Lemon juice is free , whereas orange juice is synned , so nope lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well as I said it was only a suggestion-maybe PM the person who posted it then

Welshtigger said:
Well as I said it was only a suggestion-maybe PM the person who posted it then

I thought I did? I kinda wanted their recipe. Not to worry Welshtigger ;)

Kx

Kwise1 said:
I thought I did? I kinda wanted their recipe. Not to worry Welshtigger ;)

Kx

Well I obviously can't see if you've PM'd someone can I!! Lol! Surely you could adapt the recipe to make a low syn orange version, just use the lemon recipe and substitute lemon for orange and syn accordingly :)

Welshtigger said:
Well I obviously can't see if you've PM'd someone can I!! Lol! Surely you could adapt the recipe to make a low syn orange version, just use the lemon recipe and substitute lemon for orange and syn accordingly :)

Sorry thought PM was posted a message - doh!!
It's hot here- that's my excuse anyway - lol

Kx

me too, just made it and it looks amazing, cant wait to tuck into it after dinner this evening, yummy!:)

I decided to give this a go today- had loads of strawberries and had managed to get quark at the weekend:cool: made it no problem- didn't add baking powder.
When it came to filling added quark and drop strawberry essence and little sweetner. Was very artifical- so added some greek yog- to try and tone it down-added some chopped strawberries. Filled the roulade. Was very yogurty and artifically sweet.
So I made up some sugar free jelly and poured over it!!! Added a little low fat custard- was a lovely trifle for 3.5 - 4 syns for a big serving!! Happy days!!:D Now I def will try to make the syn free custard!!! Guess what's on the menu again tomorrow.:clap: Thank you!!

Made this again today but with a belgium choc options in the mix and filled it ( sparingly) with a tablespoon of nutella... We shall be having half each with a syn of squirty cream for a fathers day dessert :) total: 4 and a half (ish, including cream) syns each :)

Also as an after thought I added a bit of nutella to quark and it was actually yummy so next time i will use this as a filling... Yum!!

I find the filling too quarky so mix 1/2 quark with 1/2 greek yog, little sweetner and drop of vanilla essence (I think it tastes a little like dream topping !!)

I often make it with stewed rhubarb (1/2 syn for 198g) and is delish.

some other fab fillings on here will be giving them a go

thanks guys

I made it and thought "rolled up omlette" lol. But I do like the filling (quark, greek yog, essence and splenda) as a topping to fruit.

888sally888 said:
I made it and thought "rolled up omlette" lol. But I do like the filling (quark, greek yog, essence and splenda) as a topping to fruit.

Yeah filling is lovely! To be honest if I think of it as a crepe it all tastes v yummy but it really isn't a sponge lol. I should have whisked it all for 10+ mins as I do with the 10 Syn cake, will do that next time!

Tried something different yesterday
Added almond essence instead of vanilla (but not enough !!) and made it into a flan, then filled it with Quark mixed with white choc options, fresh cherries and a meringue on top.

going to try it like this with sw syn free lemon curd as a lemon meringue pie !!

I am a great fan of this, make it most weekends. xxx

Tried something different yesterday
Added almond essence instead of vanilla (but not enough !!) and made it into a flan, then filled it with Quark mixed with white choc options, fresh cherries and a meringue on top.

going to try it like this with sw syn free lemon curd as a lemon meringue pie !!

OMG RoobyC
that sounds delicious, Im going to have a go at this I think, How did yours taste in the end, did it turn out fab?:)

It needed a lot more almond essence in the base and not sure the meringue added anything, but apart from that, yes it was yummy.

Think I might try it with SW lemon curd tonight - will post back here later with the verdict !!

Back