♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Hi tayna, what's body pump like? They have it at my gym and I'm thinking of going x

Well done on the run despite your bad sleep and your new PB :)

Food looking fantastic!

Hope you're enjoying your shift :D xx

Thanks Jan. Shift was v.v.quiet last night!
I was a little annoyed that all the regs seemed to do was complain that they were there despite some of them getting paid double time for it. :mad: It really annoys me when I come across someone like that.

Sarah, Body Pump is amazing - I love it! I think my inch losses are down to that as it really starts to tone you. Its all about lighter weights but alot of reps. The guy taking the class the other day said on average there are around 800reps with the weights per class. Give it a go :)

Today i'm out for lunch with a friend then this evening out with other friends to a house warming and then probably onto town.

Sat 7th April
B- toast & butter 123
Quavers 88
L/D- wetherspoons: skinny chicken burger with salad 613
*margarita pitcher
*bottle budweiser
*1.5bottles wine
*2double vodka & d.cokes
Total = 2,304 (guesstimate of 400 for the pitcher)

Last edited:
It's annoying when you hear people talking like that isn't it?? Especially when you'd give your right arm for their job!!

Sounds like a lovely day - hope you enjoyed :):) xx

Have updated saturdays drinks. Guesstimated the pitcher at 400cals. The rest I know the cals of.

Have to say Jan, the section weren't much better last night either. The sarge was fine but the others just werent.
I guess i'm going to come across that - people that don't really want to make an effort with you and can't understand why an earth we are there!!! :sigh: Nevermind!

Ripped my trousers last night whilst working. Good job I had black pants on and not bright pink or something! lol

Food wasnt too good yesterday. Though I did get up and do a 5mile run and then body pump :) Have to admit, the run was hell. I couldnt eat anything when I got up but forced a banana down. So I wasnt fueled properly. The devil hill beat me. I was dehydrated. The two girls I was with were faster than me so were ahead the whole way so I didn't have my music. But, atleast I did it!

Sundays run:
5.00mi
56:15mins
11:15avg pace
674cals burnt
+1hr body pump

Sun 8th April
B- banana 100
L- 2x wm bread 166
Ham 40
Mustard 30
Quavers 88
Dairy milk caramel egg 195
*chunk of kit kat chunky 70
*monster munch 109
D- ww wedges & chilli 386
*crème egg 180
*2x mini galaxy caramel eggs 116
*milky bar 69
*slice of ham 20
Total = 1,569
Burnt = 674
net = 895

Today I had a lie in. Sooooo needed. I've hardly had any sleep these past 3days and now I have a right beaut of a spot on my face. Its huge!! Got nothing planned for today. I'm even missing spin again. I just don't have the energy. Monday phys will resume next week.

Mon 9th April
B- 2x bread (white) 226
jam 37
butter 30
*biscuit 79
*shortbread 120
*dark choc square 40
*quavers 88
*2x breadsticks & dip 100

*red wine 510
*3double v&c's 306

Total = 1,536

Last edited:
Tanya I think your are such a fantastic inspiration!! I don't know how you manage all your work and running and exercise....
I know I couldn't do a run after drinking the night before - I'm taking a leaf out of your book - starting tomorrow :)

Sounds as though you've had a busy few days. Well done on getting your new PBs on your run though, good for you. Not long til that half marathon now, my daughter's wedding was 8 weeks on Sunday so the same for you!

Your training is going so fabulously. Well done Tanya. Your efforts must inspire other young girls to get their trainers on!!

Tanya I think your are such a fantastic inspiration!! I don't know how you manage all your work and running and exercise....
I know I couldn't do a run after drinking the night before - I'm taking a leaf out of your book - starting tomorrow :)
Aww thanks! How did you get on with starting?

Sounds as though you've had a busy few days. Well done on getting your new PBs on your run though, good for you. Not long til that half marathon now, my daughter's wedding was 8 weeks on Sunday so the same for you!
Thanks. Not long at all now is it!! :D

Your training is going so fabulously. Well done Tanya. Your efforts must inspire other young girls to get their trainers on!!
Thankyou, i'm really enjoying my training right now :)

--------------------------------------------------------

Didn't get on yesterday as I got up and had to get shopping and then go in for a shift. But yesterdays food was:

Tue 10th April
B- 3x bread 174
p.butter 121
jam 37
L- 1/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] pasty 183
¼ pie 120
Bgty cheddar & onion snacks 95
Square dark choc 40
D- chicken breast 169
Rice 170
Peas 68
Lettuce, cucumber, salsa 50
Yog 95
Crunchie 185
Work- banana 100
Total = 1,607

Today was long run day. Decided last night that I was going to run a different route as i'm getting bored of my usual. So decided to run from my house towards the barbican and hoe and see how far 4.5miles is then turn around and head back. It was lush out. My run took me all through the barbican and all the way along the sea front to the ferry port and then back along the way I came. Little gutted I didnt take my phone as I couldve got some really nice pictures today.

My run felt good. Think I was a little off balance as got towards the last 0.5miles and my left ankle and hip started to hurt. I don't think its anything serious, probably just the uneven pavements I ran on. Iced the ankle straight away though.

I finally cracked the 11min a mile barrier today for a long run. It felt AMAZING!!! That sub 2:30 plymouth half IS mine! I'm sure that I ran most of the route today too that the new plymouth half goes on. The only thing left to conquer, which will be hit and miss on the day is the devil hill in saltram!

Todays run:

9.00mi
1:38:42
10:58avg pace
1,261cals burnt

Wed 11th April - run
B- 3x toast 174
Jam 114
Oj 85
*banana 100
*bgty cheddar & onion snacks 95
L- salmon fillet 270
Rice 170
Boiled egg 70
Lettuce, cucumber, tom, mushrooms, onion 40
*strawberries, Satsuma & mul light 205
D- ham, lettuce, mustard wrap 233
Satsuma 50
Total = 1,606
burnt = 1,261
net = 345

Last edited:
Forgot, here is the rest of the weeks plan:

Thur 12[SUP]th[/SUP] April
B- 2x toast 116
2x eggs, scrambled 145
Mushrooms 10
Ketchup 30
Oj 85
L- tuna 143
Rice 204
Lettuce, cucumber, tom, mushrooms, onion 40
*strawberries, Satsuma & nat yog 211
*ice cream pot 210
D- ham, lettuce & mustard wrap 233
Sunbites 120
Satsuma 50
Total = 1,597

Fri 13[SUP]th[/SUP] April – run & pump
B- 2x toast 200
Jam 114
Oj 85
*banana 100
L- chicken 169
Rice 204
Lettuce, cucumber, tom & onion 25
Boiled egg 70
*strawberries, Satsuma & nat yog 211
D- ham, lettuce & elf mayo wrap 237
Sunbites 120
Satsuma 50
Total = 1,585

Sat 14[SUP]th[/SUP] April – shift
B- 2x toast 200
Peanut butter 121
Jam 57
Oj 85
L/D- tuna 143
Rice 204
Boiled egg 70
Lettuce, cucumber, tom, onion 25
Sunbites 120
Banana 100
strawberries 60
Satsuma 50
Yog 95
Total = 1,330

Sun 15[SUP]th[/SUP] April – body step & body pump
B- 2x toast 200
Jam 114
*banana 100
L/D- either going out somewhere or i’ll cook chicken wrapped in bacon & bbq sauce with wedges & veg. Will update.

There's just no stopping you at the moment is there girl??!! I'm glad you're finding the exercise so rewarding. Well done on cracking the 11mins :) Hope the ankle/hip was just what you thought and nothing serious.
Doing loads of shifts too! Go you! Sod the miseries who are around when you're there - that's their problem!
Bummer not getting enough sleep though - you'll have to watch that one :( .... how's your other head? (The one you were growing the other day ;)) xx

hahaa My other head is gone now - I had to pop it - it was like another face on my face!!! :eek:
Hip and ankle are fine today, thankfully.

There was a little stopping me today. Weigh in was a 2lb gain and no inches lost :cry:
Naturally, gutted.
My only conclusion is that the 3nights out of 14 on the alcohol resulted in that or that my totm is due.

I now have 14.5lbs to get to my goal and only 7weeks to do it. I doubt very much I will get there before the Plymouth half but i'm determined to get as close as possible. 10lbs would be nice :fingerscrossed:

Either way. I'm now off the alcohol untill the 29th.
Eating clean & healthy - especially after tonights blip.
Sunday we wont be going out for food now and they'll defo be no drinks. I'll be cooking and changing my training plan to try and include some HIIT training.

I'm determined, in two weeks time I want another 4lbs loss :fingerscrossed: it's doable, I know it is.

Today, had a bit of a blip with a bit of a munch with 1/2 a creme egg, shortbread & a mouthful of cake. How i've stopped and not gone for the crisp I do not know! Though I am tempted to take a packet to work with me and just get them out of my system :rolleyes:
Had about 400mls of diet coke though which curbed my binge head. A trick for the future ;)

Thur 12th April
B- 2x toast 116
2x eggs scrambled 145
mushrooms 10
oj 85
*1/2 creme egg 90
*shortbread 120
*mouthful of cake 50
*diet coke 6
L- tuna 143
rice 204
lettuce, cucumber, tomato, mushroom, onion 40
*strawberries 60
*yog 95
*sunbites 120
D- ham, lettuce, elf mayo wrap 237
Total = 1,521

Last edited:
Ooops! Sorry about the gain - it may well be just a blip though! So we're both on the wagon for a few weeks .. Go Us! xx

Stick to your plan and you can lose most of those pounds in time Tanya. Shame about the gain though, you work so hard through the week to control things.

I'm liking your positivity despite the little gain. You're right, it is doable to knock ten pounds off over seven weeks. Even if you don't , your shape will definitely change with the intense fitness regime.
I agree that alcohol is the hard one to manage. It is converted straight to fat storage. In a weightloss phase, all alcohol should be avoided for best results. But, when you do fancy a drink why not try some white wine spritzers. It makes a long drink, has fewer cals and might satisfy you.
Have a good weekend.

You seem to be doing as well as ever Tan! I love your positive posts on FB :) Good luck with the no alcohol, I havent had a drink since November (for obvious reasons ha!) but I actually dont miss it now x

Thanks girls.
My body shape has changed so much already since I started the classes. My waist so much more defined now!

Today's run was hell. My calves were on fire for 3/4's of the run. It was horrible!

4.5mi
50:11mins
11:09avg pace
622cals burnt

+1hr body pump

Friday 13th April - run & body pump
B- muesli 223
Oj 85
*banana 100
L- tuna 143
Rice 204
Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion 25
Sweetcorn 55
Beetroot 50
Boiled egg 70
*strawberries, satsuma & nat yog 211
*biscuit 56
D- ham, lettuce, bbq sauce wrap 253
Sunbites 120
Total = 1,595
burnt = 622
net = 973

Last edited:
Shift was ok yesterday. Got off an hour late. Blaming my colleage for that one, he said the Q word :doh:

Saturday 14th April
B- 2x toast 180
p.butter 121
jam 57
oj 85
*skips 90
L/D- chicken 169
rice 204
lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, sweetcorn 80
banana 100
satsuma 50
alpen 70
freddo 95
cashews 183
Total = 1,484

Did body step & body pump today. New releases which means the routines have changed. Step was very intense and full on. Lots of high heart rate stepping and jumping. It was brilliant. Pump was awesome too. I managed to squat with 15kg - I usually have a 5kg & a 1kg on each end of the bar and today was an extra 3kg - thanks to the instructor! He said wheres your 2.5's? and my reply was I got the 1s but he wasnt having it and told me to put the 2.5s on. Glad I did. Was good to push myself. My thighs are a little dead now though.

I wish I could know how many calories I burnt during those two hours! I reckon its a good 1000!

Sunday 15th April
1hr body step & 1hr body pump
B- 2x toast 180
jam 114
oj 85
*banana 100
L- chicken 169
baby boiled pots 107
lettuce, cucumber, tom, sweetcorn, mushrooms 55
bbq sauce 30
*icecream pot 200
D- toast 90
butter 120
sunbites 120
olives 50
goats cheese 120(ish)
Total = 1,540

Last edited:
LOL! That Q word .... always the kiss of death!

Glad you're enjoying all the exercise ... can't quite perceive it myself but that's coz I'm such a lazy mare. ;) You so deserve to be dropping lbs like crazy!! xx

After all the hard work you put in, how you aren't losing loads of pounds is a total mystery!!

Keep up all the hard work though, it's obviously paying off shape wise!

Back