Your favourite jeans?

AliGal

Eating meat
Last time I shed weight, I really enjoyed buying one brand of jeans and slimming down through the sizes. So I'm looking for recommendations for your favourite low price high waisted jean, preferable starting at size 22/24 - amazon, ebay, or supermarket?

I used to buy from Asda or eBay..both good because they were cheap, high waisted and gave me incentive to loose some more weight so I could buy a smaller size without much outlay. 😁

Not much choice on ebay so I'm off to Asda today to see if I can find some blue wonderfits, and I'll drop by Cats Protection League to see if they have some high waisted 18-22s . Last time I used Tescos - but they didn't make my heart sing!

Next do good jeans, and comfy too. I used to always buy bootcut jeans, and don't know why it took me so long to realise they don't suit me at all and are unflattering on me. Straight leg/slim fit all the way now for me.

Jeans report:
size 26-24 I wore trousers - never jeans. the sort you could wear to teh office or at home. Thinish straight legged zip at front, waist elasticated at the rear no belt loops.

Now I am into jeans for the journey down:

So my wonderfit 22-24s are now loose enough, even with the buckleless belt, to be pulled down without undoing the zip! I could never wear without a belt as the waist doesn't hold them up enough. However they still feel good to wear. they are still snug on teh calves. My calves don't appear to have lost anything!!

I just love that moment when trousers are still wearable but are getting looser and you don't have to undo the button and zip......

My 22 George bootcuts have taken forever to fit. Chunky thighs - which they didn't accommodate. Now they are comfortable and come up high enough on the waist. Again they need the belt - to keep them in at the back (I have a smaller waist to hip ratio than most) - and need to be high or else they are too long - even though they are regular and at 5ft 6, regular usually fits me. I wore George all the time when I last shrunk -one pair of bootcuts per size but think they must have changed the pattern as the Tescos jeans do me better - maybe they are a bot more forgiving on the thighs.

My Chesca 20s smart straight trews fit well - not jeans and no belt loops so will need to get them taken in at the waist in a month or so.

Size 20 F+F tesco high waisted straights - fit well - also need the belt to keep the back of the waist in. Very comfortable and eco cotton. Wish their front pockets were deeper.

Size 18 Next high waisted bought at their outlet shop Choice - get over the thighs but don't quite do up.

I don't have any size 24s left in my cupboard - all charity shopped.

I love bootcut jeans. I can't stand those jeggings/ tight fit things. I don't have the legs for them and trying to get them down to go toilet is a pain.
As for leggings the only time I wear them is when I go out on my bike and have a long jumper or coat on or around the house. I hate seeing pant lines and those who wear a size too small don't do it as they stretch and you can see through them.

I bought a pair of jeans from Peacocks cost £8 and are so comfy as they have a bit of stretch in them. :)

So my scales inexplicably ticked up yet my 22 Georges are getting looser .....

Back