1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade!!

mia_angel said:
Ive just checked it is greaseproof paper, maybe i didnt let it cool down enough?

:booboo:
Oops sorry I got it the wrong way round too.
Mine is brown baking parchment but also it can be called baking paper. On the back of the packaging it states that it is ideal for fat free baking & siliconised on both sides for easy release. It also states that there is no need to grease.

When I had greaseproof paper which was like tracing paper it stuck.

I can remove mine when my Swiss roll is hot or indeed cold

Hope that helps

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I made this too it's amazing......

K Dee said:
I made this too it's amazing......

Really- does it taste like Swiss roll??

Kx

It is really nice, i put some jam in mine and had it with spray cream...delish! Lemon essence is so nice, and takes away the egginess

1/2 syn fruit roulade

Flipping fantastic, our little group of Muffin Tops had this for lunch today, I had 2 helpings. Definately going to try the other versions of it, chocolate sponge and rasberries would be yummy. :p

When I make this , instead of putting the entire mix into a flat tin , I have some some silicon cake moulds , I cook them in those and pop them out as smaller cakes , you dont have to have it as one big slab.

I also have cooked it with frut popped in the mixture before the oven, so it cooks like a fruit cake.

I like the idea of different flavourings

does anyne have a spicy apple recipe thats low in syn

Made this twice now, one with a chocolate and strawberry filling and the other with a quark lemon filling both very lovely. Highly recommend to everyone.

I cooked this for a friends birthday and she loved it. I added muller vanilla with chocolate to the quark and raspberries. And served with more raspberries and strawberries. We got 5 massive slices out of it. Yum yum

Well I have saved this thread and been keeping an eye on it, but have been dubious to how good it would be.

Just made it for dessert and ...... its gone. The kids absolutely loved it too.

I made a strawberry vanilla one .

Mine did stick to the paper so I will be spraying the paper next time .

Thought I'd do a Chocolate orange one mmmmm

Kx

Attachments

• image-2143781553.jpg
    image-2143781553.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 373
Just tried making this with Greek yoghurt and it worked fine. Used approx 100g Greek yogurt in the cake along with orange essence. Also upped the number of tablespoons of sweetener to 6.

Filling is Greek yoghurt, chocolate orange options and raspberries. It tastes fab!!!

missemma said:

How do you get the top to be so evenly brown? Mine doesn't do that at all :(

Kx

I've made this a few times now using different flavour fillings, it's really lovely. I'm going to make a chocolate one for Easter.

K Dee said:
I've made this a few times now using different flavour fillings, it's really lovely. I'm going to make a chocolate one for Easter.

Hi KDee
I made a choc one using a sachet of choc options - chocolate fudge- but it wasn't chocolately enough - so would suggest 2 sachets or cocoa or chocolate essence

Kx

OMG the roulade so was good filled with vanilla flavored sweetened quark and blackberries. May have to make another tonight.

Made another one last night although i added 28g of cocoa powder to the roulade mix and filled with sweetened quark and raspberries . This made the syn values for the whole roulade 5 but it was amazing.

Back