• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

wow I'm in heaven

Kik

S: 16st1lb C: 15st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st6lb(2.67%)
yea they do - can we have instructions pls:D

Kik said:
yea they do - can we have instructions pls:D
Just peel the butter nut squash chop in half and remove seeds chop into chip size pieces place on a baking tray spray with frylight and then i sprinkled with paprika but u could use any spice or no spice then place in oven at 200 for 45 mins and trust me they really are delish I'm of to Asda for another 1 to day even hubby loved them hope u enjoy : )

S: 9st6.5lb C: 9st1lb G: 8st13lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 0st5.5lb(4.15%)
I make them similar tho u don't have to peel the skin (easier not to lol), plus I cut mine then soften them in micro for 4 mins then sprinkle salt, pepper and Cajun spice on and pop them in oven for 20 mins. Having them tonite again :)

Kieragh1515 said:
I make them similar tho u don't have to peel the skin (easier not to lol), plus I cut mine then soften them in micro for 4 mins then sprinkle salt, pepper and Cajun spice on and pop them in oven for 20 mins. Having them tonite again :)
Aww thanks il try that cause 45 mins is a long time to wait lol

Bindi

Silver Member
S: 15st7.5lb C: 12st7.5lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 29.2 Loss: 3st0lb(19.31%)
Sounds yummy, have a bns in the veg cupboard begging to be eaten so will stick the chips on the menu tonight, thanks for the tip

Smirky

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 17st7lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 39.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
i always find this too tough to cut through and havent a clue how best to cook it any ideas please? i love the stuff but hopeless with it :D

S: 14st4lb C: 12st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 2st4lb(16%)
I've recently discovered BNS myself, a friend has been talking about it, so i tried it.I have been having BNS wedges instead of normal chips/fries.I got one this week and cut it all up into wedge size pieces and had a serving for my dinner and put the rest in the freezer,as it can be stored up to a month.(Even though it won't last that long as I keep eating it) 0 points is great.

S: 11st13.5lb C: 11st13.5lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 29.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Smirky, you MUST use a serrated knife - I use a butternut squash a week or so & it's soooo much easier since I started using a serrated knife!

Zoticus

Monster Scoffer
S: 14st7lb C: 13st7lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 1st0lb(6.9%)
I've only ever had BNS mashed up and used in a vegan sandwich and I didnt think it was that bad so I'm going to give these a go!
With oven made chips/wedges I usually spray them with fry-light to crispen them up has anyone tried this with the BNS?
And also, are they 0 propoints?!

Tonic

S: 12st7lb C: 10st7lb G: 9st13lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 2st0lb(16%)
When doing BNS as a soup I buy the ready prepared stuff!!!! Otherwise its a case of peeling for what feels like an eternity, then finding the sharpest knife you have to cut through the bugger!

S: 13st3lb C: 12st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.8 Loss: 1st3lb(9.19%)
Yes they are 0pp when done with frylight. Happy days :D
Cajun seasoning might have a point for anything over a tbsp though, not sure. The schwarts cajun spices for potato is sooooo good on bns though.
I got one of those mesh trays from poundland to cook bns chips on, it seems to crisp them up a bit better than an ordinary baking tray.