Yo-Yo's Diary

Hiya Yo-Yo

Just wanted to say, I'm really enjoying reading your posts. If you remember we started LL around the same time?

You're food in the office is hilarious, and sounds very much like my office, we have had a number of birthdays/people leaving in the office recently and I've had to fight the temptation of donuts, flapjacks, chocolate fudge brownies!!!!! But, am very proud to say, I haven't once given in. A couple of the girls on my team are doing LL and one is doing CD so I've got plenty of support!!

I've lost 14.lbs so far, it's brill to see how you are doing also.

Keep up the good work, keep posting - you are definitely keeping me going on this LL journey.

Take care

Oh that's really lovely Trish, yes I do remember you as one of my fellow same-time starters! I'm glad you enjoy my blog, I'm enjoying writing it, and people must be reading it cos the viewed count still keeps going up!

There's been birthday goodies in that thar office AGAIN today. How come there is only 25 people in the office, yet there seems to be a birthday every week?

BAH! Lost a lousy pound last night! I think I know why though and it was because I drank 0.75l of water in the hour-and-half before weigh-in as when I got home from class my own scales showed a 2lbs loss (which is still rubbish, but hey I wouldn't have had this total loss on WW).

Last week when I went I hadn't had anything to drink between leaving work at 3:15pm, and getting weighed. My pee stick went purple so she said to me that I should make the effort to have something to drink after 3:15pm. So yesterday I had 2.5 litres at work between 6:00am and 3:30pm, then was busy when I got home, so at 5:30pm thought "I had better have some water" so I had 750mls up to getting to class at 7pm. Then to add insult to injury, the blooming pee stick STILL went purple! So I just do not know what I am doing wrong. I think she believes that I am cheating! I'm gonna buy some ketostix myself and start testing every day because I refuse to believe I am NOT drinking enough water. I blooming wont be making the same mistake next week I can tell you!

So "official" weight last night is 12st 6lbs, BMI 30.1 so for the first time since I started the diet I am disappointed as I really wanted my BMI to be under 30 (even though my ticker says it is, her book says it's not). Anyway, it's 17lbs in four weeks now.

However I have gone down another pound bracket this morning, and unofficial weight is 12st 2.6lbs! I am very pleased about that. I have my size 14 Dorothy Perkins grey trousers on for work today they are a bit tight around the waist though but hey - they fit my bum/thighs/hips.

Another milestone reached - today is day 29, which means I only have 60+ days left in foundation, instead of 70+.

Groupmates scores on the doors!
B - 7lbs (14lbs in 2 weeks)
M - 4lbs (17lbs in 3 weeks)
S - 4lbs (17lbs in 3 weeks)
me - 1lb (17lbs in 4 weeks)
A - 1lb (10lbs in 4 weeks) (it;s just not coming off for her)
D - 1lbs (11lbs in 4 weeks - lady who cheated last week, and the week before, cheated again this week and still lost as much as I did - GRRRR)
J - 6lbs (27lbs in 4 weeks) - she's doing blumming fabulously!

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's session again. I can't believe the time is going so quickly.

My boss said to me yesterday "Come on then, tell me what you are doing to lose weight cos you look like you have lost loads" (I have) so I told her and she just turned her nose up saying "Uh I couldn't do that" (well I can!)

And a colleague who has been on a training course for three weeks says "Wow, look at you, skinny minnie!" - so that was nice LOL. No one has ever called me that before. I like being stroked though!

PS - Oooh cheered up - look at Ticker, I am a third of the way through already!

Only a teeny loss today, 12st 2.4lbs I hope it speeds up a bit towards the end of the week.

Those rotters in the office had another takeaway curry in the office. That is the third they have had since I started this diet, and yesterday was only day 29 for me. I was quite jealous. I felt a bit socially excluded yesterday as though I wasn't really part of things. They were there, poring over the menu's, asking each other what they were having, making "oooh yum" noises when someone else said what they were having, complaining in unison when the takeaway wasn't delivered at the time it said it would...

I'm a bit obsessed with clothes shopping now, went and spent £18 on two t-shirts from Next, and £12 on a shirt/dress thing from Peacocks (all size 14!!). I'm wearing the shirt/dress thing over some cropped trousers at work, hope they don't look silly.

The cropped trousers were what I wore at my first Lighter Life meeting 21lbs ago, and my rolls of flab were pushing the waistband down, and hanging over the top (bleurk, disgusting!). Now they are baggy.

Hah - that feeling is better than the excitement of waiting for any takeaway! (although I still hope they all got heartburn!)

Well, that's all for today folks...

Day 31 in the Big Blubber House. 67 days of foundation to go.

12st 2lbs today (sigh) I have been in the 12st 2's for three days now, tis looking like being another slow loss this week mind you I just looked on my calendar to see some perspective, and I HAVE lost 9.8lbs in 19 days - I wouldn't have done that on WW.

Those heifers in the office had MORE cream cakes and buns yesterday for ANOTHER birthday! It was dead funny to see them swarming like vultures around the boxes as soon as they were put out, arguing the toss because someone had managed to get to the only two Chocolate Brownies before they had! Someone caused controversy by leaking jam onto our new carpet and not owing up to it!

Costo came to work yesterday to accept applications for membership and with them they brought a big tray of muffins and danish pastries. I went into the admin office (there's only 7 people who work in there) and saw them scoffing them, and they told me they'd been a freebie from the Costo lady, and when I went back to the office and told them, my table (the girls who do the same job as me), were all uber indignant, moaning about how unfair it was that Admin got them as there were more of us, blah blah blah (v funny) - in the grand scheme of things IT'S A BUN, YOU SILLY MOOS).

I watched a program I have never watched before called Diet Doctors on Wednesday and it was really quite interesting....anyway I had the startling realisation, when I saw the woman's problems (bad skin, too much sugar, no energy) that once I start eating, now I have detoxed and cleansed and healed my body and attitude, that I don't want to start pumping my body full of crap again....but I'm not sure how to eat healthily!

Yesterday was funny! they had butties in the office again, which is and always has been the norm for Friday's however they all know about my "food log of shame", and when I nipped to the loo around 8am, I came back to discover lots of packets of biscuits on the table, and no one would own up to bringing them in, and they were all blaming each other!! LOL. What's their problem? They couldn't possibly be ashamed could they? Then the boss bought in some rocky bars, and some chocolate digestive bars for a meeting she had organised, and she brought in the leftovers so more bicscuits were hanging around the office all day - The old me would have eaten tonnes..

Woo, into another pound bracket today big style! I have lost 0.8lbs overnight and am 12st 1.2lbs today! soon, soon, soon I'll be under 12st (that was my target by the end of July and there are ten days left so I should be well under!). GOD five weeks ago I was very nearly 14st, this diet is amazing!

My line manager made me laugh yesterday. We were having a bit of a banter, and everyone in the office was backing me, and he cracked me up by saying "I preferred you when you were fat and quiet" (not meant in an insulting way though, and certainly not seen as insulting by me), it really made me chuckle. FAT said in past-tense!

Am having my kitchen ceiling plastered today so the kitchen is out of bounds. I think I will take some shakes and a blender and de-camp to my mums.

As the Kaiser Chiefs once sang; "Oh my God, I can't believe it..." but on this morning's weigh-in I have actually gone and done it already with 9 days to spare and am below 12st! I hopped on this morning and was 11st 13.8lbs! I just couldn't believe my eyes so hopped off, went for a wander around the house, came back upstairs a few minutes later and they read the same. I'm really speechless and almost lost for words! (I said, 'almost')

Last night my husband said to me: "You can tell you have lost weight" - completely unprompted, all I was doing was stretching up to a cupboard for a tin of beans. I asked him to ensure that when I became thin, he had to keep mentioning it to me, as he's never said anything about my weight before, so I just felt like he wasn't bothered so it wasn't worth making an effort.

Kitchen ceiling was being plastered yesterday so the kitchen was out of bounds between 8:30 and 3pm, and then I was left with loads of mess to clean up. Electrics are being done today....Might go to Tesco to try and get some patio furniture, I was there yesterday and noticed it is all half-price!!!

I'm off work next week (YAY). I'm always rushing around like a mad thing when I am off work, so I hope I can still get all my quota of water finished off easily.

We've booked to go to Blackpool for three days at the end of August, hope it's stopped raining by then! Mind you, even if it hasn't there is loads to do in Blackpool if it's wet - that's why I love it there! I might try and fit in the Haven Caravan Park at Berwick for a weekend too beforehand.

Down 0.2lbs today to 11st 13.6lbs (I like writing that down, LOL, eleven-stones something!). I was scared of getting on the scales in case the batteries were failing, and so the scales were weighing what they wanted and finding I'd 'put' 5lbs on or something. The time between getting on the scales, and the beep to tell me the final decision is getting longer and longer, you see.

My mum commented on my weight loss yesterday, unprompted, for the first time. She's always been encouraging, ringing to see how I have done, praising me for sticking to it, but this was the first time she's actually said she could see I had lost weight.

I forgot to mention that I had my first negative comment on Friday. I went to see my friend whom I haven't seen since I started LL, but who knows how much weight I have lost. So she said to me "Wow, I can see you have some nice cheekbones now!", and her husband said "I just think you look tired, it can't be doing you any good"

ERM NO I LOOK TIRED BECAUSE I GET UP AT 5AM EVERY MORNING, HAVE TWO CHILDREN, A FULL-TIME JOB, AND A HOUSE TO LOOK AFTER, YOU GIMP.

In fact, it was her husband that made me decide to go to LL. about a week before I started LL, I had a tidy out of size 14 clothes in my wardrobe that were never going to fit me again *laughs hysterically with hindsight* and as she was oohing and aahing over them, I said "...well they are cluttering up my wardrobe and I've tried and failed to lose weight...." and he butted in "Well that;s it, you have to have the motivation, and getting into a smaller dress size isn't a motivation for you, so no point in keeping them, you're obviously far happier eating what you want than you are to lose weight, so just accept the bigger clothes size" and even though I outwardly laughed and agreed with him, inside I thought "HAH, I'll show you and make you EAT your words!"

Official weigh-in tonight! Unofficial weigh in today showed down 1.2lbs today to 11st 12.4lbs. I'm now disbelieving the scales and feel the need to get on them twice just to make sure the battery isn't playing up! I mean, if it were, I would get "LO" displayed on the screen. It's such a long time since I have been 11st something...

My ex-step-mother-in-law came back from her two week holiday on Sunday and back to her first weigh-in last night and had gained 2lbs. She said she knew she was going to gain but was feeling a bit fed up. I told her not to be daft because no one could see that 2lbs on her, and if she told people she'd stayed the same, no one would be able to prove otherwise unless she showed them her book (but I know how she feels). She got straight back on it on Sunday anyway, so had two full days but still was not in Ketosis when she checked her sticks yesterday.

I had a wierd lighter life related dream last night. I dreamt that I got on the scales tonight and was 12st 2lbs, and I felt really disappointed as it was only a 4lbs loss. Then I dreamt that my parting was about three inches wide meaning I was losing my hair! Hope it's not a premonition.

Unofficially stayed the same weight today 11st 12.4lbs!

So, yesterday was the end of my fifth week of Lighter Life and I lost an astonishing 6lbs! I thought this week was going to be a slow week, but obviously I was wrong. I seem to have this pattern of slow week followed by good loss, so I might only lose a pound next week or something. I would really have liked to have been "officially" under 12st, but alas it was not to be and I "officially" weigh 12st exactly now. I'm still pleased though because my BMI is now exactly 29 (according to her reckoning, although ticker says otherwise) which means I am now overweight instead of obsese (I did ask her, and she said 25-29 is overweight). I've lost 23lbs in total now, which is 12% of my body weight in five weeks. ONE STONE AND NINE POUNDS IN FIVE WEEKS!!! Also another milestone gone, as it's no longer "thirty-something pounds to lose" but "twenty-something" as I now have 29 to go (although that takes me to 10st exactly, and I'd probably really like to be 9st 7lbs) but lets not split hairs!​

It was a good week all round for nearly everyone this week.

B - 4lbs (18lbs in three weeks)
S - 6lbs - (22lbs in four weeks)
M - 5lbs - (21lbs in four weeks)
J - 6lbs (33lbs in five weeks)
Me - 6lbs (23lbs in five weeks)
D - 2lbs on (8lbs in five weeks)
A - 6lbs (17lbs in five weeks)

A finally admitted that she had only been eating two food packs per day, and her loss had been quite slow, so this week she made sure she ate all four packs, and it obviously paid off for her with her good loss.

D gained 2lbs this week even though she claims she has religiously stuck to the plan all week and not cheated once this week. She said she was happy with the gain, because she lost a pound last week when she cheated and she'd expected to gain last week, so she feels maybe her body works a week in arrears so next week she will have a good loss.

When I went into the LLC's office to get weighed, I kicked my shoes off, took my jacket off and she looked at me and blurted out "My, you HAVE got a waist now" - hee hee.

I kept three pairs of size 14, small-fit jeans that I really liked from my thin days. I tried two pairs on a few weeks ago but they were still too tight but I had forgotten about the third. Well I have tried them on today and they fit! Only the merest hint of muffin top going on when I sit down!

Got some more clothes off my EXSMIL but they are all a size 16 so I think they will be too big.

Nothing really much to report from yesterday...

today's unofficial weigh-in was 11st 11.2lb. I've been more active this week because I haven't been at work, although that's had a knock on effect of not drinking as much water as a work day because I've been out and about rushing around. Normally I have had three litres by 3pm, however this week I've been trying to get 2 - 2.5 litres down between 5pm and bedtime.

I've booked a holiday to Zante for next year (30th May) and it feels good to know, that I'm going to be more beach babe than beach ball!

In fact, my eldest son wants his 11th birthday party to be held at a swimming pool, and I wont be ashamed to be seen in a swimming cossie then (12th September) as it will be only two weeks before I finish foundation!

Unofficial weigh-in this morning into a new pound bracket, 11st 10.8lbs!

I went swimming today (size 14 costume) and I didn't feel fat at all!! I think actually not feeling bloated helps a lot.

Yesterday I went to pick my son up from his friends house. Although I have seen his mother since I started LL, she hasn't seen me without a jacket or coat on, and I got out of the car went down the drive, and she was phsyically taken aback at the sight of me. She went "Oh my GOD, You've lost loads of weight!!" compliments are always nicer when they are from someone who doesn't know I am doing LL.

Oh - got a pair of jeans from the Next sale, size 14 (petite) range and they fit me perfectly! I might see if I can get some in a size 12 to slim into.

Hiya

I've just been sat reading all your post and its a real inspiration, I started officially last week but I'm still really struggling to stick to it, I've got my father-in-laws 60th this weekend which I'm away all weekend for so its going to make it difficult.
Your doing fantastically I shall keep reading to inspire me

Jennie

Hiya

I've just been sat reading all your post and its a real inspiration, I started officially last week but I'm still really struggling to stick to it, I've got my father-in-laws 60th this weekend which I'm away all weekend for so its going to make it difficult.
Your doing fantastically I shall keep reading to inspire me

Jennie

You can do it Jennie! This is the easiest diet I have ever done, in fact, it's so easy that it feels like I am cheating as the weight is dropping off. You can see for yourself how much weight I am losing on a daily basis, and how much more confidence it has given me losing this little lot...no other diet will do that and you just have to think to yourself "Yes, I am going to put my life on hold for x months, and then I can start living again".

Thanks for your reply xx

Unofficial weight 11st 10.4lbs this morning, so down again!

Another milestone passed today, today is day 39, which means I now have "fifty-something" days left in foundation as opposed to "sixty something" - another eight days and I will be at the half way mark!

My friend asked me a searching question yesterday "What do you finally want to get down to?" and I didn't have a clue. My mind says ten stone (well, 9st 13lbs as I have never been smaller than that in my adult life). On the brief occasion I weighed that previously I was a size 12/14. I think I would be happy at that however as this diet is so easy and the results are so fabulous, I am torn between completing 98 days then doing 12 weeks of management (which means I am finished by Christmas!) and constantly thinking to myself "I wish I'd have lost another stone", or whether to push the boat out and abstain for another month to six weeks and try to get down to 9st and possibly a size 10 and push the 'normal' eating back to the end of January/beginning of Feb?

I haven't been giving the end weight much thought to be honest as the focus on LL is very much the amount of time for me, at the moment.

Sorry I haven't been chatty lately but I've been serially lurking and enjoying your updates immensely.

Wedding's a week tomorrow so I've been swamped with last-minute things. Gosh, and this is for only 4 people. There's no way I could imagine trying to organise a wedding for a hundred or more. I'd be in the loony bin.

Obviously it's up to you to decide how long you want to abstain for but I have one piece of info - all the people I know who went into management just before Christmas found it really difficult and came back with weight on that they never got off again. I was abstinent over Christmas and it was an excellent opportunity for me to see how many triggers I have around the occasion so I was really happy to learn and lose weight over that period. It was a very hard 4 weeks though. I went through a month of really wanting to eat every day until I finally (with the help of all my homework) worked out what was triggering my thoughts of eating. From then on it was plain sailing to finish abstinence and start management by the end of Feb.

That's just something for you to mull over in the coming months. If you do decide to go into management before Christmas it will also be a good opportunity for you to set yourself goals to stick to management completely by the book and find other ways of being festive without food.

I went sale shopping today (which I normally hate) and although it wasn't all hooray, yippee, I was really pleased that I tried on size 10s all day and every single one of them fit. That was my goal - to be a true size 10. Still only managed to come home with one shirt and one dress though!

Please keep up the daily updates if you can. I check every day! Even though I don't have time to write much, being able to read about your progress is a little highlight for me every day :)

Hello JD *waves like a mad thing* nice to see you are still around. GAWD I can't believe it is so close to the wedding, I bet you are really excited! Are you gonna post a wedding photo? I can't wait to see what you look like - if you don't wanna post it here, you do have my e-mail addy.

It must be lovely to be a size 10 - I bet you titter to yourself everytime you think about it. I'd love to be a size 10! I'm really excited now that more and more shops size 14s are fitting me! I think I will be in a size 14 for a while though. I was well into the early ten stones by the time a size 12 fitted.

I still have another 8 weeks on LL so I will see how I feel nearer the time. I think in all honesty I will probably do another four weeks (at this moment in time) and that should take me to 9st (5ft 4in) but I'll see what I look like at 9.5st. I'm quite frankly scared of eating anything at the moment in case I fall back off the wagon and never get on. This is just a few months of my life repairing the damage years and years of eating crap has done, so I will cope.

Another milestone, day 40 - 40% of the way through now, never thought I would last that long. I like breaking it down into chunks and finding little milestones so there's something 'met' every few days or so.

Today I am 11st 10.2lbs, so only a wee bit of a loss today. This is the third day I have been in the 10lbs. I even had five litres of water yesterday so had hoped to have dropped another pound bracket - harrumph! Oh well *time for a mantra* - "I'd never have dropped 23lbs in five weeks at Weight Watchers" - in fact, I;d never have managed to stay on a diet for five weeks at Weight Watchers without cheating!

I actually found yesterday really hard and I wanted to eat. I really wanted a rolo doughnut and had to reason with myself for a long time, why I shouldn't give in. I'm scared of eating anything while in abstainance because I know if I do, there is always the distinct chance that I wont get back onto it, as the "failure" will always be at the back of my mind. This is the first time that I have had such strong cravings and I am glad I managed to combat them.

Just checking to see if my weight loss pics attached themselves to my profile :)

aaaaaaand again... really not sure how to do this, will go and ask someone who's done it successfully :rolleyes:

Yay. Now I just have to work out how to put it in my signature so it appears every time.

Last edited:
Ok, last try before I go and ask...

Back