♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Got home from work and had another baby beetroot & 1/2 slice of wm bread with a tsp of pickle on it. Was so hungry yesterday!! So total cals were 1,323.

Today, run was ok. 4miles in 46:17. Pace of 11:34p/mile. Not too bad. First 2miles were great, 1 walking stop at the 2mile mark then a further 2walking stops in the 2miles home. With little stops at crossings etc for cars :mad: (inconsiderates!!)

I really want my pace to be 11mins p/mile by the 1/2 marathon. I've 26weeks to get this so :fingerscrossed: I can do it by then. I got a pace of 10:27 in the 10k so there really is no reason why I can't get an 11min pace for a 1/2 marathon!

Thursday 24th November (run)

B- porridge 287
Oj 94

L- chicken breast, carrots, butterbeans, jar tomatoe sauce 210
Cous cous 237
Yog 78

*baby beetroot 49
*options mint hot choc 38

D- mrb 215
Banana 100
2jaffa cakes 92

Total = 1,400

Last edited:
Well done on the running. Food looks great too. I love beetroot!

Well done Tan- you seem on a roll atm! Don't worry about the little picks as long as they don't turn into anything major.

So focused as always Tan!! Food looks lovely except for the butter beans :( I tried them for the first time last week..............I am not a fan!!

I don't mind butter beans now and again but I can't stand broad beans - yuck!

Looking good again Tan - I'm positive you can get the pace you want for the half marathon :D xx

You don't like broad beans?! :eek: I could eat them till they came outta my ears!

I've not met anyone yet that shares my love of butter beans lol

Oh, just had 2jaffa cakes. That takes me to 1,400 cals today my upper limit. I feel a little naughty but I'm thinking the run must've burnt about 400 so I'm still well under.

Last edited:
My mum shares your love of butter beans! Absolutely!!

You will get those run times that you want Tanya, you have plenty of time and like you said, you did it before so you will do it again.

Me, me,me!!!!!!!! I love butter beans mashed with a little butter make a great gl substitute for mash!
I love all beans. I never eat them before i found GL but there is so much choice and many ways to have them.

I also love butter beans, not so much the way you are eating them with a dinner, but I love to put them into my soups. I buy the dried ones, soak them overnight, then shove a cup full into my broth etc, I love it.

Glad i'm not the only one then :p

Todays weigh in ... +1lb. I'm ok with that, I expected more. Now at 12st 8&3/4lbs. I want to get to 11s10lbs so that means losing 12&3/4lbs :fingerscrossed: in 7weeks. Can't see it happening with christmas & the alcohol that will be consumed but if I can get nearer the 12st mark i'll be v.happy. Next weigh in will be the 9th.

I sat and thought last night in work about my calories. I really am cutting them by alot and the past 2 nights i've been getting quite hungry come 4/5am. So i'm thinking of upping them from next week. Nothing drastic but instead of 1,200-1,400 maybe try and stick to atleast 1,300-1,500. The higher end on days I run to hopefully help with the hunger in the late night. Think its time my body had a bit of change to calories in the week anyways, good for a change now and again :p i might introduce a snack before going to work so that I have my dinner later on in work around 4/5am. This might help solve it too.

Friday 25th November (shift this evening)

B- 2x wm toast 190
Butter 120
Oj 94

*cadbury mint cake bar 150

L- chicken breast, carrots, butterbeans, tom sauce 210
Cous cous 237
cheese 120
bbq sauce 30

*2chunks of dairymilk caramel 70

D- jordans bar 145
banana 100

Total = 1,466

Last edited:
I think you are right to adjust your cals. It sometimes helps to mix it up a little. You're so right about what you can achieve by Christmas. If you can lose a few pounds, then great, but otherwise just be happy to hold your own. 2012 can bring renewed efforts to get back to your ideal weight.
I hope the extra cals leave you feeling less hungry. Just a thought, are you having enough water the days you feel hungry? I know, with me, it is usually my problem.

Good plan on changing the calories, might just be the kick your body needs, it can get into a comfort zone and maybe this is just the kick up the butt your body needs Tanya. With all the exercise you do, I cant see it hurting.

Do you really need to lose much weight Tanya, what height are you?

Good plan re the calories. Hope you're enjoying your shift :) x

Yeah Molly I drink at least 2litres a day :)

5'2/5'3 Mary. I'd like to lose the 12lbs just to feel more comfortable. I feel comfortable now but I'd be more comfortable there where I was when I finished TFR iykwim.

Shift was good thanks.

Couple edits to todays menu. Total cals now 1,466. No time like the present to up the cals ... just wish it wasnt done with junk! :doh: lol

Last edited:
Tell me about it! :( x

Back aboard ;)

Got a shift today, its meant to be a 03:00 finish but i'm going to ask to finish at 01:00. They're always pretty good and ask me what time i'm working till so should be ok. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get my last 3 traffic points then i'll be out of my PDP in december!!!!

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :cross: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Run tomorrow and me and my brother have decided to run together with no music. Going to be different, think he'll need it as he's going out tonight, prob not the wisest idea but boys will be boys! Aiming for 33mins which is a little under my average pace but I wont be too disapointed if I don't get it.

Added poached eggs to breakfast and changed pots with dinner to cous cous.

Saturday 26th November (shift)

B- 2x wm toast 190
2x poached eggs 120
hp sauce 30
ketchup 30

*brunch bar 150

L/D – Chicken breast, carrots, butterbeans, tom sauce 210
Cous cous 237
Banana 100
Yog 78

*glass of red when home 170

Total = 1,315

Good luck for the run minus the music..........why have you come to that decision? I would have thought it would pass the time when you have something to listen to. Or do you plan on talking as you run with your Brother? I would be too out of breath for that :)

Good idea to finish earlier if you can. Hope you get those points :fingerscrossed:

Enjoy your shift and have a great run tomorrow. I don't know about other runs but I know for the London marathon it's not a good idea to cut yourself off with music because it's the crowds and the atmosphere that get you through it. I guess if you're running with someone else it's nice to be with them instead of your own little world .... but what do I know?? ;) :D xx

It'll be nice to run the race with James. I will have my music with me incase don't worry :) James is on the alcohol tonight he'll probably have a hangover tomorrow and won't be actually interested the run so might end up doing it on my own after all.

Shifts ok so far. Just on meal break, I'm starving! I had my dinner then bought a freddo bar :sigh:

Yet again, the flippin weekend!! :doh:

Back