Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

Josiecat said:
I never use the flour, it's not needed with lean minced beef. It can be dry and I have found that the best ways of solving this are to mix an egg into the mixture. I also add crushed fresh garlic and lemon juice to the mixture as well as all the other ingredients such as cayenne pepper etc.

I cook it for less time than the recipe on the original post says too.

Oh yeah I forgot about an egg I put one in too :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Made this last night with extra lean beef I followed the ingredient but didn't use flour forgot to put it in ......

It was really dry and a little bland to be honest .. Where did it all go wrong? Was it because of the flour not being added? Really want it to work out next time.

Any tips guys and girls please x

when i used the beef mince i doubled up on everything apart from the salt n pepper ( i never use the flour) and it still wasnt as nice as the lamb, the best one i have had so far was with lamb mince and syn free sausage meat x

We love this I will be making this at some point this week. xxx

I made this on Friday and used home-made pakora sauce with it. Had leftovers tonight and enough for one more for tomorrow's lunch, so that's 5 decent sized portions from the recipe :)

Sounds so nice! I love kebab chips & cheese from the indians but will defo be making this recipe gonna buy all the stuff in for it in the next shop! Is it free on EE ? and how do you get the loaf shape?

sarah5298a1 said:
when i used the beef mince i doubled up on everything apart from the salt n pepper ( i never use the flour) and it still wasnt as nice as the lamb, the best one i have had so far was with lamb mince and syn free sausage meat x

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip on double up on everything. Worked a treat! Would definitely make this again and again now.

Just made this and it's yummy. Would agree that it's dry but next time I will cook in covered foil for first 30 mins and u cover towards the end. That will make it more moist!

Just used chopped up leftovers as a topping on my smash pizza...flippin gorgeous!!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow! :drool: Just had this with a wholemeal pitta, syn free chips, massive salad, including oven roasted peppers and red onions. Made two free sauces -the bbq one from this board, and a fromage frais and garlic one, plus a low syn chilli sauce with a chopped chilli, some lemon juice and a little tomato puree. It was fantastic - better than the 'real' thing from the takeaway! This will become a regular Sat night in favourite.
(I didn't bother with the tspn of flour)

I added my doner as a topping to a smash pizza. (Delish)

Attachments

• image-738865617.jpg
    image-738865617.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 453
  • image-938328097.jpg
    image-938328097.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 856
  • image-2505618051.jpg
    image-2505618051.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 283
mama_mia said:
I added my doner as a topping to a smash pizza. (Delish)

oops....didn't mean to post this here. Thought I was on the smash pizza thread! :0)

Sounds yum!

I've made this for the first time 2nite, it is absolutely delish! will definitely be using 1lb of mince next time so I can have a bigger portion! ;-)

Back