Yo-Yo's Diary

AHA, so the attached picture appears with every post. Hooray, I've cracked it :bliss:

Ok, as you were...

And thank you for your patience! :rolleyes:

FLIPPING HECK!!!!

Am Speechless - you look bloody amazing woman! Right - any cravings I have had for a sausage sandwich have gone, you've right spurred me back on!

Thanks for those, you must be so proud of your lickle self!

ARGHHHH!!!

Bloody 11st 10lbs exactly today - that's the fourth day running now. I'm only going to have lost 2lbs by tomorrow night at this rate. Why's it so slow? I'm drinking all my water?! It's flipping frustrating! ARRGGGHHHHH. Well I am back at work today so maybe I will have to make the effort to drink five litres every day rather than four. I wonder how much they have all been eating when I have been off? I bet they are all like little barrels with legs when I go in.

Unofficial weigh in 11st 9.6lbs today, the scales have finally shifted, shame it's not a bit more. Oh well, at least it is coming off in the right direction.

My ESMIL went to class last night and had lost 6lbs! She's been cheating every day too, she's finding it really hard to get back on the wagon after her two weeks in Majorca (where she gained 2lbs). I think she looks great as it is but she wants to lose another half stone.

I was able to wear my new white Wallis skirt yesterday because yesterday was summer!

Two of my colleagues were repeatedly telling me they couldn't believe how much weight had gone off my face since they last saw me. Funnily enough I had never thought of my face as being fat in the first place! I don't want it to come off my face, I want it to come off my thighs!!!

I love not feeling bloated anymore but I'm really missing eating at the moment. Not to the point that I am having to wrestle with myself not to eat, but definitely to the point where I feel really sorry for myself that everyone is eating and I am not.

YAY!! my hundredth post to say that I lost 4lbs this week taking me to 27lbs in six weeks! That's just a pound off two stone! I have NEVER lost so much weight in my life. Official weight now 11st 10lbs - and you know what? I started my first ever diet in 1997 weighing 11st 5lbs thinking I was fat - and now I feel slim!!! And look at my ticker - I have now lost more than I still need to lose! (well, to get to my first target anyway).

Our group dwindled as we had a lady ring in sick. I am not sure that she will return next week...I hope I am wrong.
B = 3lbs - 20lbs in 4 weeks
S = 3lbs - 26lbs in 5 weeks.
M - 1lb - 22lbs in 5 weeks
A - 3lbs - 20lbs in 6 weeks
J - 3lbs - 36lbs in 6 weeks
me - 4lbs - 27lbs in 6 weeks, so I was the class swot this week!

And it was a nice class today as everyone kept telling me how they could really tell that I had lost weight now.

Mick at work made me laugh, he said he was gonna have to change my name to Leanne because I didn't look like Ann-Marie anymore as the weight was dropping off me and I looked like a whole new person LOL.

Last edited:
However to bring me right back down to earth I have to admit that the elusive Dorothy Perkins size 14 trousers are evading me! I wont class myself as a true size 14 until I fit into something of that size in there (however I can get their tops to fit me).

I tried on some cropped linen pants, from the tall section even though I am petite (ie a shortarse) thinking the waist might be bigger, well needless to say I couldn't get them past my thighs!

I'm being brave today and wearing a pair of long shorts, I think the magazines call them city shorts, in beige! I'd never have dared wear such an item just six weeks ago.

Unofficial weight today 11st 9lbs.

My LLC pointed out last night that my BMI is now too low to be a Lighter Life joinee! heh heh, that sounded good - "you're too thin to join us"

Today's weight 11st 8.6lbs!

I went shopping yesterday and hit the sales BIG TIME! I went into New Look and tried a size 14 skirt on - it's lovely to go into shops and know that the majority of size 14s fit me now. However it was then I realised that - no, it couldn't possibly be, surely - could it be a wee bit BIG?! So I tried a size 12 on, hoping no one would be laughing and thinking "she can't possibly be a size 12" - AND IT FIT PERFECTLY! I mean, it is an A-line type but it is SIZE 12 AND IT FITS ME!

Well, then I had carte blanche to go mad after that so I bought another skirt in a different colour, two more skirts (size 12) same style, different colour, two blouses (same style, different colour - size 14 cos I still have a bit of a rack, but that doesn't bother me) and a lovely green t-shirt (green is my favouritest colour)

When I got back to work they were like "oooh what have you bought?" so I showed them, and they all noticed the size 12 labels on the skirts (not that I displayed them prominently or anything) so made a huge fuss of me!

Emboldened by my success, I looked through the clothes rack in Tesco, and tried on a pair of size 14 boyfriend-type Jeans in a 14, and thanks to their slouchiness, they were a bit loose. I tried on a 12, and I got them on, fastened the zip....but I couldn't get the button to meet, so still a bit of work to go on that! I also bought a linen button up dress (gorgeous) and a pair of linen trousers (both size 14 as there were no 12s anyway and they fit me fine, and combined only cost £14)

My friend at work is a big camera fan, and whenever we have a night out, always brings her camera. I have swiped unflattering pictures of me from her, whenever she's brought them in, but she discovered two in her drawer that I had not managed to pilfer, and oh my word what a sight I used to be! So everyone was crowded around the photo looking from the photo to me, then back again, and saying "God, we can't believe you were that big - well, you can certainly see a difference now!", which was nice of them but I did feel a bit mortified by that photo.

Yo-Yo - I am so happy for you. I was sat reading your post with the biggest grin on my face sharing your excitement.

I went to the Next sale a few days ago and was trying on size 16 after size 16 - hardley able to believe that they all fit. (I haven't been a 16 in almost 10 years) it was the most incredible feeling. I will be in floods of tears and running around the changing rooms when I am in the 14's.

The best thing about this diet is that it won't be long until that happens !!!!

Congratulations again - you thoroughly deserve your success.
Laura

"Yo-Yo - I am so happy for you. I was sat reading your post with the biggest grin on my face sharing your excitement."

Me too. I even welled up a little!

You should definitely go back to Dorothy Perkins soon and give the 14s another go. You are just like me. My goal was always to be in size 10 next jeans as the sizing on them was always my problem. That way I knew that if I was a size 10 in next jeans then I was a size 10 anywhere. But your problem shop is Dorothy Perkins instead.

I got my wedding trousers back from the drycleaners yesterday and tried them on with my high heels. In my mind I looked like a supermodel. I was so so proud of myself. Long long slim slim legs, toned tiny arms and the tiniest waist ever. I never ever thought, not in my wildest dreams, that I'd ever be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for my wedding day. I could just cry and cry and cry with happiness.

By the way, I'm just about to add an old picture of me and hubby-to-be to my gallery. It's embedded with others on a Word document and I can't separate the pics so you'll have to bear with the other ones. Anyhoo, the clothes I'm wearing are the same ones I'll be wearing for my wedding (although the trousers have had an inch or more CUT OFF!!!!!). So you'll get an idea from them but of course I'll add more pics of the actual day when we get back from our hols.

Oooh replies! Thanks guys - I'll have to have a proper read later on, as I've left it late to come on here this morning and I need to do something else too!

Unofficial weight today 11st 7.8lbs!!

Food in the office yesterday (for the first time in ages) a big round tin of Quality Street, and a big tin of Licorice Allsorts. The gannets were off yesterday so there are still loads left! You can really tell who the porkers are (and I used to be included in that!)

Yo-Yo - I am so happy for you. I was sat reading your post with the biggest grin on my face sharing your excitement.

I went to the Next sale a few days ago and was trying on size 16 after size 16 - hardley able to believe that they all fit. (I haven't been a 16 in almost 10 years) it was the most incredible feeling. I will be in floods of tears and running around the changing rooms when I am in the 14's.

The best thing about this diet is that it won't be long until that happens !!!!

Congratulations again - you thoroughly deserve your success.
Laura

Oh thank you Laura, that was lovely! It sounds really silly but at the moment nothing can match the high of going into a shop, picking up a smaller size, and having it fit, and wearing clothes because you like them, rather than what covers you up and doesn't make you look big!

It's happened again today too! TJ Hughes, Levi's bootcut jeans, on a size 14 hanger, inside said 33" waist, but they were only £8 so I took them home and was expecting to have to return them, tried them on - perfect fit! No bulges or muffin top!! so pleased.

"Yo-Yo - I am so happy for you. I was sat reading your post with the biggest grin on my face sharing your excitement."

Me too. I even welled up a little!

You should definitely go back to Dorothy Perkins soon and give the 14s another go. You are just like me. My goal was always to be in size 10 next jeans as the sizing on them was always my problem. That way I knew that if I was a size 10 in next jeans then I was a size 10 anywhere. But your problem shop is Dorothy Perkins instead.

I got my wedding trousers back from the drycleaners yesterday and tried them on with my high heels. In my mind I looked like a supermodel. I was so so proud of myself. Long long slim slim legs, toned tiny arms and the tiniest waist ever. I never ever thought, not in my wildest dreams, that I'd ever be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for my wedding day. I could just cry and cry and cry with happiness.

By the way, I'm just about to add an old picture of me and hubby-to-be to my gallery. It's embedded with others on a Word document and I can't separate the pics so you'll have to bear with the other ones. Anyhoo, the clothes I'm wearing are the same ones I'll be wearing for my wedding (although the trousers have had an inch or more CUT OFF!!!!!). So you'll get an idea from them but of course I'll add more pics of the actual day when we get back from our hols.

I'm going to leave it a few weeks before I try anymore trousers on in my nemesis, Dorothy Perkins' BUT the good thing is that it's made me realise how inaccurate shops sizes are, and that if I can't fit into one in a certain shop, I shouldn't hate myself (like I used to previously)

Where is 'your gallery' where can I find it? I'd love to see the photos! I can't wait to see the wedding pic, can't believe big day is here!!!!

The gallery's just under my name, sort of.
Look to the left of this post: it says 6stlost, then it has my fat/thin photo underneath, then under that it says gallery. Click on that then you can click on the photos to enlarge them. x

Ah-ha! I found it JD! Wow, they are lovely trousers! I can't wait to see the wedding photos! Have a wonderful, wonderful day wont you!

Unofficial weigh-in this morning was 11st 7.6lbs, so not a vast difference from yesterday. Still, it's coming off fast, can't complain. I also had just short of 6 litres of water yesterday. I'm off work next week so will have to make more of an effort with the water drinking. I don't have anything planned for next week, not like the last holiday where I was rushing about all the time.

My husband said to me this morning "I can really tell you have lost weight off your bum now"! Cool.

I had my size 12 skirt on yesterday at work (well, one of them LOL) and it felt really good knowing that it was a lovely, small, normal size!

I had told my ESMIL about it, and she said it's strange how we all differ isn't it? She's 1" taller than me, 20lbs lighter than me, yet she reckons she wouldn't fit into a size 12 skirt yet (I think she would but she says not).

I've got some photos on my gallery too, and I can't stop looking at my face! I can really tell how much weight I have lost on my face, other people have been telling me, but I couldn't see it and now I can!

11st 7.2lbs today. Day 47! Nearly half-way there.

Day 47!

Today's weigh in was 11st 6.8lbs, so a new pound bracket.

Do you know, I feel terrific. I honestly do, I am so proud of myself and think that I look really good now, and I can't stop staring at myself in shop windows and catching my reflection.

I don't dare say these things out to people in real life in case they think I am being bigheaded, and I am also wary of pride coming before a fall too, but I have spent years berating and, yes LOATHING, myself for having no willpower or self-respect to stop the weight from going on yet for the past seven weeks I have shown myself that I DO have willpower, and I do want to love myself, and underneath this blubber there is a great and dare I say it - sexy - figure just waiting to get out.

I never really bothered about my weight until November 1998 and I suddenly felt that I was fat (although I know now, that all I was was a little flabby at 11st 5lbs, and just needed to cut down a bit). That triggered off almost nine years of constant yo-yo-dieting which culminated in me being 2.5st heavier than I was when I started. I've not liked myself since then for being so weak willed and easily controlled by food.

Now, I know that I CAN stick to a diet, and that I CAN control food, and these voices in my head can go to hell because my adult ego will win through.

The reason for this sudden burst of happiness is that I have been clothes shopping (AGAIN) I love it, and guess who has bought a pair of size 12 jeans that fit? Yes me. Guess who has bought a lot of size 12 tops? Yes me. Guess who know has 7 pairs of size 12 knickers? Yes, me! Guess who has graduated from the medium/large belt to small/medium? Yes me. I could now get rid of all the size 14s in my wardrobe and be a size 12 if I wanted to (as long as I was organised and kept up to date with my washing and wore skirts on my days off LOL). I can't believe these tiny sizes are fitting me!!! (crooked thinking has just come to the fore saying: "Yes, but I bet Matalan are really generous sizes to make fat people think they are thin so they'll spend more" - Bog off voice.

I can never remember being any less than a size 14. I'm sure that I must have been, but I had no idea how much I weighed until that fateful day in November 1998 and I haven't had a week off the scales since then.

To me a size 14 is normal. A size 12 has now proved to be achievable. A size 10 is just unimaginable, as is an 8. If I can be a 12/14 at 11st 7lbs, I could be a 10/12 at 10st. Could I be a size 8/10 one day?

Why is it that my ex-mum in law, is still a size 14 when she's 1st 6lbs lighter than me, and we're the same height? I don't understand it and neither does she.

I've also made a decision that I am going to be vegatarian when I start eating again. This was something I had been thinking about when I used to eat but of course I didn't have the willpower, but now I know that "I cant" becomes "I could if I wanted to" and I do want to!

I want to eat healthy, I want to eat wholemeal bread, and low fat, and lots of vegetables and fruit, and drink lots of water.

I went to see the practice nurse today for an asthma check who weighed me and measured me, and she looked twice at the previous reading on the computer and said "Goodness, you have lost 10kgs (22lbs) since you were last weighed in November", and was very impressed!! Mind you, my peak flow is only 75% of the lung function it should be, so I really want to start going back to the gym and trying to get fit, and I need to tone up too, otherwise I will be a flabby thin person.

Thanks for listening! I feel a bit daft now.

For goodness sake - please don't feel daft.
Sing it from the rooftops.
It is your achievement and you have every right to be proud of yourself!
It is a very "British" thing to do to be ashamed of your pride in yourself and I for one think it is just plain wrong. You have worked hard to get where you are and therefore you deserve to be proud of yourself.
You go girl!
Laura

Got another pair of size 12, white linen pants to add to my ever growing size 12 collection! Must stop now though as I hope, by the end of my 14 weeks, to be a size 10!

Weight today 11st 6.2lbs. It would be ace to be under 11st by the end of August! I can remember wishing to be under 12st by the end of July! This diet rocks!

Back