♥ ~*~ Tanya's Diary No 3 ~*~ ♥

Oh I was telling you about a clinic months ago, I found the menu's from it and the food groups etc.. will chat to you when your online and send some info on to you if you want, it works really good, it is based on 800 kals but you up it then if you want to maintain rather than lose, there is certain veg you can have as much off and some you can only have on portion at day.. sure let me know when online and I will give you the detail around it...

Thanks Iris!!! :) :) :) You are a superstar ya know that! I've just seen the recipe for them bars on another thread and copied it! :rolleyes: I think i have honey in the cupboard so might give em a whirl and might add in some chopped almonds! Im getting bored of nutrigrain bars already! :eek:

whats this Tanya? sweet potatoe and harissa dip

Oh its gorgeous! Just tried looking for an image for you online but cant find one. It was from the sainsburys be good to youself range. It's got a kick as harissa is a chilli sauce/paste. But it was dead yummy! It was only 37calories for 1/4 of the pot too! :)

Oh I was telling you about a clinic months ago, I found the menu's from it and the food groups etc.. will chat to you when your online and send some info on to you if you want, it works really good, it is based on 800 kals but you up it then if you want to maintain rather than lose, there is certain veg you can have as much off and some you can only have on portion at day.. sure let me know when online and I will give you the detail around it...

I cant remember this nme but be interesting to have a read if you wouldnt mind :)

-------------------

So i had some extras in work, 2 yogurt go ahead bars (144cals) and when i got in the door from work some ham (70cals)

Now, for the calories of the yogurt bars and them ham i couldve had some galaxy chocolate, or a stick of twix or a packet of crisps.

I know im thinking totally the wrong way about calories but at times i cant get my head around it all. I feel a little lost at times when it comes to food. I mean, i know about it i know the bars and ham was better for me than chocolate or crisps but i still feel like i shouldve just had some chocolate!

Girls, help me change this flippin mindset of mine! lol

Tanya, the chocolate is only a quick sugar fix, and that fix soon wears off, at least yogurt is much better for you.

Just dont buy any chocolate Tanya, but if you do feel the need to have some, make sure its a dark chocolate, more cocoa and just have a couple of squares. You could even buy it and break it into 2 square pieces and freeze them individually, then just slowly suck them. Just a thought if you needed a chocolate fix.

Stay away from the crisps though hun, you know its just a trigger point and will send you over the edge.

Yep indeed mary - i try to avoid them but the odd packet always sneaks in at weekends! And what a brilliant idea about the chocolate!!!! I am soooo guna do that!! :D

Youve also just reminded me, i have frozen chopped up banana in my freezer!!!!!

Another tip I used to do while I was on WW was the medjula (sp) dates. These are the dates in the supermarkets, not the long thin packets we used to buy at Xmas, but they are bigger and plumper. They normally come in packs of about 8. If you freeze these in the pack, then just take one at a time from frozen, its like frozen toffee. I love nibbling on one of them with a cup of coffee, feels like a real treat.

Aaah here they are, MEDJOOL DATES.

medjool-dates.jpg

Ooooh, not too keen on dates but willing to give them a try if they taste like toffee from frozen! :giggle: where in the supermarket would i find them? xxx

Will be getting some of them on saturday! Can you just freeze them in the bag and will they come away easily from each other or will i have to freeze them individually? (or is that a stupid question?! lol) x

Not a stupid question at all - yeah, just freeze the whole pack then remove them individually, they just pull apart.

You should look up things that are a slow relase of energy, are you allowed eat at your desk? could you make a bowl of porraige with raison's and seeds?

Choc an all are empty calories and will make you more hungry then anyhow, better to get something good with same amount of cals that will fullfill you...

have a little tub with a few nuts and things like that just for a munch through out the night... or a bag of popcorn maybe? not sure how many cals in them?

I read somewhere to put chick peas in oven with some olive oil and chilli flakes and have them like a flavoured peanut.. think you let them go cold then so you could try things like that...

Loads of fruit too all chopped up with a yogurt over it and even a crushed meringue nest for something sweet..

I will do you up a copy of them menu's I was telling you about, think it was sometime last year so you prob dont know what i am talking about haha...

your doing great anyhow, well done x

mmm must have a look out for that when up in newry, we dont have a sainsbury's here.. :(

Oh its gorgeous! Just tried looking for an image for you online but cant find one. It was from the sainsburys be good to youself range. It's got a kick as harissa is a chilli sauce/paste. But it was dead yummy! It was only 37calories for 1/4 of the pot too! :)

mmm must have a look out for that when up in newry, we dont have a sainsbury's here.. :(

oh, like the sound of doing dates and freezing them!!!!!!! This is another wee tip I take away for when I finish the month :)

Oh, TAnya, dont get too hung up on things..you are doing so well - at the end of the day you are eating healthily and I think we do go through days/weeks where we kinda munch on things we shouldnt...it is learning to think like a thin person!!! mmm.......wish I knew how to do that :)

Just keep saying, healthy choices....AND this is one thing I always remember about DIETS (which I know I am on, but I am not, if you see what I mean)! You feel that you are depriving yourself ALL WEEK and then at weekends, treat yourself, as though there is a bad and good!

Mike Scott - the Diet Guy is great inspiration and he just eats what he wants, BUT in moderation AND if he feels he has gone over, he readjusts the next day or few days. It is all balance Tanya. There is nothing wrong with a small bar of choc now and again, so long as it is in our allowance and that it isnt becoming a bad habit! We need the moderation and I THINK, or HOPING that is the trick.

Nothing is EVER TABOO or BAD!!

Rant over :)

I reckon with all the suggestions over the past few days with snacks, etc you have enough to be going on with. You just need to relax now and enjoy!!

agree with Iris, a little of everything in moderation is no harm, it is prob actually much better as you dont feel deprived and tend not to go all out then when you feel your missing out on stuff..

Thats exactly how i feel Iris. I just can't get that mindset out of my head at the minute. But, i am sure it will happen. I just have to be patient :cool:

---------------------------

So, today was weigh in day. Was dreading it as I couldnt weigh in last week and had a bad weekend but am happy to report a 2lb loss!!!!! :D

Have now less than 1st to lose by august 5th! Finally, under that flippin stone mark! :giggle:

Thursday 20th May

B- 2 slices bread with thin scraping of utterly butterly (250cals) ... stupid me doesnt have any cereal left! :doh:

L- smoked river cobler (100cals)
wholemeal pitta bread (142cals)
salad (10cals)
sweetcorn (50cals)
vegetables (42cals)
lf salad cream (35cals)

*ww rasp yog (49cals)

D- apple (70cals)
nutrigrain bar (130cals)
melba toasts (72cals)

S- carrots (60cals) black pepper lf soft cheese loosened with sweet chilli sauce (80cals)
1 wafer caramel (134cals)
1 packet walkers crisp (180cals)
25g cheese (100cals)

*1 litre water
*1 glass pepsi max
*3 black coffee with sweetener

Total Cals = 1,504

Last edited:
You should look up things that are a slow relase of energy, are you allowed eat at your desk? could you make a bowl of porraige with raison's and seeds?

Choc an all are empty calories and will make you more hungry then anyhow, better to get something good with same amount of cals that will fullfill you...

have a little tub with a few nuts and things like that just for a munch through out the night... or a bag of popcorn maybe? not sure how many cals in them?

I read somewhere to put chick peas in oven with some olive oil and chilli flakes and have them like a flavoured peanut.. think you let them go cold then so you could try things like that...

Loads of fruit too all chopped up with a yogurt over it and even a crushed meringue nest for something sweet..

I will do you up a copy of them menu's I was telling you about, think it was sometime last year so you prob dont know what i am talking about haha...

your doing great anyhow, well done x

We can eat at our desks aslong as it doesnt require us to take our eyes off the screen and fingers off the keys ... things like sweets and crisps and nuts would be fine as thatll take a couple of seconds to pop in my mouth.

I like the idea of the chickpeas!! I might give that a try. Is is chicpeas from the tin? or dried ones?

Well done on the loss Tanya - what a great boost, especially with the weekend coming up. Keep strong over the weekend chick, you will soon have the few lbs off chick.

Menu is looking a LOT better today. Just one more little thing though, is perhaps you could add a yogurt into your daily menu, just for the little extra bit of calcium. (not nagging lol)

Thats exactly how i feel Iris. I just can't get that mindset out of my head at the minute. But, i am sure it will happen. I just have to be patient :cool:

---------------------------

So, today was weigh in day. Was dreading it as I couldnt weigh in last week and had a bad weekend but am happy to report a 2lb loss!!!!! :D

Have now less than 1st to lose by august 5th! Finally, under that flippin stone mark! :giggle:

Thursday 20th May

B- 2 slices bread with thin scraping of utterly butterly (250cals) ... stupid me doesnt have any cereal left! :doh:

L- smoked river cobler with wholemeal pitta bread & salad. Bowl of cooked vegetables.

D- apple (70cals)
nutrigrain bar (130)
melba toasts with ham

S- carrots (60cals) black pepper lf soft cheese loosened with sweet chilli sauce (80cals)
1 wafer caramel (134cals)

*1 litre water
*1 glass pepsi max
*3 black coffee with sweetener

Tanya, mindset is the hardest thing ever! Just think though how far you have come so far....would you have ever eaten what you eat now, say a few years ago???? Your mindset HAS CHANGED! I see a difference from last year. This isnt an easy task either when you have learnt one way and then having to do something totally alien in some ways.

WELL DONE ON YOUR LOSS!!! WAW...I am so pleased for you, and you have under a stone to lose now..pleased, so pleased for you...so, you are doing something right.

I wouldnt really worry that you had bread instead of cereal! Yes, bread is carbs, but dont fear them, plus there is probably just as much, if not more in cereal, so the fact you had something is good and you werent starving! Mindset thing again :D

Hope you have a good weekend, and just remember, nothing is taboo....have what you fancy, but just relax and dont go overboard.

Back