Zumba

I did 5 classes this week with 3 different instructors all different , I must admit the one I orginally go to is the easiest good for starters but I'm glad I found the others as I'm doing it more the intense work outs are easier.
I'd say go to anyone who can afford it but DVDs are good :) so hope the do a wii zumba xx

Just wondering if the class prices are the same all over the country,,,, i pay £4 a class

I pay £3 but there is a Gym near us that has it for £5 so I think it is about the same everywhere

I was really nervous the first time I went and I was meant to go with a friend from work but she never turned up so I ended up going in on my own, but once the music started I didnt think about anyone else that was there, and at the end then I realised the size of the class but if you do go, just get lost in the fun and be able to laugh at yourself!

I thunk it's best to go alone as the people you go with may drop out then you feel I can't go alone, I went with my daughter she stopped I kept going it was hard the first time alone but I just waed up stretching and then the music started and before you know it it's finished :)
Try going once you may love it xx

I thunk it's best to go alone as the people you go with may drop out then you feel I can't go alone, I went with my daughter she stopped I kept going it was hard the first time alone but I just waed up stretching and then the music started and before you know it it's finished :)
Try going once you may love it xx

It said on Amazon it was November the 19th I think, although I know that it's not always a suitable guide for when a game comes out, check Gamestation, they have a list of what games are coming out normally, they are my first port of call for a game that's coming out :) hope it helps
Thanks hun, I just checked, they have it listed for the XBox on there but not for the Wii. I really, really hope they release it on the Wii as its the only console I have and I'd love to have it on there, I like any active games like that. I was told it was coming to Wii so maybe its not til later on. I can't see them leaving it out altogether?? I'll just keep checking! X

Well I have done it - booked a zumba class tomorrow night! A bunch of us are going from work. I am a little bit nervous - i am soooooooooo unfit. What if I can't keep up?! I am very very scared!! xx

claire you dont need to keep up you do what you can thats the joy of zumba,,, take a big bottle of water with you tho and drink between dances and most of all have a brilliant time x

well im a size 18/20 and there are a couple of women larger than me theres also lots of older women at the classes so its really varied age/size

There are a lot of girls at my class that are really really really big, and I think that they have taken the guts to come so good on them! they dont always keep up, I dont always keep up to be honest cause I'm not that fit either lol! But it helps cause I used to be a dancer (in my very younger days) but I cant always follow the feet, let us know how you get on!

Hi ya,
I started my first Zumba class with a friend 5 weeks ago, started on 2 classes a week. Last week I did 4, but will realistically do 3 a week. In the first 3 weeks I lost 13lbs.
Its great fun, sometimes I go on my own, sometimes friends come.
I have the DVD's for home too.
I work hard, I sweat loads, I drink shed loads of water and even better I have lots of fun in the process.
Some of the ladies that go are tiny, some are bigger than me, with that said I dont feel uncomfortable being there.
I have even bought myself a couple of Zumba tops :0)

Hope you all have lots of fun. I sure do.

Nutty x

Hi Nutty,

They don't have any class near me and I was wondering if the DVD's were any use?

I'd really consider getting them and I will defo be buying the wii version when its realesed.

curveywurvy i typed in dublin as per your location into the find a classClasses — Zumba® and there is quite a few in and around the dublin area.

Im looking foward to to it coming out on the wii aswell

Hi Curvy,
the dvd's are great, one I have called Cardio Party is quite high impact but you push yourself to as hard as you can go and up your game each time. I do it every day I am not at a class. lol!
Hard work, but have fun and laugh at myself at the same time.
The Zumba site is doing 2 payments of £24.99 plus p and p at the mo, you get maraca style dumbells too which are great.
I have copied them for a couple of friends to start them off.

I'd go for it if you can... I'd also use cans/tins etc as weights after your first few times doing the dvd's.
xxx

Well I have done it - booked a zumba class tomorrow night! A bunch of us are going from work. I am a little bit nervous - i am soooooooooo unfit. What if I can't keep up?! I am very very scared!! xx
Aw bless ya, you'll be fine hun, don't worry. I can't go as I have no one to go with, I literally have no friends here so thats why I'm plumping for the dvd's and game version as I couldn't go in alone, its easier in a group.

Let us know how you get on! X

Honestly I went when I was a size 18 unfit alone , if you go with someone snd they drop out you'll want to,if you go alone you may make friends gain confidence and concentrate on you more .
I hardly left the house this time last year and have gone to 3 different zumba classes alone.

There are people in their 70s very large people very slim people toned young and no one takes any notice as they are too busy concentrating :)

Someone told me if you never try how can you ever know.
I know if moneys sn issue then at homes best I know how hard it is to go it alone but I'm glad I dud even though I argued with myself the 1/2 hour walk there to DONT GO

xx

Back