♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Sounds like a plan :D xx

You sound really sorted! It's great when you can feel organised...Life and diet wise lol. I'm interested to know what you think of the Jordan's bars? I need to buy some sort of oaty cereal bar type thing and I have NO idea which ones to go for! There are so so so many. Xx

Well done on the run, pics look like u had fun :) x x

Week ahead menu plan :)
Tuesday 29th November

B- bitesize shredded wheat 174
s.s milk 75

L- pasta 237
Chicken 111
Lettuce 10
Cherry toms 10
Red onion 5
Elf mayo 24
(guna mix all that together so a pasta salad bowl)
Salsa on top 42
Yog 74

*potatoe salad 150
*options hot choc 39

D- jordans bar 161
s.chilli cassava snacks 76
banana 100
Total = 1,288

Wednesday 30th November

B- 2x wm toast 190
2eggs scrambled 180
Hp sauce 30
L- healthy living lasagne 405
Broccoli 40
Sprouts 32
Yog 48

*s.chilli cassava snacks 76
*options hot choc 40

D- mrb 215
2x clemintines 50
Total = 1,306

Thursday 1st December

s.s milk 75
*advent chocolate 42

L- pasta 158
Chicken 169
Lettuce 10
Cherry toms 10
Red onion 5
Elf mayo 24
Salsa on top 42
Yog 48

*s.chilli cassava snacks 76
*choc n oat bar 104
*options hot choc 38

D- mrb 215
2x satsumas 50
Chicken & veg cuppasoup 78
Total = 1,318

Friday 2nd December (shift)

B- 2x wm toast 210
Butter 120
*advent choc 42

*banana 100

L- pasta 158
Chicken 169
Lettuce 10
Cherry toms 10
Red onion 5
Elf mayo 24
Salsa on top 42
Yog 48

D- s.chilli cassava snacks 76
Jordans bar 145
Choc n oat bar 104
Options hot choc 38
Total = 1,301

Saturday 3rd December (night out)

B- 2x wm toast 210
Butter 120
*advent choc 42

L/D- 4 cream crackers 128
2boiled eggs 180
Elf mayo 12
Pickled onions 20
Cherry toms 10
choc n oat bar 104

*wine 530
*other out – will have to update that one
s.total = 1,432

Sunday 4th December (day ‘off’)

B- 2x wm toast 190
2x poached eggs 180
Hp & ketchup 60

L/D – Chinese takeaway :drool:

Last edited:
Emma i quite like the jordans bars. I think they're quite an odd taste though for what they are but they are ok. I only buy stuff like that when it's on offer though as otherwise they're just too expensive to be buying every week.

Week ahead menu done :)
Introducing pasta again. I hope this doesnt affect my weight too much. I've counted for 150g cooked weight - which seems like alot with only 1/2 of a chicken breast. If I feel its too stodgy i'll cut the pasta & have more meat. (edit: infact, thats what i'm going to do considering i'm not running this week so off to edit the menus now - done!)

Today was ok though, I feel nicely full on it. Still struggling to get to 1,300 calories a day. Honestly, I don't get it lol Maybe I should have wine everyday?! that'll help lol :p

Pot salad tonight cuz its in the fridge and needs using up and its a nice little calorie bump for today lol

Tuesday 29th November

s.s milk 75

L- pasta 237
Chicken 111
Lettuce 10
Cherry toms 10
Red onion 5
Elf mayo 24
Salsa on top 42
Yog 74

*potatoe salad 150
*options hot choc 39

D- jordans bar 161
banana 100
Total = 1,288

Last edited:
Wine every day??? Sounds like a plan ... one that'd work for me anyhoo ;) :giggle: xxx

Your menu's sound really great! Very organised. Thanks for the info! I'll see what's around/on offer when I go shopping. I'm attempting to follow a low gi/gl plan so I'd like to find some that fit in with that :) Hope you have a good week! Xx

Wine everyday would be good wouldn't it! Haha X

Low GI Emma maybe Irish Molly will be along to suggest something in a minute as I'm not sure of the Jordan's bars are GI friendly. x

Thank you for all your wonderful help! xx

Looking good Tanya. The menus are all sorted, good for you. Planning is great to keep us focussed.

EJ, watch carefully when choosing bars if you are following low GL. Read the labels carefully and look for hidden sugars. Anything ending in "ose" is usually sugar. Many of the "healthy" bars are full of hidden sugars.
I find the Nakd range of bars great. These are simply various fruits and oats mashed together, so very little processing is taking place. Carman's do a great low GL muesli bar range. Nairns biscuits make an acceptable low GL treat too. But don't forget you can always have a little chocolate or a fav bar, just don't do it too often!

It was ok Mary. Dragged a bit. Going in early again tonight but just an hour. That means only 3more hours to rack up then I can book the 2days off in feb I need!!

I have adjusted my 8 week challenge. My end date will now be the 20th Jan and my 1/2 training will get down to business on the 24th.

On the 20th I will have those pesky 12lbs shifted, I will be on constant steady 5milers 3x a week and I will be ready & prepared with my 1/2 training plan.

You heard it here first ladies!
Now, just to struggle through the Christmas naughties & alcohol without causing too much damage! :sigh:

Loving your determination, focus and planning at the mo Tan .... in just a few days it'll be a year since we met ... hard to believe xx

I am pretty pleased to have the extra shift tomorrow too Tanya, thats me got 3 in the bag and I just need one more to have 4 days off in March to go to the Mull of Kintyre to visit friends.

You seem really motivated and focused at the moment, just try and not get too involved in all the festivities and I am sure you can limit any damage and the 12lb goal will be all the closer.

Wow almost a year!!! Can remember how excited/nervous I was this time last year! Lol

Ooh good going Mary :) were both almost there.

I feel Im looking really fat in the belly lately. It looks much much bigger even though I'm only 1lb up. It's making me v.self concious so planning is keeping me focused - I have to shift these 12lbs. No question about it!:D

Well done on your run Tanya and the pics are great. You seem very organised and determined lately, long may it last. You are so good when it comes to planning and sticking to it. You'll get those 12lbs off, no doubts.

Do you think its the carbs causing the bloatedness? I definitely get bloated if I have too many starchy carbs, especially white rice.

Nup, not that Mary, the boobies are sore today so totm is on its way :(

Went for a walk today. My 2mile running route plus a little bit and then wondered around sainsburys. Went there just for bread but ended up buying cuppasoups, geobars, cream crackers, shampoo, conditioner & the bread! :eek: lol

I was just over an hour walking. Helped elivate some of the runners guilt I feel this week.

Got an advent calender again this year, i've just worked out that they are 42calories per chocolate so that'll bump the cals up a bit too. And now that work is beginning to get cold i'll be taking my mug for my cuppa soups :p Got to go edit the menus to add them in and the bread is different so more calories per slice!

Wednesday 30th November

B- 2x wm toast 190
2eggs scrambled 180
Hp sauce 30

L- healthy choices lasagne 405
Broccoli 40
Sprouts 32
Yog 48

*options hot choc 40
*s.chilli casava snacks 76

D- chicken noodle cuppa soup 43
mrb 215