Wow you are so pretty?

I get this a lot! One of the most common is, "you've turned into a different person!" - I bet CD didn't know the diet could do that, lol! :D It's when you go to a gathering of friends who you haven't seen for a while - that's when you get surrounded by cries of "amazing!", "fabulous!", etc. - personally I can't get enough of it! :eek: We are now dressing to suit our new shapes of course, so it's a double whammy for friends ('tent-woman' suddenly turns up in a bodycon dress - OK, extreme example but you get the idea, lol! ;)).

The fact is that when I look back at my 'before' pix, I DID look crap before! Or crap compared to how I look now anyway - that's the bottom line really. :eek:

(One of the best compliments I had was when we went round to a friend's house, and him and his mates started teasing my hubby, saying things like, "you'd better keep on your toes, matey - she'll be off at this rate!" - obviously it was all in fun, but I think it DID make him sit up a bit! ;) And who doesn't like a bit of male admiration?!)

Can peri-menopausal maniacs join too! 45 and starting to feel the early effects! Glowing from the toes up is no good feeling when you've just finished your last shake!

Over a year ago on one of my previous diets i had the strangest compliment ever, and weirdly enough i was so happy with it!!

The girlfriend of my brother in law told me i was looking great (pretty standerd) and that when i sit down i sit with my arms besides me instead of resting them on my sides! (if you guys get what i mean)

It was a strange compliment, but it made me glow! (specially cause i wasnt realising how good people could see i was loosing weight).

I think its just something youll have to accept that people say :) i am very fond of the idea that i will go and shock people! Especially family members that i wont see for quite some time!

Was the comment I got yesterday -well was I ugly before I lost weight :eek: lol

Has anybody else had strange reactions from people they havn't seen in a while since weight loss? I know they mean well but some reactions are shocking :p

I wouldn't have recognised you, you look so well :eek: Is another one

I must have looked like crap before ;)

God yes. People mean well, but there well meaning comments make you feel **** really. I had just that from, 2-3 men saying they would marry me now, (of course they were joking as they were hubbys friends), but hell, I am the same person. Others said how wonderful I looked, etc etc etc etc.
Yes I am happier and I guess you are thinner, but deep down we are the same.
I put on all the weight I lost and felt so bad after I put on the first 2stone I stopped going out anywhere as I didn't want to see the well meaning people who made the comments.
I don't want anyone apart from my very nearest and dearest to comment on my weight loss this time around.
It is nice to be told you look nice, but not nice to be told you look better now.

Chin up and remember they mean well and both you and I know you are the same person and looked wonderful before as well and pretty.

When I first put weight on after the kids, I put on about 6 stone with the kids and the amount of people who said I have put on weight.... I couldn't believe so many people, most of whom were close friends could say that, so one day, when some one said I, bearing in mind I had put on 6 stone, told me I had put on weight, I said... "oh have I, I didn't notice."... lol... well I got fed up in the end.

LOL!

my nan and grandad always talk about my weight, my nan says 'youve always been a BIG girl' and pats my chunky leg!and my grandad just bluntly says on the phone..'have you sorted your weight yet?' lol. (wen my son was a week old he said 'youve got the hard bit done, now you can sort your weight out'...lovely)

but i dont take it to heart and cannot wait to see wat they say to me wen im all slim!! i prob wont see them untill xmas so i should be a good bit smaller by then!!!

cannnnnt waiiiiit!

xx
lol..... Bless them they have good intentions. I lost 7 stone and put on 7 and a bit, the only person to say I had put some weight back on was my Grandad.... It must be their heart felt good intentions for you.

lol..... Bless them they have good intentions. I lost 7 stone and put on 7 and a bit, the only person to say I had put some weight back on was my Grandad.... It must be their heart felt good intentions for you.

I know they mean no harm, cant wait to impress them with my weightloss (wen it happens)

Fluffycat - so one day, when some one said I, bearing in mind I had put on 6 stone, told me I had put on weight, I said... "oh have I, I didn't notice."... lol... well I got fed up in the end.

Lol, loved that answer :p It still amazes me that people have the front to tell someone they have put on weight, I would never dream of giving someone a negative comment like that :eek:

the one i get from one of my friends is "you can tell you have lost weight in your face"....
yeah, cos the 5 stone off ALL came off my face did it? She never notices that i've gone from an 18 down to a 10/12....its only ever my face! lol

xxx

oh yes, that ones a classic lol, or- I can't believe how small you look from behind, said my best mate- so when I turn around is it shock that I am fat person lol

Fluffycat - so one day, when some one said I, bearing in mind I had put on 6 stone, told me I had put on weight, I said... "oh have I, I didn't notice."... lol... well I got fed up in the end.

Lol, loved that answer :p It still amazes me that people have the front to tell someone they have put on weight, I would never dream of giving someone a negative comment like that :eek:

lol... people are so rude...
Another is from my sister....
I lost weight years ago and she said, pleased you lost weight, I didn't like to tell you how big your bum had got. Like what is to gain from her saying that......

I got a 'mmmm' you're looking hot at the mo .... I said it was possibly the (nearly) stone I'd lost, he said 'mmmm still hot though'

which was nice :)

Nice one Becky, I would be chuffed too :)

Back