You are a success because you are still here

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cocktailprincess, 19 January 2011 Social URL.

1. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Hi gang

I have recently started running and found this amazing quote that I think also works perfectly for losing weight. It is amazing and makes my heart soar when I read it, so wanted to share- we are amazing because we are all still here, battling away

“When you stand on the Start Line, you join the club. When you stand at the Starting Line you earn your membership. Millions dream of being where you are. You are no longer a dreamer. You are a doer.

Thousands more started a training programme but never finished. They started with the same enthusiasm as (or more than) you. They started with more or less the same physical gifts or disadvantages as you did. They had no more and no less reason to be successful than you.

But somewhere along the way, they lost that enthusiasm. Somewhere on the road or on the track or treadmill, they decided that the rewards just weren't worth the effort. They decided that they could live without finding their limits, without challenging their expectations of themselves and without taking a hard look at their image of themselves.

You didn't. If you’re standing at the Start Line, you've not only accepted the challenge, but you've also beaten back the demons. You've conquered your imagination and self-imposed limitations. You've gone further, got stronger and become tougher than you ever imagined."

funcurls and jaylou like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

love it :)

4. Bubbles1984

Bubbles1984 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Love that, i may print it out and stick it on my fridge! And on my wii fit lol xxx

5. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Brilliant quote CP. Very inspirational.

6. MancBird

MancBird Always comes back to MMs!

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You are no longer a dreamer. You are a doer.

That's ME!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

7. buzzybritches

buzzybritches Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Love this! My names Bee and i'm a DOER!

Bee x

8. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Emotive post that I need at the moment as am feeling a bit frustrated Thanks CP!

9. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Claire!! That really is a powerful quote and has really got me thinking!! Today I was doing my Davina Body Buff DVD and finding it incredibly hard, but knew that to persevere was the only way to challenge myself and knew that by keeping going one of these days I'm going to see results! When I beat myself up (like I did this week gaining 4lb) I'm going to think about that very quote and be proud that I'm still here with the determination to see it through to target and beyond!! I've already accepted that there will be many times in my life where I slip up (deliberately or accidentally), over indulge and as a result gain a little weight but that's no reason to give up on this new lifestyle! It just means that I will have to put in a little extra effort to put it right! X

jaylou likes this.
  10. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

Isn't being a "doer" sooo much better for the confidense than being a dreamer!? I feel so much happier since I started because I'm being proactive and doing something about my situation rather than wallowing in pity and putting it off.

Great quote, will print it off myself and stick it on the fridge next to my "You don't REALLY want to" signs, lol

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

This is a great post CP. Thank you so much for posting this.
    I'm struggling along at the moment, it's a long old slog this weight loss/maintenance business, but so worth the effort.
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.