Yum recipes

muddypaws04

I've made a couple of extra nice dinners this week even if I do say so myself. lol

I made a fritata which was so yum, I put in it a chopped leek, a chopped courgette, sliced boiled new potatoes, 5 or 6 beaten eggs and 2 HEA's of grated cheese on the top before I put it under grill to cook the top. It was soooo good!

Then yesterday, fried off onion, carrots, leeks, chopped chicken breast, then when chicken was sealed I threw in a good tablespoon of dried taragon, two chicken stock cubes, gave it a stir and poured water in just enough to cover, stir well, add enough smash to thicken it a little, pour into an oven proof dish, add some broad beans and top with lightly crushed boiled new potatoes (in their skins). Spray with fry light and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Then bake for half hour or so until the potatoes go a little crispy/brown. The taragon is such a lovely flavour with chicken, I love it!

Tonight I made a stirfry which I thought was pretty good. I have a jamie oliver flavour shaker thingmiebob but if you don't just mix it all together in m/pestle or just in a bowl.

2 cloves crushed garlic
teaspoon ground cumin
tablespoon of dark soy
teaspoon of oregano
teaspoon grated ginger
tablespoon of agave syrup (about 1syn)
a pinch of dried chilli, more if you like it hot (my dh doesn't)
couple of tablespoons of water

Then I dry fried chopped chicken for a few mins, added my stir fry pack, stir fried a little more, added my sauce mix, good stir, threw in the noodles I'd boiled (rice noodles) and stirred again to coat everything. It was pretty good I have to say! DH added more soy on his plate but I didn't.:)

Tonight I made a batch of curry sauce (jamie oliver). It's lush and will do 3 lots of 2 dinners. Will post recipe in a bit.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/curry-recipes/curry-base-sauce/

I made this without the coconut milk and with only 1 tablespoon of oil. (makes about 6 dinners I would say so very low syn)

I cooked onion, cauli, mushrooms, courgette and mange tout until almost cooked, then added the curry sauce and simmered for about 15 minutes!

Last edited:
Tomorrow im having sticky BBQ chicken.

I kind of adapted this recipe to my own liking.

Ingredients:
Chicken, diced, sliced, fillets or wings.
2 TBSP worcester sauce.
Smoky BBQ seasoning.
2 TBSP lemon juice.
Salt and Pepper.

(You can add more worcester sauce and lemon juice if you wish but must have equal amounts of both)

Put all ingredients into a plastic freezer bag, squeeze all air out of the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken. Tie the bag up and leave to marinade overnight. Serve with whatever you like and however you like :)

Back