◄ Amercican Style Breakfast Sausage Recipe ►

For those that used to like the breakfast sausage in a popular fast food outlet ;) try this with minced turkey.

It really is the recipe for pork sausage but turkey mince is more acceptable on Dukan.

I make up batches and freeze but you may be better just making just one burger to see if you need to tweak it, some like more salt, pepper than others. ;)

2oz turkey mince
¼ teaspoon dried sage
pinch of sweetener
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper

Mix altogether in a bowl, flatten into a burger shape and put in the fridge for an hour or so (this will stop it from shrinking too much when you cook it).

Brush your frying pan with oil and cook on a low to medium heat for about 3 minutes each side.

Done! :D

NB:

The original recipe uses ½ tsp sage per 2oz burger and ¼ tsp brown sugar. I find that is too much sage and of course you will want to use sweetener instead of brown sugar.

I have used crushed black pepper and ground black pepper and there isn't a great deal of difference in taste.

I do use 4oz or 6oz of mince per burger whilst on Dukan, the more protein I eat the more weight I lose!

I make up some greek style yog (homemade in the slow cooker) with a smidgen of mint sauce added and pour this on the top of these, lovely.

Last edited:
Ive not made any home made yoghurt recently DWTBF making some today just hope its not too cold - Total is getting far too expensive at our local co-op £2.55 per pot

sausage sounds good have a try at that this week :)

Ive not made any home made yoghurt recently DWTBF making some today just hope its not too cold - Total is getting far too expensive at our local co-op £2.55 per pot

sausage sounds good have a try at that this week :)

I seemed to be getting a lot of thin yog with the s/c Chris, I think it was due to the fluctuation in temp in the house.

I saw a Rachael Allen yog maker for £11.98 in the local discount warehouse and have been using that.

It has been producing set yog every day so even though the slow cooker is great, when the weather isn't too cold, I will be using the RA maker from now on.

For anyone who is in the stages where you can have a bit of cheese, try topping the sausage burger with a dry fried egg and a thin slice of cheese on top. You won't be having the bun but you could always cut out a couple of circles using wholemeal bread as the bun.

;)

Yep I was thinking of buying a yog maker from lakeland or somewhere

I know you can get one from Lakeland that makes yog in the one container, but, although you have to wash 6 to 7 jars with mine (1 litre of milk makes 6 full jars), you can add flavourings before the process starts.

The flavours develop better that way, rather than adding them in after you have made the yog.

I bought mine for £9.99 plus VAT from JTF.

JTF Mega Discount Warehouse Branch Locator

I don't know which part of Lancashire you live in but JTF have branches in Preston and just over the border in Warrington.

i love my lakeland one as well... never had a bad batch since the kitchens been permamentky warm with the rayburn on contantly lol... and if the room does feel cool i just wrap a beach towl round it lol

Back