Yasmine's Refeed diary

Thanks for that KD.

It's just, you know the whole thing about glycogen levels and stuff like that on Lipotrim? well, I have no idea if my glycogen levels are back to normal, and if I increase my calories too soon, I beleive that I am going to balloon up. It probably won't happen, but I'm not sure. I don't know when I should increase my carbs and I'm too scared to experiment because of fluid or weight or fat gain, they all scare the living daylights out of me. I know it's something I have to come over, it's just the fear of not knowing what could happen.

Thanks for that KD.

It's just, you know the whole thing about glycogen levels and stuff like that on Lipotrim? well, I have no idea if my glycogen levels are back to normal, and if I increase my calories too soon, I beleive that I am going to balloon up. It probably won't happen, but I'm not sure. I don't know when I should increase my carbs and I'm too scared to experiment because of fluid or weight or fat gain, they all scare the living daylights out of me. I know it's something I have to come over, it's just the fear of not knowing what could happen.

Have you actually discussed your fears with your Pharmacist Yasmine and does he/she give you any support regarding increasing the carbs etc?

Oh the bread?

omg...now that you mention it...I think it is actually higher...****.

I DID manage to maintain BUT it wasn't healthy as I didn't care where the calories came from.

Yeah. I had the same type of thing. Went to a slimming club in the early 70's and was told it didn't matter where the cals came from. Okay, so in a way they were right as weight wise, it doesn't make a lot of difference, but it throws the mindset in the total wrong direction. All on weight, and none on learning to eat healthily, filling foods, keeping sane ;)

There wasn't nearly as much information available as there is now!
You're right there. I remember no cal content on foods, few foods made low cal etc. No internet to check. Nothing like the choices. In a way it made it easier. It was harder to tweak the diet. But in another way it was harder. If you needed to tweak, you could go very wrong.

Oh the bread?

omg...now that you mention it...I think it is actually higher...****.

LOL. Don't panic though :D It's a very minor detail. In the grand scheme of things, means very little.

I don't think he knows that much about it, I'm going to go see him this saturday when I go for my weigh in. I'll ask and see what he says

I don't think he knows that much about it, I'm going to go see him this saturday when I go for my weigh in. I'll ask and see what he says

Quite sad really, if they are selling lipotrim, they should be well up on the refeed and maintenance of the product too.
I was very lucky, the lady who I seen was well up on the lipotrim product and the after care. I dont go to the Pharmacist any longer though, quite happy to do it at home and really enjoying eating this week, being careful, but not counting the calories.

Try not to worry too much Yasmine as it will all come naturally to you after a few weeks.

Thanks, I know it's going to take some used to. When I worry about something it can really stress me out for donkey's years!

I get that from my mum, she's a a big bag of stress and worries too much too, it's rubbed off on me now :/.

I'll just see how this week goes, if I lose or maintain I'll be happy, if I gain, I'm going back on the shakes.

Excellent information as always - I didnt know that KD - thank you.

:) It's a pretty good guideline, but don't get hung up on the number. It's just an 'approx'.

Certain things can swing it, especially the maintenance cals which vary massively depending on various factors; not just size and weight, but how much you have dieted, what you eat now and for how long, what kind of exercise you do etc. Even how long you have been overweight in the past.

:) It's a pretty good guideline, but don't get hung up on the number. It's just an 'approx'.

Certain things can swing it, especially the maintenance cals which vary massively depending on various factors; not just size and weight, but how much you have dieted, what you eat now and for how long, what kind of exercise you do etc. Even how long you have been overweight in the past.
You mean, depending on how long you've been overweight determines how your weight will be after you've dieted?

If you don't mind, I would love to know more :). That sounds really interesting.

Oh and btw guys, I've started doing some toning excersises, will this also make me heavier since I'll be gaining muscle?

I'll just see how this week goes, if I lose or maintain I'll be happy, if I gain, I'm going back on the shakes.

I will give you a cyber slap from Turkey if you even consider it :D

Good to have an approx guideline for future reference, I seem to be maintaining ok with a few high days then make up for it with a few low days to counter react the treats or a couple of vodka's :)

LOL I take it going back on the shakes is a bad idea?

LOL I take it going back on the shakes is a bad idea?

Shakes are for when you need to lose weight, Yasmine you are a fit healthy young lady and you dont need to lose any weight, you just need to become accustomed to maintaining and this is achieved by finding what is right for you, hence the slow rise in your calories, increasing by 50-100 per day on a weekly/fortnightly scale until you find which one you are stabilised at.

Thanks. Ok, god, I really have to stop worrying, sorry if it's annoying any of you guys :(

LOL! oh dear, two clobbers round the ear ouch! reminds me when my dad used to do it.

Good to have an approx guideline for future reference, I seem to be maintaining ok with a few high days then make up for it with a few low days to counter react the treats or a couple of vodka's :)

That sounds good, though try to get the word 'treats' out of your vocab when it comes to food ;)

BTW, a girl on the CD refeed insisted that her maint cals were 1500 as she was stable on that. For her height, age and activity levels, it should have been higher.

I suggested she 'upped' them anyway. She did and lost 2lbs the next week.

That's why I suggested on another thread that Yasmine gradually worked up to the highest level possible.

LOL! oh dear, two clobbers round the ear ouch! reminds me when my dad used to do it.

:rotflmao:

You do need to look at body composition rather above what the scales say. Your scale weight is important to a certain extent, but your composition is more important.

You are looking to maintain your fat loss, not your lean loss.

Thanks. Ok, god, I really have to stop worrying, sorry if it's annoying any of you guys :(

Not annoying at all, just glad that we can offer some support and help.

Just wait till Jan D gets here, that will be 3 cyber slaps :D

That sounds good, though try to get the word 'treats' out of your vocab when it comes to food ;)

BTW, a girl on the CD refeed insisted that her maint cals were 1500 as she was stable on that. For her height, age and activity levels, it should have been higher.

I suggested she 'upped' them anyway. She did and lost 2lbs the next week.

That's why I suggested on another thread that Yasmine gradually worked up to the highest level possible.

Yes I have heard about not using the word treats before, but its like working my way to getting that officially into my brain.

Re - the higher calories, well I am away for 2 weeks from next Monday, so my calories will probably be higher on most days, will see how I fare on the scales when I return. I have not been counting calories these past few days in preparation for choosing healthy meals and controlling portion sizes as I have enjoyed calorie counting, but obviously I dont want to calorie count for the rest of my life.

Ok, god, I really have to stop worrying, sorry if it's annoying any of you guys :(

Certainly not annoying me :)

kered said:
but obviously I dont want to calorie count for the rest of my life.

You've been adding extras anyway, so probably eating more...hence upped your calories. And that is working for you, so fabby :D

You certainly don't have to count calories forever. I don't now. For me it was more to do with education. I knew a lot about them, but wasn't really confident with how they applied to me. I also counted fats, carbs etc for the same reason. Wanted to learn how to get a good balance. All education on healthy eating, rather than weight control

Back