Your Fav Dinner

Caloriefree

So whats your fav 500cal dinner while your on slim fast?

I enjoy a turkey burger with sweet potato fries!

I love grilled chaicken, sprinkled with spicey herbs with a nice salad :) Stir fry is also great too!!

My fav would have to be either chicken or prawn stirfry YUMMY!! or Chicken with loads of Veg or Salad .. YUMMY!! Making me hungry!! :):)

Tonight I am having chicken with mixed veg .. :)

Anyone got any different ideas??

C xx

I eat lunch instead of dinner, but for instance yesterday for lunch I marinated some shrimp in garlic&lemon, fried it up and mixed in spaghetti and topped it with a little bit of parmesan. Sooo nice..and a salad with that. Today I had a croque monsieur with a salad, sometimes I have a burger with salad...I also loooove quesadillas with chicken, onions&peppers and some cheese...I am not too strict with the calories for the meal as I cut out the evening snack anyway, this seems to work better for me..

Yum Thanks guys some good ideas there!!

I always forget about baked potatoes I think because I did the celebrity slim diet for a while as you are not allowed high carb foods!!

How much calories would a baked potato have??

I have no idea about calories find it quite hard I know most things have the calories on it so you can work it out haha!!

xx

i gota join the chicken stir-fry team too lol .. i buy the ready made chicken chow mein and egg fried rice and add extra chicken to it :) or if i'm at college i have an individual philidelphia cheese portion, 3 wholemeal krisprolls , tomato, yogurt, banana and a packet of french fries :)

sweet potato baked with skin and saltless
90 cals
20 carbs

- i dont like the skin grossy!

And a baked potato in skin saltless is
93 cals
carbs 21

I've only been doing slimfast for 10 days so have been experimenting with the evening meals ! my fave so far has been tortilla wraps stuffed with spicy minced turkey, crispy salad, spring onions and a teeny bit of low fat sour cream. I'd welcome more recipe suggestions too.

Hi

Just a quicky!!

Do you think this sounds suitable for a meal and how much calories would this be roughly??

Baked Potato with beans
Salad and small spoonfull of reduced fat coleslaw!

What kind of beans? And what is there dressing on the salad? If so what kind?

You may want to weigh the potato just to be on the safe side as they can be deceptive!!

Some of my fave meals...

Cous Cous with hard boiled egg and salad
Sausage (tesco light choices) with homemade potato wedges and veg
Quorn (covered in herbs) with potato and veg
Salmon steak, new potatos and veg

And for pudding either jelly (8 cal a serving!) or choc ice (about 125 cals)

Baked beans no salt added 105 cals
Plain baked potato 90cals
50cals for plain salad
Coleslaw 120cals
= 365 cals "Roughly"
I would add a small amount of protein maybe one of these
A small Chicken breast around 120cals
Small very lean piece of steak 130cals
Can of tuna 100cals
Or add any serving of fresh or frozen veggie and or fruit

i had the slim fast recipie of creamy italian Pasta... but i had wholemeal spaghetti instead of the linguine.. VERY YUMMY!!! and didnt use the veg fat just the low cal spray.
here is the recipie if anyone wants it.

Italian Creamy Pasta

italian.gif

Serves: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes

ingredients.gif

• 85g (3oz) broccoli
  • 115g (4oz) mange tout or snow peas
  • 1 courgette, sliced
  • 25g (1oz) vegetable fat spread
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
  • 115g (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
  • 4-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
  • 225g (8oz) linguini or tagliatelle
  • 40g (1½ oz) Cheddar, grated
  • 75ml (3fl oz) single cream
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped

instructions.gif

1_img.gif

Blanch broccoli, mangetout and courgette for 1-2 minutes. Drain. Heat the spread in frying pan and sauté garlic and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and parsley.

2_img.gif

Cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.

3_img.gif

Cook linguine in boiling salted water until just tender (al dente). Drain and mix with the vegetables, Cheddar and cream. Heat gently and serve with salad and garnish with fresh basil.

Energy (kcals)394Protein(g)29.6Carbohydrates (g)31.4Sugars (g)4.0Fat (g)17.4Saturates (g)7.2Fibre (g)3.0Sodium (g)453.76Salt (g)1.13

Back