Your reasons for losing weight??

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
I was sat thinking about my reasons for losing weight and wondered what's everyone else's??

1: top of the shop .... Clearly health to improve and reduce health risks

2: close second but comes hands in hand with 1 but my kids ... I want to set good examples and also be around long term for them

3: as much as I'm up from 6 and don't get back in bed till 10/11 at night I would love to have more energy and not find the days such a struggle

4: to not have to dread clothes shopping and grab anything just to get it over with

5: There are a few faces I cannot wait to see when I strut along having lost 6 stone and looking slim and toned.... This is the only reason out of all of the above which is really the least significant really.... But it's a big drive for me and the only one I seem to frequently dream about or I am able to see

Share people I would love to hear your reasons

xx

I LOVE clothes. But from having a baby and eating junk for a few months after he was born I had put on over 3 stone. I've been living in leggings, stretchy material maternity vests and a cardigan for probably nearer a year now? I want to pull off some nice clothes, I want to want to BUY nice new clothes - at the minute I can't see point as I'd just look like a frump.

I had a wedding to go to in September and had to go dress shopping for that perfect outfit, Pre pregnancy I was a 10/12 and now a 16 was struggling to fasten - i felt like crying, I'd never been higher than a 12 before :(

Then there is the health benefits etc as I get out of breath pretty easy

My reason is simple - I want to look good :)
Health is another reason, but since I have never had any serious health problems (touch wood), this has not weighed heavily on my mind (no pun intended).

1. to be healther

2.to be able to run around more with my lil boy

3. to get into a lipsy dress lol

4. to see the look on peoples faces that all said i wouldnt do it!

5. to be more confident

x

My reason was up till 7 years ago i was ultra skinny, by may i was 14 stone 1 and just couldnt bear looking at mirror, plus kept bumping into old work mates who couldnt realise how fat i was, at first i was upset by there comments but eventually i agreed with them and started a diet

Of course, my number one reason is to look and feel better, just like everyone else.

My second is that my weight gain has been in the last year, and I've refused to buy ANY new clothes. I have nothing to wear! LOL! I have only a few larger shirts/sweaters, but my whole closet is small clothes, which I cannot wear at the moment. :crazy:

Something *must* be done about this right now! That's why I found you guys and I'm changing things today.

Nice to meet you all, by the way. :wavey:

:heartpump:

Mandy

As one of the few guys here ill probably have different reasons ;)

1) Im a small build naturally, so going from my natural build of 168lbs to 196lbs really showed, and i hated how i looked, the extra chin, the big tum etc

2) I had a lot less energy, also it was affecting my libido.. my partner and i are trying to conceive and it was becoming an issue

3) Final thing was an incident 4 months ago..this was the kick i needed. Id never been overweight before that i could remember, however i accidently bumped into a teenage girl in town.. she was a rough sort, turned round and said 'watch where you going you fat ***'... daft as it sounds, that was the kick to start losing weight.

3) Final thing was an incident 4 months ago..this was the kick i needed. Id never been overweight before that i could remember, however i accidently bumped into a teenage girl in town.. she was a rough sort, turned round and said 'watch where you going you fat ***'... daft as it sounds, that was the kick to start losing weight.

what a stupid girl! I had a similar thing about 3 months ago. just dropped my lil one at nursery walked back and 2 lads walk past me shouting out 'lose some weight'
they dont know my life. i think how dare they. but you know what i cant wait to 'bump' into them again when i have lost my weight ;) xx

what a stupid girl! I had a similar thing about 3 months ago. just dropped my lil one at nursery walked back and 2 lads walk past me shouting out 'lose some weight'
they dont know my life. i think how dare they. but you know what i cant wait to 'bump' into them again when i have lost my weight ;) xx

Really sorry to hear that happened kayee, some people are so moronic.

And i totally get you on bumping into them again in the future ;)

1. To be able to fit into clothes of a certain style - Cuffed chinos with braces etc, clothes that are for my age group. No matter what plus size shop/department I go to, the styles are for people somewhat in their 40's which just isn't me. I'm not a girly girl, but not a complete tom boy either. I see tons of girls in town etc wearing cuffed chinos, cuffed jeans tucked into Hi Top trainers. I like urban styling, unfortunatly no matter what shop I go to, or online stores, I fail to find the urban style I'm looking for. Plus Size clothing - sucks for the style I want.

2. To look and feel healthier.

3. Confidence.

I always say I want to lose weight because of how I look and yet that hasn't helped me lose weight.

This time the kick has been that my health is now starting to suffer.
So now my number one reason to lose weight is to improve my health.

But it'll be great to be able to look in the mirror, go clothes shopping or get ready for a night out and not want to cry.

It would also be great to have more energy, and eating better and weighing less would surely help?!

To look at something and know it is going to fit me,
To feel happier in the summer and not that everything is an effort carrying extra weight around.
To stop that rubbing of the legs ( it hurts)
To look sexy for me and my OH

Some reasons I am ceratin about but some I had to think about. I think these are my reasons

1) so i dont feel disgusted when I look in the mirror
2) to aid in my journey of self belief and self confidence
3) to be happy in the clothes I wear
4) to give me confidence around guys
5) health
I am sure there are many more and hope that re-visiting the reasons why I want to lose weight will help me to re-gain that strength to beat the excess weight xoxo

To be happy with the way I look.

My reasons are:

1: To enjoy doing things with my kids without my weight getting in the way.

2: To go on holiday this year and actually enjoy the sun rather than sitting on the beach wrapped in a huge beach towel :(

3: Have another baby :). I have been told it's very unlikely I'll have another one but I plan to loss weight, get into shape and prove them wrong.

Tracyx

1. To not have to buy massive tops to cover my tummy

2. To fit into my old clothes again!

3. To feel better about myself

1) to be able to choose clothes instead of it being decided by what actually 'fits' (if they ever fit me)

2) I want my husband to 'show me off' especially when his mates get a new 'bird' and they are georgous! :-/ hmmmmm

3) I want a baby and a healthy pregnancy - the only way I can look pregnant is if I and slim at the time. I never wanted to be one of those ppl who you can't tell if they are preg or not!! And...I don't think I have ever told anyone this, when I'm preg a want a semi-naked photo shoot - I love the look of pregnant bodies, but I would never dream of doing this if I ha been carrying the extra 6stone I've lost to date!! (I will of course pay some extra for the stretch marks air brushing out lol)

Back