Yo-Yo's Diary

:party0019:

Hi YO-YO

God, I really love your posts, you sound so much like me!!!!
Be very proud of your achievements, you've done brilliantly, and yes size 8/10 is very near for you.

You say it's funny about sizes, well I'm 5' 2" and I'm now 11st 4lb and am starting to fit into size 14 clothes, something I've not done for about 10yrs!!!!!

As CC said, shout it from the roof tops if you want to and keep up the good work, and please keep posting!!!!

Oooh my thread has got stars next to the title - what does that mean?

Weigh-in went well again and I lost another 3lbs taking it to 30lbs in 7 weeks, official weight now being 11st 7lbs! God, this diet rocks!!

We were a small group this week. D didn't turn up and neither did she ring in to say why she was not coming so it looks like she's packed it in. I don't think she ever really got her head around having to abstain from day one. My LLC said she would ring her to have a chat and see if she could persuade her to finish the course.

J did phone in, and we all knew that her daughter is due a baby anytime, so she rang in to say she was going up to the hospital with her daughter, so she's not making excuses as she is doing really well and is very motivated. Her transformation is amazing so I was looking forward to see how much she had lost this week too as she had lost 36lbs by last week.

Scores on the doors for the group this week:
B lost 7lbs!! (28lbs in five weeks)
M lost 5lbs (27lbs in six weeks)
S lost 5lbs (30lbs in six weeks)
A lost 2lbs (21lbs in seven weeks)
Me lost 3lbs (30lbs in seven weeks)

S will miss the next two weigh-ins as she's off to Florida, but she's determined to stick to the shakes whilst she's over there.

When we got there, there were two women having an information session with a view to joining. the LLC said to them that she was having a group starting soon if the ladies wanted to wait for us and ask us any questions as obviously she (LLC) hadn't done the diet and we had. The ladies were asking us what the stuff tasted like, how we managed to drink four litres of water etc... all the things I wanted to ask when I started so we answered, and then one of them asked how much we'd lost, so I told them, and they were just gobsmacked and looked at us so admiringly and were really impressed! It was a lovely feeling.

I had another look at my before photos today (the ones she took) and bleurk - they were truly disgusting. The side view one is horrible, my belly went right up to my boobs (no waist) and in fact my gut came out as far as my boobs - a horrible sight! Why did no one ever tell me that I looked such a fat munter.

We were talking about growing in confidence yesterday and she is right! I went to a second hand shop to buy a table yesterday, and I found one I liked for £25. I said to the owner that I liked it, and would he deliver it and he shook his head and said he would only deliver large items that wouldn't go in a car and he charged £10 per delivery. In a previous life I would have shuffled out of the shop table-less, and wouldn't have dared to argue but I set about trying to change his mind - actually flirting - with him and behaving all girlie, and lo and behold he asked me where I lived so I told him, and he went "oh go on then, it's on my way home anyway" (great) then he said he would drop it off at 11am tomorrow!! - erm, is that on his way home when he doesn't shut up shop til 4pm??? LOL. And he's delivering it for free LOL. I remember being younger and having bags full of confidence, and it looks like it could be making a re-appearance.

Unofficial weigh in this morning 11st 4.8lbs (that's a big jump down from 11st 6.2lbs yesterday, wonder if my scales are playing up?)

Hmm...yesterday's scales obviously weren't wrong as unofficial morning weight today was 11st 4.2lbs, so I bypassed the 5s completely LOL.

Today I found out from my husband that his black-tie Xmas do is on 7th December at a posh hotel in York, so Operation Minx now has a date! I always feel fat and frumpy at these do's because all the girls he works with are all slinky and willowy and gorgeous, and last year I refused to go because I was teetering on 14st and a size 18 so he wouldn't go either. This year will be Very Very different, and I will be wearing a size 10 dress! Eeeeehhhhhh I can't WAIT!!! If I start management on 25th September the party will be week 11 of Management, so that's pretty much the end of it isn't it, so I should be able to eat the whole three course meal and drink copious amounts of sugary alkypops, yes? (however things will be different, because I wont eat DH's leftovers this time, or get him to order a dessert so that I can eat it - YES THAT HAS REALLY HAPPENED!)

I've also made the definite decision to be vegetarian. Things keep happening that make the decision a bit more concrete, first Foot and Mouth reappearing (and the thought of the poor cows having to be destroyed. I then read an artical by a slaughterman which nearly made me cry. Then I read an artical in the paper about a missing girl who was believed to have been murdered and chopped up into kebab meat, and then finally before Location x 3 came on last night I was confronted by scenes of sheep in a slaughterhouse. (although I wont be a proper vegetarian cos I will have to eat fish).

I sorted through my wardrobes last night and have thrown out anything that is too big for me. (well, put it onto a giant charity shop pile). There is LOADS. I didn't have the heart to chuck away one size 16 going out top, but I put it on, and it doesn't look that massive so I've kept it. A lovely chinese silk top I got from e-bay in a size 14 is in danger of becoming too big before I have a night out, so I am gonna have to wear it for work. Two pairs of trousers that I haven't worn in over a year because they were too small are now in danger of becoming too big too. All my trousers are a size 14 and I've had to throw out those without belt loops but I reckon I could go into a few shops and come away with size 12 smart work trousers.

I did Body Pump for many years and never saw my body shape change, so I wonder if underneath all the blubber I did develop some muscle but because of the flab I never saw it, and now that the flab is melting perhaps the muscle accounts for me being heavy but slim? (if you know what I mean?) or would the muscle have disappeared when I stopped going to Body Pump, and started ketosis?

I'm having some more "during" photo's taken this week, as it's four weeks since the last lot.

WOO HOO!!!

Have to post this! I have bought a jacket from Tesco as my jacket is way too big now and looks daft - and it was a size 12. I can actually button it up too!!!!!!!

My Brain still can't get around the thought of being an actual small size.

WOW - 11st 3.4lbs this morning!!! It's really coming off quick this week. I have 21 days left in August and I dare say my target of being under 11st should be met.

I had a bit of an "adaptive child" moment last night as my husband said to me: "How long are you gonna be at this diet club for? I've been asked to play five-a-side football with work on a Tuesday and I really would like to play".

Cue me feeling guilty, and that I am standing in his way. Ideas rushing around my head about how we can get around this.

In the end I said "Look, I will be in this class on a Tuesday night for another seven weeks, and then I will go into another class but at this moment in time I don't know what day that will be on, and I really need to continue with this, you can see it's working and doing me the world of good, and if you agree it's important, you would tell the lads that you can join them in seven weeks" and I left it at that. I still feel guilty because he smokes, drinks heavily and does no exercise at all, so doing the 5-a-side would be extremely good for him.

Had another size 12 spending orgy in Tesco yesterday, but it was only £35 for five items, including a £15 jacket so I thought I did very well.

Okay, so we've done the week eight photo's today cos my hair was looking nice LOL. Please excuse the mess! I'm having a lazy day today as I am back at work next week. Why do working weeks not pass as quickly as non-working weeks? I'll add these to my gallery, so they can be compared with start, and week 4 photos.

month2.jpg

month2a.jpg

ARRGGHHHH - HOW DID I MAKE THAT HAPPEN? IT'S PHOTO'S NOT A URL!

Sorry they are so large

wow yo yo. you are looking fab. what a difference compared to your before photos. You dont look like you've still got 22lb to go.

Oh thank you!! You're my new best friend on the boards now LOL 22lbs will put me at 9st 13lbs, so not too slim, and almost near the top of my healthy BMI (10st 5lbs). I think I will be happy to stay there, and I actually think I will achieve this in the seven weeks I have left of foundation (hopefully)

Today is day 53 only 45 days to go, I can't believe it has gone so fast!!!

Unofficial weight today 11st 3.2lb so not a lot down on yesterday but there are nearly 4 full days to go until I get weighed. Also I am at a stage now where I feel a 'normal' size, so the urgency to keep losing lots of weight each week is diminishing (if you know what I mean). Losing weight is nice, but I am no longer fat in my own mind.

ROFL, I ordered a top from e-bay in a size 12 (brand name 'Clockhouse' never heard of it). It would have fit me.....if I didn't have to breath again LOL. Perhaps one to add to my pile of things to wear when I am slim(mer)

Hi Yo-Yo,

I came across your photos in the gallery and I put them on the inspirational thread.

You have done very well!!!

Had another size 12 spending orgy in Tesco yesterday, but it was only £35 for five items, including a £15 jacket so I thought I did very well.

Size 12:eek:

Here is the link...You can really see the weight falling off you.

http://www.minimins.com/success-sto...r-photo-thread-inspiration-62.html#post329937

If you click on your name beside gallery under your avatar that will take you to your photos.

Oh WOW, me on a thread of inspiration! I would have wet myself laughing three months ago if someone had ever told me I would be on such a thing!! Fantastic, what a boost!

Weight today 11st 2.8lbs, so into another pound bracket. Not gonna be long before I start waking up at under eleven stone. I'm also not that much overweight now, only 11.5lbs. My husband was amazed at how much my bum has shrunk, he can't believe it, he keeps grabbing me saying "Where's it gone? Where is it? How can it have just vanished overnight" I just hope my boobs don't go the same way or else I might have to start putting some weight back on. Still, it's taken me almost 2.5 stone to lose one cup size, so hopefully not.

As I'm typing this, my eldest son has just said to me: "Mum, you look skinnier than normal today"!!! I never thought the day would come when he would call me skinny!!

I'm so proud of myself, but I am starting to feel really anxious about eating again. What happens if I pile it all back on again, not through overeating, just from eating again? I know logically if I follow management to the letter, that shouldn't happen, but what if my body decides to keep hold of those new extra calories?

Had a great day yesterday, was the first footie game of the season, and we are new season ticket holders for our local club Bradford City and what a cracking game it was. I took along my nut crunch bar to snack on at half-time, we drew 1-1 but it was a fantastic atmosphere, I love being part of a big crowd where everyone is there for the same purpose. We had to park the car a mile away from the ground, so I walked more than I have done in ages yesterday and really enjoyed the walking. Unfortunately the next time we can go is over a month as we're away for the next Saturday game, and the midweek games are on a Tuesday, which is my Lighter Life Class.

For the first time in 55 days I stayed the same this morning, 11st 2.8lbs.

I'm not disappointed at all though considering all I have achieved in nearly eight weeks losing over two stone, and dropping 2 dress sizes.

I did struggle to drink the four litres yesterday, I did manage it just before I went to bed, but it was quite warm yesterday and spent a lot of time outside, out and about, so maybe it's a bit of water retention.

I have found another shop where I am a size 12, Peacocks. I bought three pairs of trousers, and some city shorts, the shorts and one of the trousers fit perfect, the other two are a wee bit tighter than I would be happy with, but another week or two and they'll be comfortable. I also managed to fasten the size 12 'boyfriend style' jeans I got from Tesco a couple of weeks ago but couldn't zip them up. There's a bit of muffin top going on so again, another couple of weeks. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fact that with this diet you see so many results in a short space of time!

I have a social event coming up on Saturday, my husband is going on a team building go-karting session in Leeds with drinks afterwards, and he wants to me go over on the train for the 'drinks afterwards' so I think I will stick to fizzy soda water, and take some flavouring with me. I'm really excited about what I can wear!! I have lots of nice things now, rather than thinking what can I wear that makes me look less fat!

ARRGGHH had completely forgotten that I needed to have my blood pressure checked in time for tonight. It is bucketing it down with rain today, and so I will have to walk into town - better take my raincoat!

Unofficial weight has stayed the same 11st 2.8lbs - why has it stayed static for three days now? Is this it? Is this all I am gonna lose, and I'll be destined to be over eleven stone for ever?

The reaction from two of my work colleagues was great yesterday. I haven't seen J for four weeks (roughly 17lbs of fat gone since I saw her) as she's had annual leave when I have been in work, and vice versa. She has a really loud booming voice and she bellowed "Gosh Ann-Marie, you're disappearing, you look amazing"!!! so everyone in the office turned around to stare, and I felt a bit embarrassed.

R, I haven't seen for three weeks, and we are quite close friends at work and she is actually my benchmark for how I want to look and indeed I told her to tell me to stop when I looked like her, and she asked me how I had done, so I told her, and she said "Right, you can stop now, you are now lighter than I am, you measure less inches than I do, and I can't get near size 12 knickers, so your work is now done"....

So why do I still feel like a fat girl? Why can I not see a thin girl, even though I know 'fat people' couldn't get into a size 12, and provoke reactions like my weight loss has done? I'm looking at girls on the TV or in the street and asking my husband if I am fatter than they am (it was Casey from Coronation Street last night). So how do I learn to accept myself?

Oh Yikes, I had my blood pressure taken today and it is quite low. I have never had low blood pressure in my life before, and even at week 5 it was normal at 110/70. I actually went to two different chemists today to have it checked because I refused to believe the first one, I didn't know that low blood pressure is a side effect of a VLCD.

The two readings at Superdrug were 91/71 and 95/68. The chemist I went to after work showed 90/68 then 92/65.

I came home and did a search on 'low blood pressure' and have found quite a few messages from people all around the same stage as what I am, who have had low blood pressure. I just hope I don't get thrown off of the programme because of it.

A few of the messages suggest adding a small amount of salt to the soups or the Marigold so I might give that a try.

Fourth day in a row, 11st 2.8lbs. Not angry or depressed, just bemused LOL. I'm more than happy with the way I look, and there is a lot about me that I like - I could even say love now - what are scales other than numbers on a machine. My clothes fit better, there are no noticeable lumps, and I am a magic size 12 which is a normal size by anyone's standards!

Official weigh in last night 3lbs off, taking me to 11st 4lbs so that's 33lbs off in total, and only 18lbs to my goal of ten stone, with six weeks left to go so I am 66% of the way there. I've averaged at a 4lbs per week loss so far, so hopefully I can manage three pounds a week to get to my goal. I think I will be a 10/12 at 10st, depending on shop which was beyond my wildest dreams two months ago.

Well our class dwindled in size in more ways than one last night!

LLC finally got hold of D who said that she is pregnant!! She had wanted to lose weight to try for a baby so she didn't expand even more, but she's got pregnant by accident. Maybe that is why she couldn't get to grips with the diet.

J didn't ring in, and hasn't done so all week. Her daughter was meant to be having her baby last week, and it's feasible the baby didn't come last week, but I can't understand why she hasn't been in touch with the LLC about food packs? Hope she hasn't had a blip and packed it in or anything? She was really focused.

S is in Florida, hopefully she's being really controlled.

Then there were four!

A = 2lbs off (23lbs in 8 weeks)
B = 1lb off (29lbs in 6 weeks)
M = 3lbs off (30lbs in 7 weeks)
Me = 3lbs off (33lbs in 8 weeks)

I gave her my blood pressure recordings and she didn't seem unduly worried. She said I was the first case she'd had of someone's blood pressure becoming low, so she would have to ring head office and get some advice!! Then she read a booklet and it was decided 90/60 was too low, and mine was a bit higher than that so I am okay for the time being. She'd not heard of the adding salt theory then seized the chance to try and flog me some savoury drinks LOL, but I just ordered a savoury pack every day that I am gonna substitute a sweet for.

My BMI is apparently 27.4 according to her, but under 27 according to my ticker. I've tinkered with the figures and only have to lose another 9lbs (10st 9lbs) to get into a healthy BMI, so not long to go!!! That was one of the goals I wrote down, to have a healthy BMI, and I'm gonna make it with time to spare.

Back