Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

I've bought Tesco cubed lamb that's 4% fat and planning to do it in the food processor. Will that make it lean or extra lean??

trinity_bleu said:
I've bought Tesco cubed lamb that's 4% fat and planning to do it in the food processor. Will that make it lean or extra lean??

Lean - Meats with this designation should have less than 10 grams of total fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat and trans fats, and 95 mg of cholesterol in each 100 gram serving of meat.
Extra Lean - Meats with this designation should contain less than 5 g of total fat. Of this total fat, these meats should also contain less than 2 grams of saturated fat and trans fats, and 95 mg of cholesterol per serving (about 100 grams).

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fantastic, esp as I realised it was 4g per 125g, so actually 3% fat! And it worked in the food processor. Totally yum.

Fantastic, esp as I realised it was 4g per 125g, so actually 3% fat! And it worked in the food processor. Totally yum.

Tried this with extra lean steak mince and boyfriend and I loved it. Had SW chips and a pitta as a HEX B and then used huge home grown lettuce leaves to wrap the rest of the sliced meat it. Delicious!

Bleurgh..........!!! LOL

(I don't know - I like quorn but I don't think it go with this. Happy to be proved wrong though :))

Gail x

If you type 'the takeaway secret' in on amazon you will find it. It is a recipe book and has all recipes for your favourite takeaways Chinese, burgers, kebabs, currys etc. It's really cheap as well. On amazon it was £3.99 and free delivery!!! :)

It's almost impossible to find in supermarkets. I use Tesco lamb cubes which are 4g fat per 125g (so 3% fat) and mix the ingredients in the food processor. Works great.

this sounds amazing!! thanks!!! ooo excited!

If you type 'the takeaway secret' in on amazon you will find it. It is a recipe book and has all recipes for your favourite takeaways Chinese, burgers, kebabs, currys etc. It's really cheap as well. On amazon it was £3.99 and free delivery!!! :)

Thanks, will go and have a look at this!

I haven't made this yet, but most of my friends who have made it use the extra lean steak mince, as opposed to lamb, and say it is delicious.

Back