Yo-Yo's Diary

Weight this morning - 11st 10.2lbs - getting fed up now, had hoped to start waking up in the morning being in the 11st 9's. It just seems that even though my calorie allowance is set to 1lb per week loss, that it's obviously too much, and this allowance is what I need to maintain a weight. I'm gonna give it another month and review matters, I think. Perhaps I should give up one of my meals and sub it for a shake?

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix with milk and Golden syrup

Lunch: Tin of Heinz Mexican Beans

Afternoon: Pkt Cheese & Onion Walkers.

Dinner: Porl, Mash, Veg, Yorkshire Pud & Gravy

Evening: 2 mini garlic bread biscuity things, 2 tiny chocolate bars called magical elves.

Total: 1404
Under: 56.8
F&V: 4.8
Fibre: 25.1

Carb: 49.5
Protein: 19.5
Fat: 30.9

I think looking at my stats my fat level is too high, so I'm gonna try and cut that down to under 30% for starters.

Exercise: Not much, 15 minutes walking and a distance of 0.8m (very pitiful) but now I am back at work, I am concentrating on getting the overtime in while it is available, so not much time for exercise.

Weight this morning - 11st 10.2lbs - getting fed up now, had hoped to start waking up in the morning being in the 11st 9's. It just seems that even though my calorie allowance is set to 1lb per week loss, that it's obviously too much, and this allowance is what I need to maintain a weight. I'm gonna give it another month and review matters, I think. Perhaps I should give up one of my meals and sub it for a shake?

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix with milk and Golden syrup

Lunch: Tin of Heinz Mexican Beans

Afternoon: Pkt Cheese & Onion Walkers.

Dinner: Porl, Mash, Veg, Yorkshire Pud & Gravy

Evening: 2 mini garlic bread biscuity things, 2 tiny chocolate bars called magical elves.

Total: 1404
Under: 56.8
F&V: 4.8

Carb: 49.5
Protein: 19.5
Fat: 30.9

I think looking at my stats my fat level is too high, so I'm gonna try and cut that down to under 30% for starters.

Exercise: Not much, 15 minutes walking and a distance of 0.8m (very pitiful) but now I am back at work, I am concentrating on getting the overtime in while it is available, so not much time for exercise.

I'd recommend the tesco ultra-thin shakes then if I was you. If you are eating meals during the day I think it may be possibly best to have the shake at breakfast, but I guess that would be your call as you know your body.

I find the chocolate one more filling than the strawberry for some reason. Matter over mind I think as chocolate is usually views as more filling than strawberries in the first place!

Daft Question, but whereabouts in Tesco would I find them? (I do, do my shopping at Tesco). I do have plenty of LL shakes left, and also they have a fairly limited shelf life, so I either use them or lose them...

My place has just gotten a tesco extra so I'm referring that but it is, in mine anyway, in an aisle opposite the pain killers. Near the pharmacy.

Am not happy. Weight this morning 11st 10.4lbs. I know they say that you shouldn't weigh yourself every day, and that you should only weigh yourself once a week at that same time of day - well, in today's case - a week ago today at the same time I was 11st 10.2lbs, so I have gained 0.2lbs. Okay, I know it is only 0.2lbs and no one can see that on my body, but I know it! I've averaged 1527 calories per day, which is 500 per day less than the maintainace figure, yet instead of losing 1lb, I have gained 0.2lbs. Oh well onwards, I might find tomorrow that I've lost three stone overnight.......

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix, milk, squirt of golden syrup.

Mid-Morning: 1 tiny profiterole.

lunch: Baxters Spicy Parsnip soup, wholemeal roll.

Dinner: Turkey, mash, veg, gravy, veg, Yorkshires

Afternoon: POt of sugar free jelly

Late Afternoon: Toasted muffin

Oops: Coco-Pops Cereal bar, 5 Quality Streets. (Damn Mother-in-law sent them over when DH went to visit).

Total: 1672.9
Under: 22
F&V: 4.5
Fibre: 26.4

Carbs: 49%
Protein: 17.9%
Fat: 32.9%

Exercise: 0.8m walk, 17 minutes.

Stats for week

Carbs: 47.2% (target 55%)
Protein: 17.1% (target 15%)
Fat: 35.6% (target 30%)
Avg Daily Cal: 1527

Aim for next week
1. Try to average 1.5m per day walking.
2. Try to keep fat contend down to 30% and see if that makes a difference.

Puggso - yes, we do have a Tesco Extra so I will have a look.

Think I have more or less made up my mind that I will replace my evening meals with shakes next week, and just have a breakfast, lunch, and a small late afternoon snack (like toast or something) and try stick to 1000 cals per day with the shake.

I'm a bit late updating today as I have been working

Weight today: 11st 8.6lbs (hooray!!!). I weighed in very early today too, so I hope it's not a blip on the scales and discover I'm a pound heavier tomorrow!

Very early: 3 x Quality Street as I was so peed off at yesterday's weight!

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix, Milk, squirt of golden syrup

Lunch: Jacket potato, tuna & Mayonnaise, with a side salad, and a diet coke

Late afternoon: Wholemeal muffin & spread

Dinner: LL Shake.

Total: 1149.9
Under Quota: 18.3
F&V: 0.0
Fibre: 12.8

Carbs: 44.7%
Protein: 19%
Fat: 36.3%

Exercise: Nothing apart from a half mile walk to the pub and back at lunchtime, where I went for a healthy jacket potato & salad, and a diet coke. I was very pleased with my choice. I was out with an ex-colleague who has been doing Rosemary Conley and has nearly lost two stone - she looks great, so I'm all spurred on again.

I'm joining the gym again on Monday. My eldest lad has joined their Fit-Kids scheme (£10 a month) so we're going to go together, I'm limited to between 4-6:30pm, but I should be able to get there for 5:30pm and do an hour with him twice a week - he had his induction today and he's so much fitter than me (age 11). I'm doing level 1 and level 2 on everything, whilst he's on chuffing level 5 and 6!!!

1000 mile challenge - 11.38m gone after 8 days - a bit petty but hopefully now I am joining a gym I should be racking it up.

Weight Today 11st 8.6lbs.

Can't update what I ate yesterday because the WLR website is down YET AGAIN! This is getting beyond a bloody joke now, and it's very frustrating - especially when it is a site that I pay to use!

Anyway I went over my calories (bad, very bad)

It's back up again - halleluja!

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix, s/s milk, squirt of golden syrup.

lunch: Wholemeal pitta filled with salad & turkey breast.

After lunch: Bought DS2 a chocolate eclair but he didn't like it, and I could bear to see it go to waste so I ate it. Whoops.

Later: Boredom struck, and I had 3 x Quality Streets, then a hobnob and a penguin.

Dinner: Tesco Vegetable curry & bombay potatoes (then at this stage I felt like having a blow out) I added 3 x pieces of mini chinese selection things, and some of DH's rice.

In my food diary is also a toasted muffin. I don;t recall eating that but I must have done or it wouldn't be in there.

Total: 1913.7 (total cals for maintainace should be 1871 so I was 42 over)
F&V: 4.2

Carbs: 46.9%
Protein: 13.2%
Fat: 39.9% (eeeek)

Exercise: A walk to the shop and back (0.36m)

Am really looking forward to joining the gym again tomorrow. Tried some size 12 jeans on in Next and they were too tight, so I reckon if I can get down to 11st they will fit again.

Weight this morning: 11st 10lbs - damn bodily fluid fluctuations!!!

Yesterday's food

Breakfast: 2 x slices of toast (on milk roll)

Lunch: Tesco egg and new potato salad with 100g turkey breast, a wholemeal pitta and salad cream.

Dinner: Butter Basted Turkey Joint with mashed potatoes, veg, gravy & Yorkshire Puddings

Snacks: 1 x Snickers flapjack, 3 x mini garlic bready things

Total: 1450
Under quota for maintainance: 421
F&V: 4.1
Fibre: 13.9

Carbs: 32.1
Protein: 22.8
Fat: 45.1

Exercise: 0.78m walking - from the car to where DS was playing footie

I'm deffo gonna attempt to eat less fat! I've also made another decision, to stop worrying about sticking to a set amount of calories, and just to concentrate on eating less than the 1871 I am allowed for maintainance, and try and increase my activity levels,

Are you sure weighing yourself every single day is the best way to go about it? I check myself a couple of times during the week to make sure I am still going in the right direction, and if not then working that little bit harder. But I feel being as constant as you are could lead to a feeling of "all this effort for nothing" arising.

I'm not telling you what to do, just think it may be worth considering :)

I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day but I can't help myself!! I'm addicted to the scales. I don't really take what they say seriously, It's the Friday readings that count (although I might change it to a weekend weigh). I wish I had weighed myself every day after finishing Lighter Life, and I might not be a stone heavier!

Weight Today: 11st 9.6lbs

Breakfast: Weetabix, S/S Milk, Golden Syrup

Lunch: Half a tin of baked beans and sausages in a wholemeal pitta, followed by half a tin of pineapple rings in juice, with a fruit smoothie from the Zumo stand (yum).

Dinner: Turkey breast & cheese panini (made by myself)

Snacks: 3 x Snacky garlic bread things, 1 x Quality Street, some Turkey Breast slices to nibble on, Snickers flapjack.

Total: 1511.4
Under for maintainance 360
F&V: 9.5
Fibre: 26

Carbs: 57.2%
Protein: 16.9%
Fat: 25.9% (Yessss success)

Exercise: Usual lunchtime walk into town, and went to the gym in the evening and did a total of 32.5 minutes on the cardio equipment and a total of 3.575 miles.

Fair enough, at the end of the day I guess it is about finding what works for you.

Weight today: 11st 9.6lbs (yesss)

Breakfast: Weetabix, S/S Milk, Golden Syrup

Lunch: Baxters Spicy Tomato & Rice with Sweetcorn Soup, 2 x slices of milk roll with spread. 1/2 tin of pineapple slices in juice. Fruit smoothie from the Zumo stand.

After work: 2 x slices of toasted milk roll with spread, 3 x pieces of mini garlic bread,

Dinner: Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Veg, Yorkshire Pudding, Gravy

Total: 1521.5
Under quota for maintainance: 427.1
F&V: 10.3
Fibre: 19.1

Carbs: 61.7%
Protein: 15.8%
Fat: 22.5% (yessss!!!)

Exercise: Just a 0.8m walk up to New Look and back to work.

1000 mile challenge: 16.895m in 11 days (not great but there's still 11 months left yet)

Weight today: 11st 9lbs exactly - YESSSS!!!!

Breakfast: Weetabix, S/S Milk, Syrup

At work: 2 x After 8 Mints

Lunch: Turkey Breast, Salad, Salad cream followed by a tin of peaches in juice.

After work: 5 Pieces of those mini garlic breads. Half a pack of "You Are what You Eat" Fruit & Nut mix.

Dinner: Home-made Corned Beef Hash

Total: 1358
Under Quota for Maintainance: 518
F&V: 4.9
Fibre: 17

Carbs: 56%
Protein: 20.1%
Fat: 23.8%

Exercise: A rotten day so I didn't go out, just went to the shop (0.36m)

your last 4 days diet are looking fab yo-yo.

I'm trying to concentrate more on fat than calories, and it seems to be working - I feel like I am eating more than enough yet my calories are much lower! *LIGHTBULB***

Official Friday weigh-in today, and I'm 11st 9lbs exactly, so that's 1.4lbs off since last week, and 3.8lbs in three weeks. I'm right on target, and hope to be somewhere in the 11st 8's next week as I said I would like to lose 1lb a week. I could probably do it quicker, but I don't want to eat less at the moment LOL.

Breakfast: Weetabix, S/S Milk, Golden Syrup. Cup of Options white chocolate.

Lunch: Salad, 1 x tin of Wild Alaska Pink Salmon, Salad Cream followed by a small tin of fruit cocktail in juice.

Afternoon: half a packet of "you are what you eat" Fruit & Nut mix.

After work: 1 x shortbread finger, 3 x pieces of mini garlic bread (all gone now),

Before Dinner: 1 x Shortbread finger

Dinner: 2 Pitta's filled with turkey breast

Total: 1315
Under Quota for Maintainance: 558
F&V: 3.5
Fibre: 14.7

Carbs: 46.8%
Protein: 28.5%
Fat: 24.8%

Also went to the gym and did the 32.5 minutes on the cardio machine. I will start increasing the times slowly soon.

Back