xxLynne'sxx Food Diary

How did you make your sticky chicken Lynne? Looks delicious!!

Going to make a shopping list tonight to get some lovely food for the weekend :) xx

Hi hun,

I marinate chopped chicken and peppers for 30 mins in:

6tsp rowse runny hunny (3 syns)
balsamic vinegar
soy sauce
1 garlic clove finely chopped

to be honest i don't really measure how much vinegar/soy i just judge how much probably not more than 3-4 tbsp of each.

Then fry in frylight until sauce becomes sticky and thick, 10-15 mins ish.
Loads of people have sticky chicken recipes on here so you might find slight variations but they are all pretty similar :)

Hope that helps hun xxx

Thanks Lynne! What does it taste like?

I wonder if it works well with quorn chicken... x

its quite sweet but kind of reminds me of a kind of sticky rib sauce without the bbq taste if that makes any sense lol its a big hit in this house the sauce is very flexable so i am sure it could work on quorn you would maybe have to cook the sauce and reduce it down first though unless the quorn cooks like chicken?? It tastes lovely on salmon fillets too! :) xxx

Friday July 26th 2013 - Extra Easy

Breakfast

All bran chocolate crunch (HexB)
Semi Skimmed Milk (HexA)

Lunch

Chicken Fried Rice
sw chips
Mayflower Curry Sauce (4 syns)

Dinner

Chicken breast
broccoli

DSCF3480.jpg

Snacks

Treat size twirl (6 syns)

Water

500ml water
1 diet coke
1 low sugar squash
1 cup green tea

Total syns

Saturday July 27th 2013 - Extra Easy

Breakfast

2 weetabix (HexB)
semi skimmed milk (HexA)
banana

Lunch

Chinese Buffet! (15 syns)

Dinner

Spicy chicken mini fillets
garlic & herb wedges
salad

DSCF3484.jpg

Snacks

none

Water

750ml water
2 diet cokes
1 cup green tea

Total Syns

Your dinner looks lovely. What did you have at the Chinese buffet out of interest?

Thanks hunni. I had a ladle of fried rice (2) same amount fried noodles (2) tbsp veg in oyster sauce (1) 5 prawn crackers (1.5) 1 mini spring roll (4) 1 piece chicken satay (2) 1 piece sweet & sour hong kong style (2.5) and a side salad!:) I have only rough syn values based on the full syn value of full meals, i have, imo, over estimated some of the values so i didn't go to wild lol, the prawn crackers are accurate values, 5 for 1.5 syns. It was very nice! xxx

Sunday July 28th 2013 - Extra Easy

Breakfast

Raspberry Activia 0% yogurt
Choc bliss hifi bar (HexB)

Lunch

Sweet chilli cheese pasta with chicken (HexA)

Dinner

Quorn steak style strips stir fry
sw chips
salad

DSCF3486.jpg

Snacks

Treat size twirl (6 syns)
Oatberry cluster mini bite (3 syns)

Water

750ml water
1 diet coke
1 cup green tea

Total syns

Thanks hunni. I had a ladle of fried rice (2) same amount fried noodles (2) tbsp veg in oyster sauce (1) 5 prawn crackers (1.5) 1 mini spring roll (4) 1 piece chicken satay (2) 1 piece sweet & sour hong kong style (2.5) and a side salad!:) I have only rough syn values based on the full syn value of full meals, i have, imo, over estimated some of the values so i didn't go to wild lol, the prawn crackers are accurate values, 5 for 1.5 syns. It was very nice! xxx

That all sounds very nice! Sounds like you made very good choices as well, good on you! I just know that if it was me I would have lost all control and totally forgot about counting syns lol

That all sounds very nice! Sounds like you made very good choices as well, good on you! I just know that if it was me I would have lost all control and totally forgot about counting syns lol

It took some willpower! with the rest of my lot tucking in to ribs, chicken balls etc! but totally worth it as i didn't have any guilt after it! xxx

Wednesday July 31st 2013 - Extra Easy

Breakfast

Banana
Peanut heaven hifi bar (HexB)

Lunch

Baked potato
tuna, sweetcorn, spring onion mixed with ff fromage frais & extra light mayo (1 syn)
Salad

Dinner

Chilli
boiled rice
sw chips
cheese (HexA)
ff yogurt

DSCF3488.jpg

Snacks

Hartley's low cal jelly (0.5 syn)
Snack a jacks curls (3.5 syns)
2 segments chocolate orange (4 syns)