sort!

I havent used any syns today anyway (naughty i know) so im not too worried!

Michael88 said:
Oooooo making these tonight :)

Me too ;)

Kx

doby said:
yes you can grill it i do mine in the george! you can also mix lean minced lamb and extra lean minced beef together! lowers the syns. i struggle to find any kind of lean minced lamb! anyone know which supermarket has some?

That's brilliant. Thank you. Hubby will be pleased as he loves this :)

yes you can grill it i do mine in the george! you can also mix lean minced lamb and extra lean minced beef together! lowers the syns. i struggle to find any kind of lean minced lamb! anyone know which supermarket has some?

i get lean lamb from tescos but there is not much difference in the syn value between tesco lean lamb and tesco value lamb mince!
a decent butchers will mince extra lean lamb for u and cut off all the fat :D
good idea to mix the 2 together, i have tried with just the extra lean beef mince and it is not that nice, very dry
x

Hmm this looks nice. I've really missed my doner kebabs after starting SW so hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks!

im not going to do this anymore as i dont know if the tesco value lamb mince is free or not and ive had it loadsa times not counting the syns..im just being stubborn! lol xx

yeah it does but i never really liked doner meat from the kabab shop anyway, (they play a bit fast and loose with the term meat) so dont mind mising out! xxxx

i don't liek the one from the shop either it always seems way to greasy! think i'll try and perfect the chicken kebab! got a recipe or 2 to try xx
haha yeah manky grease :/ did u see the chicken marinades i put up 4 u on the other thread hun? let us know which is best! :)xxxx

Back