Yo-Yo's Diary

Weight today: 11st 13lbs. Feeling really fed up now. I've been to the gym and done cardio three times, had three days where I have done 10k+ steps, and had 1 body pump session only to find I am one pound heavier than I was this time last week. Is all this hard work bloody worth it?

Exercise yesterday: First Body Pump Class in about a year - I'm not as sore as I thought I was going to be. I did enjoy it, did feel like I really worked out, and have booked in for Wednesday evening's class.

Steps yesterday: 10,047 in total. 3,593 aerobic steps (34 minutes) which was my walk at lunchtime up to Boots and back (1.1 mile - so it must have counted my steps when I was in the shop, usually if you stop, the pedometer stops the aerobic steps). I also made the effort to be more active at work, getting up to the shredder with one piece of paper instead of waiting til I'd built up a pile, actually walking to the printer to get my printing rather than bellowing at the next passing person to pass me it etc..

I think I will have to start replacing my evening meal with a shake. I know I have been saying this for ages but I don't seem to be losing the weight no matter what I do, and I'm soon gonna get bored of doing this exercise if I don't reap any rewards.

Weight today 11st 11.6lbs, so much better than yesterday. Also decided to start tracking what I eat again because I just can't trust myself not to over-eat but I'm really gonna try my hardest to keep it low fat and healthy and I actually achieved that yesterday!

Total steps for Tuesday: 12,079 including 5,268 aerobic steps (48 minutes)

Walked to the bank at lunchtime and back (1.05 mile), and walked DS1 up to his hockey practice then I walked back home (0.9m), and the rest were just pottering about steps.

Still aching from Body Pump on Monday, and I'm booked in tonight! I think I might have to reduce my weights, I don't want to cancel as I can't go again until Monday.

Good day food wise. Stayed under at 1100-and-odd (am allowing myself 1400).

Weight today 11st 11.4lbs, which is what it was a week ago - so I blooming well hope that by tomorrow I have lost something on last weeks.

Steps yesterday: Not such a cracking day for me. 7,455 in total, including 2,934 aerobic steps (27 minute - 0.88 miles). I also did a Body Pump class too and have booked in for next Monday and Wednesday. I don't ache as much today either.

YESSSSS - weigh in day, and a success! 11st 10.8lbs which is 1lb down on last Friday (would have been nice if it had been more, because I had put on 2.8lbs last week so I haven't lost that, but I'm not complaining) I've been enjoying the extra walking, and new exercise I've been doing and I am sure my thighs are feeling firmer, I might be imagining it, but it's how I feel!

Steps yesterday - My best day yet! Total steps 15,201 (aerobic steps 8,578 - 75 minutes)!

Admittedly most of my steps came from the 50-minute workout I did in the gym. I've downloaded a treadmill program from i-train which is 20 minutes long, so I did that and really enjoyed it. I then did 10 minutes on the cross trainer, 5 minutes on the recumbent bike, and a further 15 minutes on the treadmill.

DH is working this weekend, so it's highly unlikely that I will get to the gym this weekend, never mind an actual walk outside and I feel quite disappointed!

11st 10.4lbs today - it's going down! It was this time last week when I was really depressed because I'd woken up and weighed 11st 13lbs, and look at the difference a week makes! (might make Saturday my new weigh in day!! Saying I lost 2.6lbs in a week, makes me feel better than yesterday's 1lb LOL.

I'm still doing really well keeping my diet low fat - I'm not saying I'm being successful at keeping my calories below the limit, but I'm not too fussed as I am doing so much more exercise! I did a total of 13,226 steps including 6,735 aerobic steps.

At the end of the first week I was aiming for 70,000 and I achieved 79757 which is an average of 11,393 per day with an average of 5,798 being aerobic steps. I'm very pleased!

And in a week (since last Saturday, which was when I started exercising properly) I have done 2 x 50 minute cardio sessions, and 2 x Body Pump Sessions, and an average of 51 minutes per day of aerobic walking (average of 112 steps per minute). I'm actually enjoying the exercise, and it's taking my mind off being obsessed with calorie counting, and hating myself because I have gone over them.

By the way, if anyone is reading this, and would like to try a free download from i-train, if you type in "1freetry" in the promotional offers section, you get a download for free, and they are worth about £5!

Bleurk. No weigh in today. Ate own bodyweight in dips and houmous last night so probably weigh about ten stone heavier than I did yesterday. Had equivalent of bottle of wine so I feel all bleurk and bleurkier today. Don't know if I have strength to go out walking today. BUT I don't feel like eating either!

Back