WW through the NHS

Tbh I don't go to meetings as my ones weren't great but it's the cost also , I didn't know vouchers exsisted my doctors never tell us thingsike this I suppose less that know less to give.
Go for it I have 4 more stone to lose i'dike 12 weeks of vouchers as I have to go to meetings to get new plan. People have wls on the Nhs costing 1000s so be proud your changing your life with a little help financally it's pennys compared to wls :) xx

Well reading all these posts made me phone my hubby cause have no idea if my doctors do the vouchers (knowing our luck they probably don't :() but they would come in very very handy.

I'm out of work at the moment, and sometimes struggle to see why we should pay someone else £5.99 each just to weigh us, even though I know in the long run it is benefiting us greatly and also know we have to go cause its also for medical reasons that my hubby has to lose the weight but still..

If we could get these vouchers I would not hesitate to use them. Although it works and they do a great job I (at times) do not think it is worth any where near £5.99 per person.

Anyone who has a problem with using any vouchers well I'll take them off you, and I'm sure many many other people would too.

And if you have been given vouchers and are not intending to use them but still go to meeting, then more full you. Oh and thanks for taking them from someone who might have actually benefited from using them (I'm sure not all doctors have an endless supply of these vouchers?)...

That's a saving of £71.88 over 12 weeks :eek:...

Sorry if this post came off a little rude, its just how I feel..

Last edited:
Zebredy, I understand where you are coming from. I am a stay at home mm to 3 young kids, the eldest is 6 and te youngest is 18 months. My hubby and I an't afford for me to go out to work ( that's if there are any out there to fit around having small kids) so we only have his wages and what we get for the kids each month so anything that helps me to lose weight and save a few quid comes in handy so hopefully my GP does do these vouchers and I can have some especially over the next 3 months with christmas and new year.

Good luck to you and your hubby with your weight loss and gosee your GP / practice nurse you never know you may strike lucky !

Zebredy, I understand where you are coming from. I am a stay at home mm to 3 young kids, the eldest is 6 and te youngest is 18 months. My hubby and I an't afford for me to go out to work ( that's if there are any out there to fit around having small kids) so we only have his wages and what we get for the kids each month so anything that helps me to lose weight and save a few quid comes in handy so hopefully my GP does do these vouchers and I can have some especially over the next 3 months with christmas and new year.

Good luck to you and your hubby with your weight loss and gosee your GP / practice nurse you never know you may strike lucky !

Thanks, I think we are going to wait till the 19th of November, as my hubby actually has an appointment then for his frozen shoulder, so he can kinda kill two birds with one stone.

They know he is diabetic and needs to loose weight cause of that, so if they do, do the vouchers (as I said knowing our luck they probably don't) that might play to our advantage, as I'm thinking some places must be more strict then others on who they give these vouchers too.

Good luck with getting them yourself...

i have used these myself and had no shame at all... everyone is there for a common goal and they are prob sooo jealous too!

p.s i got mine as im a NHS worker and there is a national programme to get nhs staff healither and so we are offered them for free! healthy staff=less sick time= cost efficiency for nhs and better patient care.

i have used these myself and had no shame at all... everyone is there for a common goal and they are prob sooo jealous too!

p.s i got mine as im a NHS worker and there is a national programme to get nhs staff healither and so we are offered them for free! healthy staff=less sick time= cost efficiency for nhs and better patient care.

That sounds like a really good/smart idea. My sisters place of work paid for people to go get help to quit smoking so this is no different I think..

Would be cool if more work places did this..

soon-to-be-slim said:

Just wondered how you got this as im a nurse and never heard of it.

I use the vouchers and feel no shame in it, I got my 5% off in the 1st 3 weeks which means i can get another 12weeks vouchers when these ones are finished. I've just left my job to go to uni so couldn't afford to do ww if i didn't have them.

Will be seeing the doctor when i go in Dec then. If its there then im going to ask for it. Just hope my surgery does them. Fingers crossed.

Back