1 syn Corned Beef Pasty

Ohh how would you do the pepper sauce?

Using mined beef would it not be quite a dry mix? Or are people adding some gravy?

Ohh how would you do the pepper sauce?

I would use my favourite recipe that can either be a pepper sauce, or more of a diane sauce....

Saute shallott/onion/mushrooms, add 140ml stock and bring to the boil, stir in a mini tub of philly light (71g), and reduce to required consistency.
Then add loads of black pepper if making the pepper version.

Excellent! Do you think there suitable for home freezing? I'm planning on doing a few different varieties and batch freeze
Xx

I thought I'd share a recipe that has been discussed and shared with me in group:

1 Syn Corned Beef Pasty

Makes 4 Pasties at 1 syn each on Red and Extra Easy + HExB

Ingredients:
4 Wholemeal pitta breads (either Asda or Co-op, as they are a HExB)
200g tin of Princes Lean corned beef (4 syns)
200g Swede
200g Carrots
Large Onion
Beef stock cube
1 Beaten egg

Method:
Boil the swede, carrots and onions using a beef stock cube, or if you prefer just lightly salted water, until soft.
Drain, mash or crush, mix in the corned beef to your desired consistency, either all mushy or chunky, and season to taste.
Split open the pitta breads, and fill each one with a quarter of the corned beef mixture, close it back up, and brush with the beaten egg.
Bake in a warm oven, approx 200C, for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

You can also include potato if you are doing extra easy.

With the weather getting colder, and the need for comforting food, I thought I would give this recipe a little bump;)

And I highly recommend cheese n onion ones using potatoes and Philly! Yum yum

The recipe sounds delicious!! Do you know if it is possible to re-heat the pasties after they have been cooked. It would be a great lunchtime alternative to salad when I am at work!!

Well ive reheated mine in oven so its nice and crispy and it was fine - cheese n onion was was delicious cold!

Heres another one I did which ive froze, and having for dinner today:

stewed steak tin
philly
LOADS of black pepper

heat in pan the mixture so the philly melts- then add it to the pitta's.

They are out of this world and definately a good match to the peppered steak pasties you find (that are my fav!)

Like I say - ive tried freezing these, and hopefully i will enjoy it for dinner today. Will let you guys know after dinner if freezing is a success or not...

Good News!!

The freezing of the pepper steak pasties were fine, I just let them defrost at room temp, then bunged in oven for 20 mins - delicious dinner :) :):):)

Well ive reheated mine in oven so its nice and crispy and it was fine - cheese n onion was was delicious cold!

Heres another one I did which ive froze, and having for dinner today:

stewed steak tin
philly
LOADS of black pepper

heat in pan the mixture so the philly melts- then add it to the pitta's.

They are out of this world and definately a good match to the peppered steak pasties you find (that are my fav!)

Like I say - ive tried freezing these, and hopefully i will enjoy it for dinner today. Will let you guys know after dinner if freezing is a success or not...

Mmmmmmmmm!

Should not read threads at supper time, I didn't enjoy my tea tonight, and for a change im hungry, so inspired by you lot,I've stood and made cheese and onion pasty ;) it's in the oven, I have baked beans to serve it with,will go to bed stuffed ;) Thanks x

Oh my days!!! Sons just come in from first 10 hours factory work, to a steamy hot pasty! He's overjoyed lol. They are lovely

Attachments

• image-3521170687.jpg
    image-3521170687.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 420
Ooh that looks yum must try them! X

Made twice now so lovely Ginlin, thanks.

Seond time, I found lots and lots of black pepper, swede carrot and onion with a good dash of Lea and Perrins made them so pasty like. Converted my son who does not like corned beef. I want to buy chuck steak and make the real filling now too.

Have pictures but wanted to ask if it was OK to add to my blog possibly with credit given to you of course.
Also made mozzarella and tomato ones still with the egg glaze. Yummy.

Back