Yuk Yuk Yuk

Wilma

Silver Member
Just tried the Spicey Tomato soup YUK!!!

The taste wasn't so bad it was the powdery texture - felt like I had a mouth full of polyfiller! I have 6 more soups to have this week, I am sad! :sigh:

Any tips to get them smoother?????:sign0009:

Deb

I'm not so keen on the soups either. I have to use an electric hand blender to get mine smooth & palatable!!!!

The taste wasn't so bad it was the powdery texture - felt like I had a mouth full of polyfiller! I have 6 more soups to have this week, I am sad! :sigh:

Deb
Leave it for 2-3 minutes after adding the warm (not boiling) water and stirring and the 'sand' should dissolve. Tomato is the only soup I have at the moment and I love it but there is a nack to making it right. Stick with it and you'll soon get it right hun.;)

Thanks for the tips ladies.
Now I think about it the last bit of the soup was smoother - I though it was because all the bits floated on top!!

this is how i make my soups cos frothy soup is just wrong and makes me gag lol.

empty the soup into the cup and add some cold water not alot just enough to make a paste when you stir it, stir it togeter well then bit by bit add the hot water ( not boiling ) from the kettle and stir that bit till its smooth, then repeat till you have your cup full. makes lovely smooth soup with no froth or lumps

this is how i make my soups cos frothy soup is just wrong and makes me gag lol.

empty the soup into the cup and add some cold water not alot just enough to make a paste when you stir it, stir it togeter well then bit by bit add the hot water ( not boiling ) from the kettle and stir that bit till its smooth, then repeat till you have your cup full. makes lovely smooth soup with no froth or lumps

That's exactly how I do mine ... and was about to post and saw you had saved me the trouble! Thanks!

Oh Deb poor you. I can't stomach any of the soups I'm afraid, mainly I stick to the tetras but am having a few strawberry shakes and a choc pack made into a muffin for a change this week (recipes are on the stickies at the top). Just breaks it up a bit.

If you are near your cdc give her a call and see if she will swap the soups you have left if you cannot stomach them.

Sara:)

that's exactly how I make mine too and it works

Does anyone have any tips as to how to make shakes without a blender. I tried to make one at work today by shaking it in a larger container but there were still quite a few lumps in it - i will try doing the paste tomorrow and see it that helps but again if anyone has any other tips please let me know.

Thanksx

ps this is probably a really daft question but what does "lol" stand for - I see lots of people use if but haven't worked it out yet!!

Lots of advice - thanks! I will try again tomorrow and then see if my CDC will exchange them if I am still gagging on them. I totally agree about 'frothy' soup.
Cheers everyone
Deb

that's exactly how I make mine too and it works

Does anyone have any tips as to how to make shakes without a blender. I tried to make one at work today by shaking it in a larger container but there were still quite a few lumps in it - i will try doing the paste tomorrow and see it that helps but again if anyone has any other tips please let me know.

Thanksx

ps this is probably a really daft question but what does "lol" stand for - I see lots of people use if but haven't worked it out yet!!

LOL = laugh out loud!

Beverley it was probably you i got the tip from last year x

I'd love to have the soups for more variety in the diet, but i only tried them once last time i did CD and it made me sick, ergh, i feel sick just thinking about it.

I might try again with the tomoto soup, but get an extra shake just incase it goes down the sink.

You could make them into crisps if you prefer deb, the recipe should be on here somewhere.

xx

I remember reading that thread a while ago - thanks for reminding me. I am a bit reluctant to waste the packs though. I have the exact number I need for the week. I will buy a couple extra in future.
D

I will buy a couple extra in future.

Thats the best thing to do sweetie, especially when you're just getting strated with the diet.

I went through every flavour for the shakes, i liked them at first but then they always tasted nasty the second time i had them. Then with the soups, i ended up having to spill all of the flavours down the sink, i just couldnt stomach them at all.

So know all i live off is cold mint shakes, hot choc shakes and choc tetras. That should satisfy my chocoloate cravings, lol. xx

i only like the spicy tomato, ha. and the oriental chilli one made into crisps :) don't like it in liquid form though, ick.

abz xx

I tried half a packet of shake with water and it came out smooth - after shaking it for ages......I think the tip is to split it up as there's a lot of powder in one shake.

Deb
Did you mix into a paste with a small amount of cold water... before you add the hot water?

Back