www.wheels4wayne.com...!

That's good news Sonkie, hope he is OK with the sudden change of plans. I think that is one of the most difficult things about a stay in hospital they do keep changing plans at short notice. My mum was in hospital for the first 4 months of this year and had to cope with constant changes in plans and moves.

It is the next stage in recovery for him though so that should be a really good thing. Hope he adjusts to the changes quickly.

Dizzy x

Just spoke to Wayne`s gf, she said he is on total bed rest for the week. She has gone back to his flat to try and sort everything out, she has to get his stuff into storage and empty flat as he wont be going back. He is bored, and the ward he is on has 2 bed bays so not as if he can chat to a group of people to keep his spirits up. This week is going to be hard for him as his gf wont be able to get up to see him as she aint got transport and got so much to do.
She had all her belongings in the boot of his car when it crashed, she has not yet been to pick her stuff up.

hmm.. d'ya think there's any way you can get a laptop to him so he can email /msn with you and occupy his time that way? Must be so hard for him and for his g/f too.. lots of tough decisions to be made.. lots of hard work. Glad he got there ok though and I'm sure he'll settle in fine after a few days ((((hugs))))

im really really pleased wayne is doing so well sonkie. im sure if he can handle a crash that almost took his life, he can survive a bit of boredom mate. The main thing is that he is getting the care he needs. I hope his gf has some help and support around her as i know u cant really be there for her at the mo. I wouldnt fancy emptying a flat without some help. thinking of them both and u of course! xxxxx

Just spoke to a dishy sounding MALE nurse...mmmmmmm!
He said they have started Wayne off again from beginning ie. he on bed rest flat on his back for week, they are waiting for his back to stabilise and for his skin to heal before they send him for physio and occupational therapy.
He not too happy about it but its for the best......

OOOOOO I gotta get up there n meet this nurse, he sounds yummy.....he probably looks like back end of a bus ....just my luck.

and there was me thinking u were a respectable married woman! :rolleyes: lol

i hope wayne is having as much fun oggling the staff as u seem to be! :D

I have a 35 year old brother with downs syndrome. He spent a couple of days in hospital a couple of months ago and when I saw him at xmas he took great delight in telling me about when a nurse was standing on a chair to shut a window he got a fantastic view up her skirt. LOL Naughty boy watches too many carry on films by far.

I have a 35 year old brother with downs syndrome. He spent a couple of days in hospital a couple of months ago and when I saw him at xmas he took great delight in telling me about when a nurse was standing on a chair to shut a window he got a fantastic view up her skirt. LOL Naughty boy watches too many carry on films by far.

Bless how sweet. hehe typical bloke eh !

Great news Sonkie:) Glad to hear Wayne's improving!:D

Having spent quite a few months on and off in hospital myself I can understand how bored Wayne will be feeling, but he'll also be aware that his body needs to heal as much as possible so will hopefully be able to accept the boredom after a few days.

Could you take in an MP3 or something for him to while away some of the time? Is there a tv in his ward that he can watch? I know daytime tv isn't really appealing to blokes but sometimes 'something is better than nothing' as the saying goes.:)

yeh he has a tv by his bed.....he is a bit frustrated being laid flat.....but if it has to be done he gotta do it.

Is the poster for when the real Mr Depp is off filming on location.

Good Idea.

Dizzy x

Well no change with Wayne he gotta lie flat for "some time" is what the nurse said......ooooooo I just realised I have only spoken to male nurses wonder if he is on an all male ward ? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Im gonna have to try and visit earlier lol

Sorry to hear Wayne has to lie flat for so long ........ bet he really will be bored. You can get newspapers that are put onto tape i believe (well our local newspaper does it) - wonder if that would help??? and if all his relatives tape recorded letters instead of writing them??? Otherwise it is listening to TV or music and not much else.

Hope he is soon able to sit up again.

they can set up mirrors at angles so he can watch tv and dvd's (I worked on a ward with a patient in skull traction and full body strapping and that is how they did it for him) - just have a word with them and see what they can do hon.. nothing ventured nothing gained.. also talking books (to continue with your idea of the talking newspaper flirty :D) .. you can hire them from libraries and I wouldn't be surprised if the hospital has a lending library for patients too :D if not, suggest they start one! lol (might be a good project for you!).. also .. what about a playstation rigged up to a telly (with the mirrors).. lol I know I might be waffling but I'm trying to think of ways to stop himi getting stir crazy!

I think the talking letters are a fabulous idea!!!

Anyway... looking forward to hearing more good news in due course Sonkie :D xx

Nothing new to report, he gonna be flat on his back for a while......so I dont know.....will have to work out when I can get up next but my ou course starts soon and then have 2 saturday of first aid training that I have already put back so can visit bro.....then there is the finances we now skint.....!

Back