Xenical info for New Starters!!..

Hey.. Thanks for you're reply, I have tried doing that but it hasn't worked, I ended up putting on more weight, rather than losing it! :(

Hey guys, I just want a bit of advice, I've Been on Xenical since May 15th and I've only lost 19 pounds and it's now July 23rd. I've been trying incredibly hard! I go to the gym 6 times a week, I eat 3 very healthy meals a day and have no more than 1000 cals a day. I also eat Alot of fruit and drink alot of water! Its really taking it's time to work.. As last week I was 12 stone 9 and this week I'm still 12 stone 9! Can anyone give me any advice.. I'm really stuck!

Hey guys, I just want a bit of advice, I've Been on Xenical since May 15th and I've only lost 19 pounds and it's now July 23rd. I've been trying incredibly hard! I go to the gym 6 times a week, I eat 3 very healthy meals a day and have no more than 1000 cals a day. I also eat Alot of fruit and drink alot of water! Its really taking it's time to work.. As last week I was 12 stone 9 and this week I'm still 12 stone 9! Can anyone give me any advice.. I'm really stuck!

I would say that you're doing very well actually. 19lbs lost in 10 weeks is very good, so a stone and a half in that time is excellent!

Xencial is not a magic pill, the theory is it helps you to loose an extra lb. Everyone is different, and will loose differently. I would say that you're having a healthy, steady weight loss and you're doing great.

I would consider upping your calories actually, to around 1200..this way you have somewhere to drop your calories down to when you plateau.

Good luck!

as said above your calorie intake is tooo low , 1000 calories for someone going to the gym so much is just not enough , when we restrict our calorie intake too much our body hits starvation mode , i also agree you should be eating the good fats , just becareful as zenical doesnt understand good/bad fats and its individual whats ok with everyone xx

Many many Thanks for you're reply and you're kindness, however do you think the tablets have stopped working for me? Do you think I have reached the level where the tablets will not make a difference ( plateau). Thanks

I don't think we have enough informtation about you and your dieting etc to make a valid answer really... :)

Hi, just started xenical on my 3rd day now and also following a weight watchers plan aswell , i do excerise i go to gym 4 times a week and Zumba and Swimming once a week and got an active daughter to keep up with aswell :) .. ive been doing weight watchers from jan this year and its been a very slow weight loss which is upsetting when you try so hard . thanks to xenical its uplifted me that there might be hope and fingers crossed they will work as i would like to go for ivf (due to having pcos and damaged tubes) next year so alot of hard work for me this year and next year , its great to see this site and how well everyone has done :) x

welcome to xenical and the forum =] , be careful following ww with xenical a lot of there foods are higher in fat than xenical likes but saying that there is lots that are within rules , i just find it difficult sticking to more than one set of rules lol... how much do you have to loose? x

hello, im currently at 18.1 stone and for ivf i need to be at 15.7 so there along way to go but im trying to get to 15.7 stone by end of next year but my ideal target weight would be 12.5 stone which i was before having my daughter which was 9 years ago now. since been on this site and read alot about the 15g per meal i have been watching what ive been eating fat wise, i do like my salads and tuna so stuck with that last week but going to watch portion size aswell, many thanks for any advise cause im greatful for anythink that will help me with this weight loss and you have done so brillantly you look fab :) what weight loss did you try and aim for in a week please x

Hi there, just came across your message and wanted to reply to you. I am also hoping to go for IVF next year and need to get my BMI down to under 35. This means that I have got 5 stone to loose. It is going to be a long hard struggle for me. I had lost 3 stone earlier this year and then i had my gallbladder removed. This has caused me to struggle loads with weight loss now. I hv put over 1stone back on within the last 2 months. My exercise isnt as much as I was used to either but I wasnt able to because of my operation. I am confused with the orlistat tablets, dr has put me on them yesterday. I am on slimming world and I have never checked the fat content on packages as I was used to eating the same things. Now i have been told that i need to check the nutritional info and if the fat is more than 5g per 100g then I cant have it! Is this right. I dont want to be running to the loo all the time. I have taken 1 tablet last night after dinner as only got them late afternoon fae drs, i did have a sore stomach last night. Now taken another after my cereal of Special K and semi skimmed milk. Getting stomach pains again, is this normal? Sorry for the million questions huni but not too sure what i am doing xx

That is correct...no more than 5grams of fat per 100grams. and no more than 15grams of fat per meal.

You could be having stomach trouble because of the food you've been eating before starting the Xenical. It is normal to have some stomach ache, bloating when first starting Xenical, and it will continue if you don't watch the fat.

You would look at the label and if it says 4grams of fat per 100g's then that fits the first part of the rule...then to make sure you don't go over 15grams per meal...

Look at the label where it tells you how much per portion, sometimes they say per 1/2 a can, just times what ever by 2 if it says per half portion or x4 if it says per 100grams..

take a look at this thread for label help...

http://www.minimins.com/xenical/229585-extra-help-xenical-starters.html

I am sounding like a pain here and a bit dumb but after reading all comments, i am still not gripping the just of the xenical tablets. I normally follow Slimming World and now I am chkn everything that i would normally eat and they are over 5g in fat. Y do we not check the per serving on the packaging as opposed to the per 100g ....sorry girls, just suppose it will take me a wee while to get used to it.
I am nightshift at work tonight and i am absalutly starving so having a chicken noodle cup a soup, yoghurt and strawberrys xx

You have to check the amount of fat per 100grams. If that amount is over 5grams that you can't have it. It's just too much fat. Then just make sure you don't have over 15grams of fat per meal.

Starting Xenical tommorow and im quite worried about it, but glad there are others in the same boat as me on here :)

Hi everyone, starting again but this tim very determined to do it as I am now at my heaviest and it hasfinally hit me I have to do something about this now!! I willneed a TT after I lose the weight as I am only 5ft 2" and weigh 15st 5lb and hope to lose at least 6 stone (hopefully nearer 7) and i've have had 3 c-sections in just over 4 1/2yrs and one of them was with twins so you can imagine what my tummy already looks like! Can't afford it but goingto worry about that when the time comes and just concentrate on losing this weight. I am hoping to lose around 2lb per week until Xmas and after that I will be happy with anything, even if it is just 1lb a week.

Good Luck hypno1, you are not alone :)

Back