Yellow Tongue ... yuck!!

Hi Guys
Has anyone had trouble with a dry yellow tongue? :argh:
I have been drinking at least 3 to 4 litres of water per day and reg brush my tongue but it does'nt seem to be making any difference.
I would be grateful for some tips!!
Ta
Debbie xx

Not had that one just a nasty taste. Have you tried mouth wash?

debbie, yes , I hear your pain, Im the same,dont know if there is anything that can be done. I'll wait with baited breath <pardon the pun> to see if anyone has any tips!!

I had that and spoke to my dentist as I was feeling sick with it and was close to quitting the diet. It's a sign of dehydration. So up your water. I also bought a scraper and use mouthwash 3 times a day. All is good now!!

pamdev said:
I had that and spoke to my dentist as I was feeling sick with it and was close to quitting the diet. It's a sign of dehydration. So up your water. I also bought a scraper and use mouthwash 3 times a day. All is good now!!

Hi
I have had this problem for a long time on and off and yes a real sign of dehydration and ketosis ! Not nice definitely water and dental cleansing the answer.
Sorry no other pearls of wisdom

Thanks for all the advice going to get a scraper and mouth wash ASAP, but can't really drink anymore water as I'm advised no more than 4 litres and generally I drink that everyday. To be honest I'm considering trying refeed then maintenance. Just don't feel great most of the time and with a two and three year old as well as a fulltime job I'm finding things a bit of a struggle. Does anyone know if you still loose weight because I would still like to shift at least 2 st.
Ta
Debbie xx

Yeah.... yellow tongue is def sign of dehydration.... Do you have a very active job?? As i know you say your having 3-4 litres??? Could explain why your body would need some more water??!!

Dee I have no idea why my body would need more water. I am a social worker so not a particularly active job. I am kept busy with my two girls but still not enough to make me dehydrated. Who knows ... I'm a mystery!!

If your body needs it (which it looks like it's telling you it does) then you need to drink more. I probably drink about 5 a day and since I've been on that my tongue has been fine. Don't get too hung upon the no more than 4 litres advice, remember that is an average so some folk will be more, some much less. The most important thing is to listen to your body. Hope this helps. Xx

Thanks Pam will defo take your advice on board though to be honest I'm still undecided whether to come off TFR just cause I'm not coping well emotionally. Have been feeling very flat and I suppose unhappy. I know I should rise above it but I'm really struggling!! X

Thanks Dee
Got weighed this morning and lost 4 lbs, to be honest it didn't motivate me this week but I'm gonna try for another week just trying to take it one day at a time. x

Well done!! 4pm is fantastic. Dee is right, the low feelings do pass, especially when you start to notice a difference in how your clothes fit. I hope you feel a bit better soon and please use us because we might be able to help. Good luck with whatever you decide. P xx

Are we allowed use mouth wash? x

Back