Zen friendly treats?

jenbo

First full week in and I'm thinking I can't do this. Really been eating the minimum, not eaten anything with more then 2% fat in due to the fact I'm frightened to death of anything happening.

Can anyone suggest any treats I can try to cheer myself up ? :-(

Carmel snack a jack rice cakes .. Yogurt, Ww mousse, shapes deserts yogurts, strawberries

The Alpen light apple & sultana bars are ok or 4 a real treat I have some midget gems or liquorice x

jenbo said:
Do you think I'd get away with Burgers made from extra lean mince ? X

Yes work out your recipe on my fitness pal.. You could grill in oven..

Yes I always make burgers/ meatballs etc just use ex lean mince n depending what I'm having with just measure my portion so I.Dnt go over fat allowance x

Made burgers with extra lean with salsa on top and some slimming world chips. Been really good this week so think I deserve a treat ! Found some weight watchers coconut cake bars with 2.9g per 100g so having one of those later :)

if its sweets you are missing, i eat School Bars made by fruit bowl. they are 1 of your five a day, fat free and are lovely and sweet and chewy! My kids love them to :) they are usually by the dried fruit or cake making section in supermarkets.

xx

Oh and meringues. they are fat free but full of sugar. you could make a healthy eton mess. fresh strawberries and a ww strawberry tart yoghurt. ooooh yeaah

jenbo said:
Do you think I'd get away with Burgers made from extra lean mince ? X

Sainsburys do a really low fat mince & it tastes gorgeous!

Please try not to worry, I was worried like you but was fine with anything up to 5g/100g.

Sweets are low fat, boiled sweets, jellies & the like x

Oh and meringues. they are fat free but full of sugar. you could make a healthy eton mess. fresh strawberries and a ww strawberry tart yoghurt. ooooh yeaah
Hi do you have a recipe for this thanks?

I use extra lean steak mince in various meals and it's fine. It is worrying the first week or two on the tabs as I was always wondering if I would have a bad reaction but once you get used to them you'll be fine and you'll get in a routine of what food suits you. If I'm desperate for something sweet I normally make up a sugar free jelly and Tesco's do some low fat lemon drizzle cake slices which are really lovely and virtually fat free. I agree with Lexie that you should be fine with anything up to 5g per 100g and try not to worry cos as the next few days pass you'll have a clearer picture of how the tablets work with you.

I do a healthy eton mess, 2 crushed meringue nests (sainsburys bakery ones are yummy & chewy) strawberries & raspberries & I use onken vanilla yoghurt all mixed together, it's delicious & 220 cals. You can do it with any yoghurt x

Lexie2005 said:
I do a healthy eton mess, 2 crushed meringue nests (sainsburys bakery ones are yummy & chewy) strawberries & raspberries & I use onken vanilla yoghurt all mixed together, it's delicious & 220 cals. You can do it with any yoghurt x

Oh my god that sounds lovely x

Yum yum just had 2 m and s meringues with pineapple, strawberry, and blueberries for dessert! Thanks for the idea x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

busybee_mummy said:
Yum yum just had 2 m and s meringues with pineapple, strawberry, and blueberries for dessert! Thanks for the idea x

M&S meringues are my favourite but I don't often get in. My 6 year old loves this for his pudding, he had it tonight!

busybee_mummy said:

Did you put yoghurt on it?

jenbo said:
Got m&s meringues and strawberries....forgot the bloody yoghurt! :-$

Oh no, hubby went shopping got the yoghurt and strawberries but forgot the meringue

After not really eating for 3 days, my stomach started rumbling reading this thread earlier. Just hope he goes out for me tomorrow hehe

LisaM1977 said:
Oh no, hubby went shopping got the yoghurt and strawberries but forgot the meringue

After not really eating for 3 days, my stomach started rumbling reading this thread earlier. Just hope he goes out for me tomorrow hehe

Meringues are easy to make :)

Back