Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

oooh this sounds really nice can't wait to share with the OH! Hes been really supportive so can treat with a fake-away

Do you think you could make it without flour? have all the ingredients but flour lol :D

Going to attempt to make this on Saturday, could only get normal lamb mince tho so will syn it, do asda wholemeal pitta still count as a heb?

sw website just shows the ww wholemeal pitta can be used as a B choice. it's one from the pack of 6 :) x

oooh this sounds really nice can't wait to share with the OH! Hes been really supportive so can treat with a fake-away

Do you think you could make it without flour? have all the ingredients but flour lol :D

i've made this twice chick and not used flour either of those times so i'd reckon you could miss it out? x

I didn't use flour either. We have this at least once a week now. I don't use the pitta, but make sw chips and put the meat, tomatoes, lettuce and sauce on top of them. It is yummy. For the sauce I mix 3 tbsp of sweet chili sauce with 1 tbsp of lighter than light mayo.

Would love to hear what sauces everyone else uses?

I didn't use flour either. We have this at least once a week now. I don't use the pitta, but make sw chips and put the meat, tomatoes, lettuce and sauce on top of them. It is yummy. For the sauce I mix 3 tbsp of sweet chili sauce with 1 tbsp of lighter than light mayo.

Would love to hear what sauces everyone else uses?

me too cos i never usually have anything with mine :(
i've also only ever found e/l beef mince - can't get the extra lean lamb ANYWHERE but got some lean stuff from tesco on saturday so when i do it again, i'll just syn 2 for 100g of it.

if anyone knows where to find e/l lamb mince...pleeeeease share lol x

Can't seem to get the WW wholemeal pittas anywhere, everyone at group has been looking for them :-/ will have to syn my pitta as well, hope its worth it lol

I made this properly last night and it was really nice. A definite regular in our house!

All ready to have this for tea tonight. Having it with butternut squash chips (yum yum) and SW coleslaw :) so excited to try it!

I found it rather salty so left that out when I did the next one also didn't put so much black pepper, hubby doesn't like it.

Just put this in the oven but have no clue how long to cook it for? Dose anyone know please ? X

This sounds ideal as my hubby often tries to persuade me to order food in!

Sticking to my guns this time and will be making this in place of take away kebab. Fake aways all the way here x

making this for tea tommorrow. i dont use lamb mince. i use extra lean beef mince and have never used the flour and still tastes yummy.

My second 'kebab' us in the oven :) I've increased the spice amount as it wasn't strong enough for me. Hope it turns out yummy !

My 1st attempt was a fail lol, too dry and was like a big (dry) burger :-(

I add a large grated onion... Plus cook for about 40mins. As it's cooked then, the rest just dries it out. X

Has anyone found lean lamb mince to make this with? In this month's SW mag it said that Waitrose did it, but no sign in my local today :( Have tried Tesco, Sainsburys & Morrisons with no joy... don't really like the beef version, it's just too different x

Back