yoga? pilates?....have you every done/tried this before?

skinny*minx*wannabe

S: 13st3.5lb C: 12st02lb G: 10st03lb BMI: 29.2 Loss: 1st1.5lb(8.36%)
ive been thinking of going the local centre to do yoga.

I go through patched of trapped nerves and a stiff neck and thought yoga would be good to lengthen myself and relax after work

Has anyone had a go?
what did you think of it?

Has anyone tried pilates?

opinions please

xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

beckimorton

Banned
S: 15st1lb C: 15st1lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I used to do pilates classes and you really really feel it in your tummy area. Was meant to be going back yesterday but the snow put a stop to that - will have to dig out the workout dvd's. I have a Yogalates one which combines the best of the two :)

Esme

Gin and tonic please!
S: 17st12lb C: 15st12lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 2st0lb(11.2%)
I used to do a yoga video to try and aid my dodgy back and it really helped with that. Now if I get the odd twinge or pull it there are a few 'moves' I can do to ease it, which are very useful!

beccy_bebe

S: 11st7lb C: 10st3lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 1st4lb(11.18%)
I was planning on starting pilates this week but it got snowed off...i'd be curious to know what has it helped with - have you found it's toned you up / better than / good as weights...are you shrinking?!

beckimorton

Banned
S: 15st1lb C: 15st1lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
When I used to go to Pilates once a week I definitely felt my legs and stomach toning up. I also used to suffer from back pain and that all disappeared when I kept up with it regularly!! Think the general thing is you won't necessarily lose weight but it will help with toning and shaping your body. I tried Yoga once but didn't have the balance to keep the positions hehe!!

skinny*minx*wannabe

S: 13st3.5lb C: 12st02lb G: 10st03lb BMI: 29.2 Loss: 1st1.5lb(8.36%)
awww thanks guys

im hopfully going next week to my first class

xxx