Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

Oh my goodness, this was flipping amazing. Just had for my tea with SW chips, salad and home-made tzatziki (sp?) and I am in kebab heaven. I don't even like the real thing cos I don't like to think what it's made of but now I can do it at home, yum yum!

xx

Loved this!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi

I have this cooking in the oven right this second, Im using Tesco lean lamb mince 16% less fat.

Its a 400g Packet

125g contains the following
Calories 270
sugar 0g
fat 19.9g
saturates 9.8g
salt 0.4g

Is this free on red???? I want to know before I eat the whole lot? lol

Cheers

Lee

Last edited:
Tesco, Lean Lamb Mince, Less Than 16% Fat, 400g pack, chilled, 100g 3½ 3½ 11

Hope this helps! so 14 syns for the whole mix and flour i guess 3 syns to be safe 17 for the loaf! not too bad but not a regular venture i guess

Hi

I have this cooking in the oven right this second, Im using Tesco lean lamb mince 16% less fat.

Its a 400g Packet

125g contains the following
Calories 270
sugar 0g
fat 19.9g
saturates 9.8g
salt 0.4g

Is this free on red???? I want to know before I eat the whole lot? lol

Cheers

Lee

One word awsome!

Tesco, Lean Lamb Mince, Less Than 16% Fat, 400g pack, chilled, 100g 3½ 3½ 11

Hope this helps! so 14 syns for the whole mix and flour i guess 3 syns to be safe 17 for the loaf! not too bad but not a regular venture i guess

Made this last night with extra lean beef I followed the ingredient but didn't use flour forgot to put it in ......

It was really dry and a little bland to be honest .. Where did it all go wrong? Was it because of the flour not being added? Really want it to work out next time.

Any tips guys and girls please x

Littlestar_kc said:
Made this last night with extra lean beef I followed the ingredient but didn't use flour forgot to put it in ......

It was really dry and a little bland to be honest .. Where did it all go wrong? Was it because of the flour not being added? Really want it to work out next time.

Any tips guys and girls please x

Mine was quite dry too-I don't think that not putting the flour in would cause that tho, surely flour would dry it out more-maybe alter the cooking time z

Littlestar/Welshtig

I found that the more i kneaded the mixture and punched it it became more messy but breaks the fat down more. when the mixture was sticky i shaped the loaf. I cooked mine at 180 degrees fan oven for 40 mins and then turned the loaf and cooked it for a further 15 mins at 140. Hope this helps.

Coatze said:
Littlestar/Welshtig

I found that the more i kneaded the mixture and punched it it became more messy but breaks the fat down more. when the mixture was sticky i shaped the loaf. I cooked mine at 180 degrees fan oven for 40 mins and then turned the loaf and cooked it for a further 15 mins at 140. Hope this helps.

Cheers :) x

I never put the flour in & just cook it for half an hour then turn it and another half hour, & it seems ok. I also always eat it with low syn garlic sauce so that helps with the dryness :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I never use the flour, it's not needed with lean minced beef. It can be dry and I have found that the best ways of solving this are to mix an egg into the mixture. I also add crushed fresh garlic and lemon juice to the mixture as well as all the other ingredients such as cayenne pepper etc.

I cook it for less time than the recipe on the original post says too.

Back