• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

You've probably been asked this before .....

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
S: 13st7lb C: 12st2lb G: 10st10lb Loss: 1st5lb(10.05%)
Weigh in day, what do you eat?

I eat VERY little - and now I wish that I had eaten the same as the first week IYKWIM...................

First week I had my tea before I went to class and went and found out how much I weighed. So that it was a maximum loss I didnt' have my tea before class on the 2nd week - had my lunch at about 1 pm at work and then only sips of water until weigh in - then each week I've done the same to keep that maximum weigh in.

However, I am thinking that as of next weigh in I may have a little something before class so that I don't feel so hungry. I normally take a banana with me and/or a hi fi bar to munch on after weigh in.

So fess up - what do you eat on weigh in day?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 12st9lb C: 11st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.9 Loss: 1st9lb(12.99%)
I have to admit I dont eat loads. Just some yoghurt and fruit for breakfast and then salad and fruit for lunch pre-weigh in. I do feel a bit ridiculous as I refuse to drink fizzy pop and even cups of tea on weigh in day. Why I have no idea but once you have started these things its tricky to break the cycle. However to be fair to myself I still wear jeans to weigh in, every week I battle with myself whether to put on leggings but as yet I have not faltered!

sue567

Silver Member
S: 14st4.5lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 25.2 Loss: 4st6.5lb(31.17%)
to be honest I still eat the same like my weigh day is tuesday but I still have baked potatoes or sandwiches for lunch and still snack on fruit throughout the day i just dont drink as much water lol

I eat very little too i'm afraid.

Breakfast as normal, a lighter lunch than my usual jacket with beans. Sometimes a sandwich or something. Then nothing till after WI - which is at 7 :)

I think threads like this should be used as a starting gun for people to change habits!!!!

Eat as normal. When you get to target, are you going to cut down on your food one day a week still? I think not....could be wrong tho - im not a target member yet.

I think its a tough cycle to break, but if you have been a good SW-er that week, try to break the habit of cutting down on foods and drinks. In the grand scheme of things, it wont matter too much will it.

This is a healthy eating plan, and i see no sense in cutting down to minimal foods on Weigh day - i have a normal brekkie, a light lunch, fruit all afternoon and the same amount of drinks.

Before you think i am a total angel (far from it) i wouldnt dream of having a 4 course lunch on weigh day - but if it happened, surely the next week it would show as a loss overall.

Its not just what happens that week - look at your losses over a month or 3 months!

xxx

Scanbran

Stupid Member
S: 18st0lb C: 14st10lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 3st4lb(18.25%)
This is a healthy eating plan, and i see no sense in cutting down to minimal foods on Weigh day - i have a normal brekkie, a light lunch, fruit all afternoon and the same amount of drinks.

You are right, of course, and it all makes perfect sense, but sense temporarily takes it's leave once a week when I am asked to demonstrate on a scale the magnitude of my fatness in front of live witnesses.

I will at that stage cut off a limb for a loss.

Anyway, hopefully I will eventually break this cycle. I'll need to. It's getting far to chilly now to keep wearing my shorts :(

When you get to target, are you going to cut down on your food one day a week still? I think not....could be wrong tho - im not a target member yet.
Sadly, for me, yes :eek:
During the time I was losing weight and the 2 years I was at target and now I am trying to get back to target I have always done the same.

Breakfast is either a full cooked breakfast or cereal or fruit salad and yoghurt

Lunch - if I have a big cooked breakfast then I probably have fruit salad and yoghurt as I'm not really hungry. If I have cereal or fruit it will be cottage cheese and ryvita or ham or egg salad then a piece of fruit.

I have only 3 cups of coffee and don't drink past 3pm. I also only drink half a litre of water as opposed to my normal 2litres.

Very silly I know but I have always done it and, quite sadly, always will :sigh:

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
S: 13st7lb C: 12st2lb G: 10st10lb Loss: 1st5lb(10.05%)
ah thanks so much for the replies. I'm not the only one then !

I remember years and years and years ago I was half a pound away from goal - with WW - It was winter and I had a very heavy skirt on - the leader told me to drop my skirt - I did and I was exactly at goal - what a wonderful feeling -

so now I weigh in in a bikini :eek:

I AM ONLY JOKING ! :rolleyes:

Katerpillar

Losin the baby weight :-)
S: 12st4.0lb C: 12st4.0lb G: 10st4.0lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
ah thanks so much for the replies. I'm not the only one then !

I remember years and years and years ago I was half a pound away from goal - with WW - It was winter and I had a very heavy skirt on - the leader told me to drop my skirt - I did and I was exactly at goal - what a wonderful feeling -

so now I weigh in in a bikini :eek:

I AM ONLY JOKING ! :rolleyes:
:8855: I took my bra off in the car last week before I went in to get weighed! :eek: ha ha! It was a gel filled thingy-ma-bob and felt heavy so it had to go! I lost 0.5lb and am sure I wouldn't if I hadn't done that!!! :D

S: 13st6lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 4st8lb(34.04%)
I eat Breakfast and lunch as usual, drink at least 1.4ltr of water (2 700ml bottles) but don't have dinner, just because I don't have time to cook properly and eat within the 1 hour window between me arriving home and WI time, then I go swimming and eat LATE. Kills me but It's more to do with time issues than perceived weight gain.

Think it's a ritual for most people!! Eat same food, drink same teeny amount!! Pity we can't train our bowels to work like clockwork in WI day!! Is a good excuse when youdont lose though!! 'i hadn't been to the loo all day!!'

:)

Luckily I have mine in the morning, so I'll just have an Alpen bar. Then, the second I've weighed-in, I'll sit down, eat a second Alpen Bar and down a bottle of water because by that I'm time I'm so damn thirsty!

S: 11st12.5lb C: 10st9.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.4 Loss: 1st3lb(10.21%)
my weigh in is usually over lunch time, so I tend to have a piece of fruit mid-morning before weighing, then have my lunch after weighing! (not that it helped that much though...as my weight loss has been slow... and doing this "trick" didn't really help!)

S: 8st13lb C: 9st0lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: -0st1lb(-0.8%)
This has really helped!
I normally go to group on a Thursday morning, but because I've just started working again, I'm now going on a Tuesday evening.
Yes, I know that I'm at target, but I still get nervous, especially as I know that I will weigh heavier in the evening.
Your replies have really given me some good ideas about what to eat today! x