Yellow Watermelon's Exante Journey

Hijack away! I'm not using it as much as I used to anyway :)

Three shakes are up this morning - they've managed to find some coconut ones ('out the back'??). Still nothing else.

Think we should start a 'shake watch' thread? lol!
That's a point. I wonder where they are dragging up a few more from? Best check the use by dates on any new orders we get. Not checked my mail yet to see if my order has been posted. *goes to have a look*

I'm getting really low on stocks! I'm not going to order one of three shakes, though.

This is how the eBay people can even exist - if they're charging more than Exante, the only way they're selling anything is if Exante doesn't keep stuff in stock. Seems really strange as a business model!

I'm getting really low on stocks! I'm not going to order one of three shakes, though.

This is how the eBay people can even exist - if they're charging more than Exante, the only way they're selling anything is if Exante doesn't keep stuff in stock. Seems really strange as a business model!

Have you got a back up plan, meal wise, I mean? Something to see you right until more stock comes in?
I've not looked on eBay, but if there is stock available on there it sounds like someone on the Exante team are making a profit on the side. Literally at the expense of their customers.

I've got 2 shakes left for toady and only one for tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll receive my next order by tomorrow, if not, it will be Monday. So I'll have to sort something out for over the weekend. Good job the weekend isn't a time where people struggle sticking to a diet, eh? . . . oh wait!

Would you be able to order something similar from another company maybe, to keep you going for a bit?
Also i know SlimFast isnt great but if you're struggling they at least are in Boots?

Would you be able to order something similar from another company maybe, to keep you going for a bit?

A tin of Slim Fast sitting waiting like the spare car on Top Gear!?! :eek: :D

Exante are coming across like a terrible company. I may have to start looking else where for replacement meals. They are NOT reliable! :(

Ok, I've done it. I was looking through my exante drawer, and I have about four bars left. Still have a few shakes and millions of sweet and sour noodles, but I rely on the bars when I travel for work as they're less ostentatious than a lot of the other meals. Plus, the heat has made me not want hot food a lot, so I'm eating them or a shake for dinner quite often now.

I've ordered...through another supplier! I googled alternatives to Exante, and Diet Now came up with a big exante-related discount, so it ended up being cheaper.

The range wasn't as big as exante's usual but they had more than exante has at the moment!

I've not ordered much, but I'm now open to alternatives in a way I wouldn't have been if Exante had just kept their stocks up better. Such a silly approach to business, as I was prepared to be a loyal customer!

I can’t fathom what is wrong with them. I hope the products become available soon. I’m not sure which VLCD company would be the next best to go to. I wouldn’t recommend Slim n Save (although they did me proud when I first lost the weight and their customer service was always great) sadly their products can’t rival Exante. I’ve not tried any others.......there are plenty to choose from though.

I hope all else is well YW :)

Just checked this morning, and Exante is offering...one flavour of shakes in a seven sachet box! Just strawberry, and nothing else.

Do you think maybe they're folding? This has been quite a long time now.

My box of Diet Now products arrived yesterday, but I've had a tummy bug so haven't tried many yet. Before I felt sick yesterday, I had the banana shake (they mix them with milk, which is weird and very rich - even though I use almond - I think it might be nicer with water). I then had a bite of the apricot bar this morning, but my stomach was like 'err, no'. It was fine though - one of those cereal-ey brunch bars, and would probably be nice if I wasn't feeling so rubbish.

I've just realised that I've been on this for over 12 weeks, even though I haven't been hugely strict lately. So, I'm going to eat as normally as possible for a while even though I'm not quite where I want to be. It's hard to feel the pressure when I'm actually feeling quite good about my size these days!

Well done Watermelon! Hope your tummy gets better soon! I have to indeed wonder how we carry on when we're half-way there.
Casting (I think) was saying at one point that at start its the negative feelings motivating us, then as we go along its the positive ones re benefits. I wonder how it'll all work/what starts motivating us when almost there or even in maintenance....saying that, you are close to finishing this. Keep it to the end and see how you feel. With or without normal food as long as you keep to the healthy choices you will still get there! It's all about training yourself in having the normal foods in a respectful (to yourself and your loss) manner. Onwards and downwards :)

I've been away for work for a couple of days, and did part-food, part bars/shakes, and I was really pleased that I was able to eat healthy stuff. I had a small steak and tomatoes the first day, grilled chicken and salad the next! I haven't weighed myself yet, but if I've gone up then that's very silly indeed.

In other news, I've been trialling Diet Now products, and the berry and white chocolate bar is just about the yummiest thing ever. It's expensive, but my first order had a nearly £20 discount automatically applied, so it wasn't too much that time. I also got a free shaker bottle, with a wire ball thing in it, which works so well. I never had one of those before but it's giving my nutribullet a break!
This is the berry bar - https://www.dietnow.com/uk/product/berry-white-chocolate-bar/

They also do a really yummy chocolate truffle bar https://www.dietnow.com/uk/product/milk-chocolate-bar/ - I think it's meant to be a snack bar, but it was delish!

The shakes are ok - probably as good as exante's, and the milk thing is weird, but hey ho.

Exante seems to have pulled out a few more shake flavours, but still no cookies and cream bars, pizzas or fajitas, and I'm not ordering from them again until they do.

Being mostly back on food is going well - what is really working is that I'm pretty much responding to hunger better than I used to, so sometimes I'll not eat a proper meal if I don't feel like it. That feels like a big change.

I'm also really enjoying simple things that previously would have felt like boring food.

And, I still like my shakes for breakfast! I have loads of leftover dinners though...

No change to my weight yet, so fingers crossed I can keep this going!

OK, I'm going to talk about food, and while I may not have trigger piglets like you'll get over at Casting Nasturtium's diary (but no one can compete with that diary, it's a winner), I thought I'd better give a warning and some space for you to leave this page before I start speaking about...

bread. Right, if you're still with me, I had sourdough toast for breakfast. I wasn't planning it, but I was busy with my daughter and we were going out, and when I got out I realised I'd forgotten my morning shake. We popped into a coffee shop, which was in the plan, and I decided to have some of this toast that is the most amazing, delicious toast ever, which was not in the plan. It's two pretty huge slices, which would equal probably more bread combined than I've eaten in months.

It tasted pretty good, although I left a bit of it, but almost immediately I felt rubbish. All morning, I've felt bloated and so tired, and I wasn't hungry for lunch until just now - around 3.30pm. That's not me at all. I'm headachey, my tummy is really sticking out, and I don't feel good. I think I've definitely gotten over my love of bread. I have wished all day to have just had my morning shake.

Seems so crazy! I can't tell you how much I used to love that toast.

Back