1 syn Corned Beef Pasty

I should be OK for lunch the next day but I wouldn't have thought they would stay crispy, although not sure how soft they'd be. I think that would depend on how wet the filling is.

Denise

if i cook this tonight will it be ok for tomorrows lunch or will it go soggy
thanks

mine were fine. they don't stay crispy but I had one cold yesterday. I waited for it to cool and wrapped it in tin foil in the fridge. It was lovely . The cheese one was even better cold :D

Got this cooking now smells yum!

Just told my auntie about it, she hates corned beef.but asks....

A....how can this b done with mince? And
B....what's the recipe that people have used for a cheese version?

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

I see no reason not to use mince but she may need a little extra swede onion mix as would be drier :)

the cheese and onion that I had a go at was

potato diced - 2 medium pototoes
onion diced (1 small onion)
HEXA of cheddar
1/2 a knorr stock pot

cook the diced onion and potato in the stock with a wee bit of water in microwave. mash with fork add cheese, stuff pitta and brush with egg bake in the oven. This was absolutely delicious too

this mix made 2 pasties :)

Last edited:
Fab.....many,thanks :)

I just had my first.cornish pasty for dinner and oh my word I'm stunned at how nice it was. In fact, I actually enjoyed it more that the last real cornish pasty I had! Go figure!

Fab.....many,thanks :)

I just had my first.cornish pasty for dinner and oh my word I'm stunned at how nice it was. In fact, I actually enjoyed it more that the last real cornish pasty I had! Go figure!

I loved them too. A fab main meal or lunch. I had mine cold the following day too and they were just as delicious. would most definately make them again :)

Oh dear. Just found this thread and I'm drooling. :drool:

I'm gonna have to try these. Corned beef AND the cheese variety!

The only problem is I can't get Co-op or Asda pitta's here. So now comes the crunch. Do I syn an Iceland one at a whopping 7 syns? Or apply a "tweak" and say "stuff it" (very apt) and just "pretend" it's an Asda one and still class it as a HexB?

Decisions, decisions. To syn or not to syn? To cheat or not to cheat? :sigh:
That is the question.

Or should my syns be cheating ? :D

Got this cooking now smells yum!

Just told my auntie about it, she hates corned beef.but asks....

A....how can this b done with mince? And
B....what's the recipe that people have used for a cheese version?

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

For the mince version, I would say 'dry' fry about 50 - 100g extra lean mince and enough onion as per choice, per pitta.

Boil double the quantity of swede and carrott, including potato if doing extra easy and mix together and season well.

Fill the pitta , and brush with the beaten egg and cook at about 200c until crispy and brown.

Not sure of the cheese & onion recipe, but Jackie N has made some, so perhaps she can post that ;)

having one of these for my dinner but have used minced beef, had some made up n the freezer so defrosted it and let all the gravy drain off and its in the oven
if it turns out ok will do another one for my lunch tomorrow

I did the corned beef pasty and added a few splashes of worcester sauce and loads of black pepper. They were amazing :)

Thanks ever so much for recipe - you have inspired me to make cheese n onions ones and cornish ones too - was even thinking of steak and mushroom too.......the possibilities are endless!!

I did the corned beef pasty and added a few splashes of worcester sauce and loads of black pepper. They were amazing :)

Thanks ever so much for recipe - you have inspired me to make cheese n onions ones and cornish ones too - was even thinking of steak and mushroom too.......the possibilities are endless!!

So glad that you enjoyed it!

Oooooh Steak and Mushroom, now you've got me thinking, and in pepper sauce!

Back