Yo-Yo's Diary

Mad with myself from yesterday.

Weight today 11st 10.4lbs.

Had a biscuit binge yesterday. I didn't sit there shovelling in biscuit after biscuit but they had them at work, so between 6:30am (when they were bought in) and finishing at 4pm, I had about 8. Everytime I stood up and walked past the table where they were, I'd pick one up. They were chocolate hob-nobs.

Then we had a meeting and there were some small, cakes sliced into squares and I had three of those too (boredom eating). Then in the evening I went to the shop and thought "well I've blown it!" - so bought a chunky kit-kat

I've had to estimate a lot of things from yesterday:

Total: 2579.3
Over maintainance quota: 706.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fibre: 30.5
F&V:2.8

Carbs: 53.3
Protein: 13.2
Fat: 33.6

Exercise: Diddly Squat!!!!

Must try harder today. I find that I am quite bad at weekends though....

Weight today: 11st 10.2lbs.

I was fine right up to about 7pm, then just went mad and had a few biscuits etc.., and today I've been even worse. I can't remember what I have eaten. I want to try and get back on track tomorrow, I even keep thinking to myself another couple of weeks of lighter life to get rid of this annoying 11lbs!

Weight yesterday: 11st 11.4lbs
Weight today 11st 12lbs.

I've had enough! Tomorrow, I start sole sourcing again. I'd have started again today but I have to go out for a leaving lunch (Pizza Hut buffet, so I might have well have one blow out today). I know it's not fat I am gaining, only water because although I am eating over the allotted calories for maintainance, I'm not going crazy - but I still don't like what the scales are telling me.

DH is stopping smoking today, he has patches ready to stick on, so the milkshakes are going to be my form of patches. I've decided I want to get down to 10st 7lbs, again so that's 19lbs to go. Hopefully I will have lost that in 4-5 weeks.

I'm really gonna try and get through the first 72 hours and then I know it's a breeze after that.

Or should I just have a good breakfast, a good lunch and no evening meal...it tends to be at home when I lose control, I'm fine at work....

I'm not sure if I have the willpower to starve myself again, but I know it will work for the fastest results. To lose 19lbs could take me 6 months of ordinary dieting, yet I could have that off in five weeks with SS....oh decisions, decisions....

Weight today. 11st 11.6lbs, so that is a wee bit down on yesterday. I've decided to review the situation on 2nd February, so that's....17 days away, and if I'm not down to 11st 8lbs by then - and 3.5lbs should be very doable in two weeks, I'll start LL again. In the meantime I'm gonna stick to 1100 calories, and replace a meal (probably evening) with a shake.

Went to the gym last night, and upped my workout from 32.5 minutes to 40.5

Weight today 11st 11.4lbs, so 0.2 down on yesterday

total 1411
F&V: 7.1
Fibre: 17.2

Carbs: 55.1
Protein: 18.1
Fat; 26.9

Weight today 11st 11.8lbs. I'm so depressed I want to cry. Friday is official weigh in day too, so since last week that is 2.8lbs on. The past three days have been really good too, and I have tried really hard, and been to the gym twice. Is it really worth it? Is this 'cutting down' mallarkey really going to work? I don't want to have to resort to Lighter Life and starving myself again, but I think it's the only thing that is going to work. I started this diet on 21st December, and now a month later I have lost the grand sum of a pound. I just feel like packing it all in, I'm so fed up. I'm visibly fatter than I was, even my husband has commented on it, and normally he never bothers. No one else has said anything to me, but I just know they are all laughing at my downfall. I was so proud of the weight I lost on LL, and have spent almost £1000 and what a waste of money a third of that has been!

dont be so hard on yourself yoyo. - so youve gained a bit of weight, but you are still a lot lighter than when you started this journey. Im sure no one is "laughing at your downfall"

Dont take this as a criticism, but I feel you are probably trying to do too much, counting calories, carbs, protein, fat, exercise steps, occasionally having an ll shake, going to the gym yada yada. Maybe if you just eased up on yourself a bit it might fall into place. I know that when Im on "a diet" all i ever think about is food and exercise, and by not dieting I somehow seem to eat less if that makes sense.

dont be so hard on yourself yoyo. - so youve gained a bit of weight, but you are still a lot lighter than when you started this journey. Im sure no one is "laughing at your downfall"

Dont take this as a criticism, but I feel you are probably trying to do too much, counting calories, carbs, protein, fat, exercise steps, occasionally having an ll shake, going to the gym yada yada. Maybe if you just eased up on yourself a bit it might fall into place. I know that when Im on "a diet" all i ever think about is food and exercise, and by not dieting I somehow seem to eat less if that makes sense.

You speak loads of sense WL8!

Weight today 11st 13lbs. It was 12st but I refused to believe it so left it a few minutes. I really don't know what to do, as you said, maybe if I "eased up" I might do better, but I'm scared of losing control if I stop counting calories.

My heart knows that LL is the fastest way to lose the weight, but my head knows it's not the most sensible, and I wont learn any lessons from it.

My head knows healthy eating and exercise with the occasional treat/splurge is the most sensible way to lose it, but my heart can't be bothered to spend the five months or so it will probably take to do that!

So, as Boots say "Change One Thing" and as I am dangerously underactive, when I don't actively exercise, I am going to concentrate on exercise and see what happens. Hopefully subconsciously I will think "why spoil all the hard work of exercise by eating rubbish"

Okay - concentrating on exercise for a week.

Day 1. As I haven't had a day off in ages, I had to concentrate on some house-work today. I clipped my pedometer on for the first time in donkey's years too, and clocked up a whopping 10,596 steps including 6,490 aerobic steps (totalling 58 minutes)

The aerobic steps came in three bursts.
1. Home to DS1's football training session, then back home. (0.68m)
2. Home to DS1's football training session, then a walk to Woolworths (1.16m)
3. Woolworth's to home again. (0.71m)

And the rest, as I said, were just done from pottering around the house.

I think I might be off to the gym with DS1 tomorrow because his football game is cancelled.

Feeling a bit happier today, weight this morning 11st 11.4lbs, which is MUCHO better than yesterday! I hope this exercise mallarkey works!

Had a really good work-out at the gym. I've upped it to 50 minutes now!!

Treadmill - 10 minutes, 3.5mph, L5
Rower - 3 minutes, L1
Hand Bike - 3 minutes, L1,
Hand Bike - 3 minutes, L1
Stepper - 5 minutes, L2
Cross Trainer - 6 minutes, L2
Recumbent Bike - 5 minutes, L2
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes, L2
Treadmill - 10 minutes, 3.5mph, L6 reduced to L0, 3mph for last minute.

Works out at approximately 294 calories.

Knowing I need to get some resistance exercise in, I have booked in for tomorrow's body pump session (eek) haven't been in about a year. I was "lucky" to get in, the list was full but they had a cancellation so I nabbed it.

Weight today: 11st 12.6lbs (weighing in three hours earlier than I did yesterday am sure that had something to do with it. 0.8lb up on Friday so I'm a bit gutted again but hey ho, it's a long term thing not a race. That's where I have made mistakes before.

Read another post about Cambridge Diet packs and what happens when they go out of date. I have loads of LL packs which are due to go out of date in 3-6 months....it would be a shame to waste them, but I'm not sure if I can face doing them again.....

Steps yesterday: 11,153 steps, of which 6,990 of those were aerobic steps (60 minutes)

I did a walk to Morrisons, then back home 1.57m (33 minutes) - which is something I wouldn't normally do as I'd go in the car, but a lot of the other steps will have been gym steps.

Today will be a test because I'm obviously back at work and am desk bound apart from a walk to the loo a couple of times, so finding ways to do extra steps will be a challenge.

Your attention to detail never ceases to amaze me! :)

Back