Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

I have never seen lean lamb mince , I would love some too!

I've written to Waitrose to ask why they're not stocking it!

got this in the oven just now...it's the 3rd time i've made it but the 1st with lamb mince so will see how different it is from the e/l lean beef one.
managed to get lean lamb from tesco but haven't ever found extra lean anywhere and from what i've found out...you'd need to get the leanest cut of lamb and ask for it to be minced?
too much hassle so 2 syns for this one tonight.

for anyone struggling to get the ww wholemeal pittas...tesco have them - 70p for the pack x

Have you checked the fat content of the Tesco Lean Lamb Mince? From memory it's about 20%, so although it's called lean it actually isn't... it's the same fat content as the regular lamb mince from everywhere else. 5 Syns per 100g if so.

Got an email back from Waitrose - can we all lobby them to start selling it again?! :D

From [email protected]:

Thank you for your e-mail

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment when being unable to purchase 10% Fat Mince Lamb from Waitrose at the present time and I hope you will accept my apologies.

I have checked our product assortment database and regret to advise that we have suspended the product and currently a return date has not been set. However I have passed your request onto our Buying Department for their future consideration.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us with your feedback.

Regards,

Ben Thomas

Waitrose Customer Sales and Support.

Have you checked the fat content of the Tesco Lean Lamb Mince? From memory it's about 20%, so although it's called lean it actually isn't... it's the same fat content as the regular lamb mince from everywhere else. 5 Syns per 100g if so.

Got an email back from Waitrose - can we all lobby them to start selling it again?! :D

From Expose Email:

Thank you for your e-mail

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment when being unable to purchase 10% Fat Mince Lamb from Waitrose at the present time and I hope you will accept my apologies.

I have checked our product assortment database and regret to advise that we have suspended the product and currently a return date has not been set. However I have passed your request onto our Buying Department for their future consideration.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us with your feedback.

Regards,

Ben Thomas

Waitrose Customer Sales and Support.

the one i got said typically less than 16% so 2 syns according to the book.

boo to not getting extra lean eh!

anyway...my take on this recipe is it's definitely tastier with the lamb mince....better consistency than the beef x

the one i got said typically less than 16% so 2 syns according to the book.

boo to not getting extra lean eh!

anyway...my take on this recipe is it's definitely tastier with the lamb mince....better consistency than the beef x

I'll have to recheck my local tesco - 2 syns per 100g is definitely worth it for the extra taste and consistency!! :)

I'll have to recheck my local tesco - 2 syns per 100g is definitely worth it for the extra taste and consistency!! :)

it was definitely better....i used a 250g pack so halved the amounts but think next time i'd add a wee bit extra garlic/cayenne pepper to give it an extra kick.
either that or i'd use the exact amounts in a 500g pack and freeze half....i'm always halving the recipes cos they're always for 4 people and i'm discovering that half the amount of stuff for using half the meat doesn't mean it's gonna taste the same as it should lol x

Gonna try this tonight as I really fancy kebab. Looked for lamb mince everywhere but ended up getting extra lean beef cant wait to try it!

I adore this recipe and think it is better than the real thing as non greasy. I wouldn't even adapt it because it is so good!

I have to thank the person that created this thread so much. I found this recipe months ago and have been making this almost every weekend as a 'fakeaway' treat and it is absolutely delicious, I love it! I don't use the flour, and I add an egg to help it to bind and it tastes great.. Even my other half loves it.. more than a real kebab! YUM!

I have to thank the person that created this thread so much. I found this recipe months ago and have been making this almost every weekend as a 'fakeaway' treat and it is absolutely delicious, I love it! I don't use the flour, and I add an egg to help it to bind and it tastes great.. Even my other half loves it.. more than a real kebab! YUM!

thanks for bumping this thread...i've not had it in ages and just took the pack of lamb mince out the freezer to have tomorrow :D x

wats the best way to get ur meat as thin as a proper kebab...

or do u just try cuttin it aa thinly as possible with a sharp knife?

hmmmm i dont have 1 of those i was thinking maybe a potatoe peeler would do the job? or maybe to thin it would fall apart...?

I made this the other night for hubby and kids, n they loved it, my hubby (a sceptic when it comes to diet food resembling things) couldn't get enough of it,

Was a big hit :0) xx

I made this (with extra lean beef mince) and it was really dry... Anyone have any ideas? If I use lamb how many syns does it work out?

Back