Zero Noodles???

sofialee

Hi Guys, just wanted to know if anyone has tried Zero Noodles at all? thinking of getting them after being told about them by a friend but just wanted to know if they are any good before I buy a load.

Advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance! :)

I don't think they have much nutritional value. I think if you are doing a low carb diet they might be good but otherwise I reckon you'd be better off with wholemeal pasta.

Jettica is right. You won't get any nutrition out of it. It has become popular among weight watchers due to absence of calories. But just in case that you still want to have it, cook it with Asian recipes. It tastes odd with Italian.

Hi Sophielee, I buy these noodle quite often and i do low carb so use them when i am craving chinese food. As above, do not eat these with anything other then asian food as they mimic angle hair noodles. they dont taste of much so will need a sauce of some kind. The texture is a bit unusual but would reccomend them in stirfrys!!

Zero noodles, I think are Shiritaki Noodles (Yam root I think, not sure). I remember them from my low carb days, as they have no carb value. I think they are wet packed. Try not to get ripped off online though, if you have an oriental supermarket you can get to.

hay, just thought id let you all know that I got the Zero Noodles in the end and Im very pleased that I did. They are awsome! work great with stir frys and with bolognaise instead of spaghetti...and practically calorie and carb free! I would hightly reccommend them if you're on a diet and miss pasta. :)

that's a great tip! I've just ordered some to try.

Look a bit too good to be true - what's the catch?!

haha, yes I totally agree robotica, they are lovely if added to a nice meal but they have absolutely no flavour so you wouldnt eat them alone or just with a plain tomoto sauce. S you need to be creative with your cooking to make them enjoyable.

I think some people dont like the texture but I found that if you boil them and then dry roast them for a few minutes they are very similar to super noodles...

These are my Go To diet food right now. :)

haha, yes I totally agree robotica, they are lovely if added to a nice meal but they have absolutely no flavour so you wouldnt eat them alone or just with a plain tomoto sauce. S you need to be creative with your cooking to make them enjoyable.

I think some people dont like the texture but I found that if you boil them and then dry roast them for a few minutes they are very similar to super noodles...

These are my Go To diet food right now. :)

ah lovely, think I might try that tonight - what do you dry roast them in? or just add some spices?

Has anyone lost weight eating them? tried searching online for bad press, couldn't find any, but if they were that good, wouldn't the whole world be shovelling them in now?!

I usually add a little bit of garlic granules and sometimes a bit of a veg stock cube and chilli. Im not sure why more people dont know about them, but I think maybe its because they are just new to the UK... I had never heard of them until recently either. They are called Miracle noodles in America and think they are pretty big there so maybe it will just take a while to catch on.

enjoy!

I usually add a little bit of garlic granules and sometimes a bit of a veg stock cube and chilli. Im not sure why more people dont know about them, but I think maybe its because they are just new to the UK... I had never heard of them until recently either. They are called Miracle noodles in America and think they are pretty big there so maybe it will just take a while to catch on.

enjoy!

I tried them last night and now think I know why!

They looked the part but found the texture quite rubbery? Will try out a different recipe as I washed them, then put in a pan with some teriyaki sauce and soy sauce. Blurgh!

These sound fab - I don't need something with a noodle taste, just something to bulk out my food along with veggies. Going to go to the chinese supermarket today and see if I can find them x

I tried them tonight and they're awesome. Had them in a chinese style stir fry with garlic sprouts, ginger, garlic, peppers, red onion, beansprouts and chicken. They literally taste of nothing so brill for making you feel full

I tried them tonight and they're awesome. Had them in a chinese style stir fry with garlic sprouts, ginger, garlic, peppers, red onion, beansprouts and chicken. They literally taste of nothing so brill for making you feel full

Didnt you think they tasted quite mushy?

I'll give them a go using your recipe - sounds much better than what I did!

Didnt you think they tasted quite mushy?

I'll give them a go using your recipe - sounds much better than what I did!

Not hugely lol, a little slippery but I always put them in my mouth with veg so didn't notice too much. The only offputting thing is the smell when you open the packet... lol

Back