ww pedometer - fitness challenge

msblonde

a new way of living!
HI all,

It is WW time of year for promoting exercise and I wondered who was up for 'stepping up' their activities with me?

I can only walk at the moment (for another 3 months then I can add other exercise) as I had a big spinal op 14 weeks ago and still recovering.

However, I have been walking like a loon, and even clocked up over 9 miles the one day! I use a WW pedometer to count up points, and try my best not to eat them! lol

I average between 10k and 12k steps a day at the moment, would anyone care to join me?

I heard that there are only just under 60k steps in a marathon! I may even do that next year!

does anyone else use the pedometer?
anyone want to add their steps to a thread with me to keep each other motivated?

xx :)

I bought my pedometer 2 days ago ...I dont walk as far as your do but Im getting better... I got to healthy today quicker than yesterday.
I would like to join the challenge x

I bought my pedometer when I joined WW, but I am finding it very hard to do 10k steps each day - I work in an office so am quite static during the day, but I have started to walk to the loos at the other end of the building and even parking my car in the company multistorey so I have further to walk.
I only live 2/3 miles from work and would walk if I could but I also do the nursery/school run each morning and night so need the car for that.
Having said that I went to the gym this morning for the first time in ages and have clocked up 9426 steps so far and the night is still young - dog walking this evening I predict... I agree that it is a buzz to reach that 10k mark and see your APs stack up...
Anticipating going camping this weekend, so that will be a great opportunity to rack up some points as well...

Tracy

great - thats three of us, why dont we aim to hit min of 'healthy' every day this week, and reach 10k steps on weekend?

I was going to suggest 10k per day, but it may put some people off and I want us all to increase it gently, to a level we can stick to.

any thoughts?

xx :D H

How much is 10k? Im being a bit thick lol my pedometer is showing miles. Im up to 2.75 so far today. which is 6354 steps... two thousand more than yesterday YAY ME so far...

Yes im up for this challenge,bought my new ped yesterday lost my old one...:(

What do we do then-do we just report what steps weve done each day then on a thread?
wey hey thats 4 of us!! LOL xx:p

whoop whoop! more coming in.

yeah i thought we could just add it on here, although I could start a new thread if that is preffered?

well I did just under 11k steps (10,937 steps) today and earned 2 points :O)

is there a challenge thread I can add this to? :O)

hope all are well, night night.

xx H

Last edited:
How much is 10k? Im being a bit thick lol my pedometer is showing miles. Im up to 2.75 so far today. which is 6354 steps... two thousand more than yesterday YAY ME so far...

thats ace well done, it all adds up, by 10k I mean 10,000 steps, its about 4.5 - 5 miles, sounds a lot but soon gets there.

just a few walks to the pub and back

sorry, park!

did I say pub???? ;)

Back