You've probably been asked this before .....

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
Weigh in day, what do you eat?

I eat VERY little - and now I wish that I had eaten the same as the first week IYKWIM...................

First week I had my tea before I went to class and went and found out how much I weighed. So that it was a maximum loss I didnt' have my tea before class on the 2nd week - had my lunch at about 1 pm at work and then only sips of water until weigh in - then each week I've done the same to keep that maximum weigh in.

However, I am thinking that as of next weigh in I may have a little something before class so that I don't feel so hungry. I normally take a banana with me and/or a hi fi bar to munch on after weigh in.

So fess up - what do you eat on weigh in day?

I have to admit I dont eat loads. Just some yoghurt and fruit for breakfast and then salad and fruit for lunch pre-weigh in. I do feel a bit ridiculous as I refuse to drink fizzy pop and even cups of tea on weigh in day. Why I have no idea but once you have started these things its tricky to break the cycle. However to be fair to myself I still wear jeans to weigh in, every week I battle with myself whether to put on leggings but as yet I have not faltered!

to be honest I still eat the same like my weigh day is tuesday but I still have baked potatoes or sandwiches for lunch and still snack on fruit throughout the day i just dont drink as much water lol

I eat very little too i'm afraid.

Breakfast as normal, a lighter lunch than my usual jacket with beans. Sometimes a sandwich or something. Then nothing till after WI - which is at 7 :)

I think threads like this should be used as a starting gun for people to change habits!!!!

Eat as normal. When you get to target, are you going to cut down on your food one day a week still? I think not....could be wrong tho - im not a target member yet.

I think its a tough cycle to break, but if you have been a good SW-er that week, try to break the habit of cutting down on foods and drinks. In the grand scheme of things, it wont matter too much will it.

This is a healthy eating plan, and i see no sense in cutting down to minimal foods on Weigh day - i have a normal brekkie, a light lunch, fruit all afternoon and the same amount of drinks.

Before you think i am a total angel (far from it) i wouldnt dream of having a 4 course lunch on weigh day - but if it happened, surely the next week it would show as a loss overall.

Its not just what happens that week - look at your losses over a month or 3 months!

xxx

This is a healthy eating plan, and i see no sense in cutting down to minimal foods on Weigh day - i have a normal brekkie, a light lunch, fruit all afternoon and the same amount of drinks.

You are right, of course, and it all makes perfect sense, but sense temporarily takes it's leave once a week when I am asked to demonstrate on a scale the magnitude of my fatness in front of live witnesses.

I will at that stage cut off a limb for a loss.

Anyway, hopefully I will eventually break this cycle. I'll need to. It's getting far to chilly now to keep wearing my shorts :(

When you get to target, are you going to cut down on your food one day a week still? I think not....could be wrong tho - im not a target member yet.

Sadly, for me, yes :eek:
During the time I was losing weight and the 2 years I was at target and now I am trying to get back to target I have always done the same.

Breakfast is either a full cooked breakfast or cereal or fruit salad and yoghurt

Lunch - if I have a big cooked breakfast then I probably have fruit salad and yoghurt as I'm not really hungry. If I have cereal or fruit it will be cottage cheese and ryvita or ham or egg salad then a piece of fruit.

I have only 3 cups of coffee and don't drink past 3pm. I also only drink half a litre of water as opposed to my normal 2litres.

Very silly I know but I have always done it and, quite sadly, always will :sigh:

ah thanks so much for the replies. I'm not the only one then !

I remember years and years and years ago I was half a pound away from goal - with WW - It was winter and I had a very heavy skirt on - the leader told me to drop my skirt - I did and I was exactly at goal - what a wonderful feeling -

so now I weigh in in a bikini :eek:

I AM ONLY JOKING ! :rolleyes:

ah thanks so much for the replies. I'm not the only one then !

I remember years and years and years ago I was half a pound away from goal - with WW - It was winter and I had a very heavy skirt on - the leader told me to drop my skirt - I did and I was exactly at goal - what a wonderful feeling -

so now I weigh in in a bikini :eek:

I AM ONLY JOKING ! :rolleyes:

:8855: I took my bra off in the car last week before I went in to get weighed! :eek: ha ha! It was a gel filled thingy-ma-bob and felt heavy so it had to go! I lost 0.5lb and am sure I wouldn't if I hadn't done that!!! :D

I eat Breakfast and lunch as usual, drink at least 1.4ltr of water (2 700ml bottles) but don't have dinner, just because I don't have time to cook properly and eat within the 1 hour window between me arriving home and WI time, then I go swimming and eat LATE. Kills me but It's more to do with time issues than perceived weight gain.

Think it's a ritual for most people!! Eat same food, drink same teeny amount!! Pity we can't train our bowels to work like clockwork in WI day!! Is a good excuse when youdont lose though!! 'i hadn't been to the loo all day!!'

:)

Luckily I have mine in the morning, so I'll just have an Alpen bar. Then, the second I've weighed-in, I'll sit down, eat a second Alpen Bar and down a bottle of water because by that I'm time I'm so damn thirsty!

my weigh in is usually over lunch time, so I tend to have a piece of fruit mid-morning before weighing, then have my lunch after weighing! (not that it helped that much though...as my weight loss has been slow... and doing this "trick" didn't really help!)

This has really helped!
I normally go to group on a Thursday morning, but because I've just started working again, I'm now going on a Tuesday evening.
Yes, I know that I'm at target, but I still get nervous, especially as I know that I will weigh heavier in the evening.
Your replies have really given me some good ideas about what to eat today! x

Back