♥ Little*red's WW Diary - preparing for core

you are doing so well.

i noticed in an earlier post that you have the new Davina Dvd. So have i and did an exercise for the first time today, and boy am i feeling the effects. i only did the first one, super fit, i think it is called, for 40 mins, didnt do the extra bits.

good luck with your healthy eating plan.

Thanks Tara, i love the Davina workouts i have most of them but the newest one is definatley the hardest.
Just finished doing a Tae Bo workout, managed about 30 minutes of a 50 minutes workout, the people in that video are like machines! Don't they feel the burning :eek:.
Anyway must keep up the good work, it felt good to be exercising again. I really really need to tone up, might need to get out the callenetics aswell, or perhaps the Nell McAndrew. I'm not obsessed with exercise DVDs, honest :p.

OMG!!!!
I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because I just got my letter through from the uni to say I have an interview for midwifery on 23rd february!!!!
I've been waiting 7 months for this letter i'm over the moon, can't stop crying with joy.
:happy036::bliss::talk017:

Oh my God little red!! that is just fabulous!!!

You must be so so proud of yourself!!.

What happens from here then??

Thanks Nikki, now i basically just go for an interview which is along the same lines as a job interview and then basically i just wait to hear if i'm staring in September or not.
I've been though it before in 2006 and got a place first time but i had to give it up because I had my two girls, so i've been waiting until i can go back again, so desprately want it, will be gutted if i don't get in.

oh its so exciting - you will of course - think positive!!!!!

Are your girls twins then?

Nope not twins they are only 12 months apart, had Evie at the end of March 2007 and Lois at start of April 2008, so was just waiting for them to get a bit older so they could go to nursery.

Gosh - 2 babies in a year....you're brave!!

Fantastic news on the uni course - you'll walk it. They'll be falling over themselves to take you.

Might get that new Davina DVD as I have her first one and I think that's quite tough in the legs and bum section.

aww so pleased you finally got your letter! Crossing everything for you for the interview, though sure you will sail through no problem! :D

did you find yourself a sports bra? Primark's sports bras are only £4 and I swear by them - peacocks do them for a similar price as well and they're good too :)

sorry to be ignorant.. but tae bo? callenetics? what exactly do they entail? xx

:bliss:Well done, thats amazing news!! I know you were getting a bit annoyed that you hadn't heard! I know exactly how you feel, I was the same when I got news about my teaching interview, couldn't stop crying too !!!
Dead chuffed!!!
x

ps we've got a new signature thing for our team, kelly sorted it out for us, you can just copy and paste it into your signature.

Thanks every one I'm walking on air at the moment, the relief is immense. Just need to do a kick arse interview.

Rosie- the new davina one is great, it's like the first one but your using weights the whole way through the workout (well the super scult part), i find it a lot harder than the first one but it really shapes you up.

Rachel - Tae Bo is like sort of martial art/ kickboxing thing lots of punching and kicking, very tough workout, great for weight loss, classed as high intensity by WW so it earns a lot of activity points.
Callanetics is the total opposite, it's a really old workout (80's i think) and you do these slow strechy movements that tone you up. It looks really easy but it's actually very hard. Works really quickly and gives you a lean apperance rather than bulking up your muscles. Doesn't really make you lose weight but its fantastic for inch loss.

Oh almost forgot to say, I got one of those shock absorber pink breast cancer sports bra. It was only about £13 on ebay, so no more 3 bras when i'm jumping around :eek: hopefully will get here today.

:D

Last edited:
ooh they sound great - thanks LR! :D howre you doing with WW? x

Hi Little*Red,

Congratulations on getting the Uni Interview and I'm sure you'll do brillantly. I've not popped in before but have seen you over at Rosie and Rachels and wanted to pop by and say hello and welcome to minis.

Hope it continues to go well for you

M

Awww midwifery! you go for it girl! I had an interview schedualed for today at 12pm and written test etc. Id sent my essay last week in prep also, then this morning I woke up and though "Im could potntially be taking the place of somebody who really wants to do this," my heart just wasnt in it! so I skipped the interview, and hoping my place goes to someone like you :) xx

Hi everyone thank for popping by, you word of encouragement and support mean so much.

YumyMumy thats so nice of you to give up your place for someone else, I hope you find where your heart lies soon.

Well on the diet front, i've went off track a few times this week by eating out a few times but i've made up for it by saving a few points on other days and with a few activity points. So i'll see what happens come monday, plus been slipping on the water front so need to nip that in the bud.
Got my bra today, its very pink but looks like it stops the bounce, so i'll try it out over the weekend with Davina ;).
Hope your having a good weekend everyone. x

Good luck for monday!Hopefully youll still get a little sneaky loss :) Keep us updated on your application x

I was going to post earlier that Aldi have really good sports bras (yes, I wouldn't have thought about there either....was in for my chocolate!!!) but you have one now so waste of time.

Might have a look at this Tae bo thing. Sounds interesting. xx

well done on the uni place u musta been so exciting!! i was like that when i got my scholarship so no how ya musta felt!

also have u tried the claire from steps dvd? its really good i think!! only bad thing is at first ur kinda going wtf is she doing now lol!! but def works...i was aching all day yes lol!!
i love tae bo!! def a work out and a half!! hope ur doing ok chic xxx

Back