1 syn Corned Beef Pasty

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
I thought I'd share a recipe that has been discussed and shared with me in group:

1 Syn Corned Beef Pasty

Makes 4 Pasties at 1 syn each on Red and Extra Easy + HExB

Ingredients:
4 WW Wholemeal pitta breads (1 x HExB Each)
200g tin of Princes Lean corned beef (4 syns)
200g Swede
200g Carrots
Large Onion
Beef stock cube
1 Beaten egg

Method:
Boil the swede, carrots and onions using a beef stock cube, or if you prefer just lightly salted water, until soft.
Drain, mash or crush, mix in the corned beef to your desired consistency, either all mushy or chunky, and season to taste.
Split open the pitta breads, and fill each one with a quarter of the corned beef mixture, close it back up, and brush with the beaten egg.
Bake in a warm oven, approx 200C, for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

You can also include potato if you are doing extra easy.

Last edited:
@ metrognome....i've just checked this and they sell it at asda £1.99 per tin.

Thankyou for the recipe sounds right up my street and will help a few pastry fans in my class too :)

Hi thanks for this recipe sounds right up my street and will help out a few pastry lovers in my class.

@ metrognome...i've just checked this and they sell it at asda £1.99

where do you get the lean corned beef from as i have never seen it before
thanks

@ metrognome....i've just checked this and they sell it at asda £1.99 per tin.

Thankyou for the recipe sounds right up my street and will help a few pastry fans in my class too :)

Hi thanks for this recipe sounds right up my street and will help out a few pastry lovers in my class.

@ metrognome...i've just checked this and they sell it at asda £1.99

It's Princes, and is also available in Tesco, which at the moment has, I think 50% free in it, just remember it's only 1 syn per 50g, and you can make it as meaty as you like.

this sounds quality, might eat all 4 as only 1 syn each, sw chips and mushy peas

going to try these :D thanks Lynne. Was also thinking could substitute the corned beef for extra lean mince....... mmmmmm

Extra lean mince would be good in them, and it would be like a cornish pasty!

Someone in class also made them with cheese, onion and potatoe, and said that they were really good too!

mmmmmm bet that is nice. I used to love cheese and onion pasties....... ooooo I'd need a green or EE day wouldn't I so maybe on Monday :8855: I really fancy trying these.

I am trying to look for new ideas to stop me being bored and help me plan out my meals as finding no planning = picking

mmmmmm bet that is nice. I used to love cheese and onion pasties....... ooooo I'd need a green or EE day wouldn't I so maybe on Monday :8855: I really fancy trying these.

I am trying to look for new ideas to stop me being bored and help me plan out my meals as finding no planning = picking

I couldn't get the wholemeal pittas in Co-op yesterday as they were sold out!...Probably all the SW members bought the stock up to make pasties:8855::8855:

You're totally right though, planning is definately the key!;)

ginlin said:
I couldn't get the wholemeal pittas in Co-op yesterday as they were sold out!...Probably all the SW members bought the stock up to make pasties:8855::8855:

You're totally right though, planning is definately the key!;)

Ours sold out too!

Take a look at my Instant Mash sausage rolls, it's in the summer recipe section, it could be used with the corned beef........

Last edited:

Going to Asda tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed that the wholemeal pitta breads are there!;)

Any tips for splitting the pittas I always seem to stuff it up and haven't a pocket for the filling? Asda's seem to open a little better though.

I always find that they split easier if they are warmed, either under the grill or in the toaster.

Back