100% on plan but gained :(

blondie29

Hi everyone, well as it says Ive gained 0.5lbs.

I know its not huge but its only my 3rd week, i lost 4.5 week one amd then 2.5 last week and then gained this week. I have used my dailys (36pp) but ive only used 5 weeklys. I also earnt alot of activity points after 5-6 hrs in the gym.

My leader says it will be due to the gym and that ive not drank enough fluid but im feeling really dis-heartened :(

Has anyone else had this problem??

Week 4 is when similar started happening to me, I went from doing no exercise and losing 3.5lbs min a wk to suddenly doing loads of exercise (bought a exercise bike) and for the last 2 wks have managed a 1 lb a wk loss. A loss is a loss I know, but I'm baffled how I can be 100% on plan, increase my activity and lose a lot less than any other wk...this applies to when I used to do SW too. Odd?!

Personally I'm hoping that the wks will catch up with themselves and am trying so hard to not be disheartened.

I'm sure the fat is burning off ladies. You're gaining muscle from exercising and this helps speed up your metabolism - however muscle does weigh more so you could feel a bit more slender in your clothes but the scales only showing a little loss. I say keep up the activity see how it goes next week - most important thing is how you feel in yourself. Keep positive coz you are doing a fantastic job!

Just keep going, I know it must be hard to not feel disheartened. If you haven't done much exercise before this week your body is probably just going 'what the?' and will need a week or two to adjust.
Make sure you drink lots of water if you are doing that much exercise and use at least half of your weekly points.
Here's hoping for a bigger loss next way in to compensate.

This happened to me I was on 26 pp and when I used my weeklies I found I gained so I stopped using them for two weeks and lost then my losses stalled and last week I gained I was so upset, do after talking to people I've upped my points this week to 29pp again and I will see how it works out Thursday, I am exercising to. Good luck and your not alone

The same thing happened to me too Baby Belle. I stopped using my weekly points and gained 0.5lb last week. My leader said I might not be eating enough, so this week I ate all my dailies and 22 of my weeklies and I lost 2.5lb.

It really is disheartening when you see a gain and you've been so good, but stick with it... eat your points, you know you're on plan, you're working hard and you'll see it on the scales next week x

I lost 2lb the first week and have consistently gained every other week. I have never gone over my daily points (39 a day), not touched my weekly points apart from once in the first week and last week I earned 57 activity points. It's very frustrating :(

i know how you feel, ive been through it as well but you must remember that a womans weight always fluctuates and that some weeks you'll loose more, some weeks you wont loose as much, some weeks you'll stay the same and unfortunately you might put on some. Dont be disheartened, its a part of the process, in my experience i loose lots in the beginning which is usually fluid loss from my body due to water retention and then i begin to slow down. For normal weight loss a person should be loosing from 1 to 2 pounds a week (according to the govt) so dont worry or be disheartened, in fact let this motivate you to loose more next week. Keep it up and dont loose hope and give up, what do you have to loose except weight?

good luck :)

Lukasmummy said:
I lost 2lb the first week and have consistently gained every other week. I have never gone over my daily points (39 a day), not touched my weekly points apart from once in the first week and last week I earned 57 activity points. It's very frustrating :(

That's a lot of exercise......if I were you I would be eating my weeklies....maybe you're bod isn't getting what it needs?? You should experiment and see if that is the problem???

This happened to me and I found a solution and as crazy as it sounds you probably gained weight because you're not eating enough for the amount of exercise you do.

It's all about calories in, calories out. So if you're eating only your dailies, none of your weeklies but earning a lot of activity points and then not eating them either your body hasn't got enough to burn AND fuel your body with all the nutrients it needs so it automatically lowers your metabolism to hold on to all the goodness.

I would either try exercising less, or eating more, and remember eating more doesn't mean you'll gain weight if you're eating a balanced diet. I found I had to juggle around with my points the first few weeks, if I eat none of my weeklies or activity points I usually gain, if I eat all my dailies and ALL my weeklies i'll usually STS but if I eat all my dailies and about half my weeklies i'll have a loss, it doesn't always go like this but thats usually the general chart for me, you just need to take the time to figure out how your body works.

I know it's disheartening but just draw a line and look forward to the new week :) Hope this helped x

I only loose weight If I eat my weeklies and my dailies - That means if I exercise I eat my AP too.

You do need to expirement and find a balance

great advice here! Could it also be TOTM or ovulation? Normally I tend to lose less when I ovulate and gain something during TOTM and then have a massive loss the following week and a good loss the week after... a sort of cycle! xx

Also try to eat different food, food maybe that fills you up for longer by regulating your blood sugar, fibres (wholewheat, quinoa, brown rice and pasta, blackberries, blueberries, Bran), healthy fats (oily fish, nuts, seeds, eggs, olive oil...), proteins (white, lean meat, quorn, fish...), without forgetting of your carbs (quinoa again, fruit, veg, wholemeal bread, brown rice and pasta...) that are MASSIVELY important to burn fat... natural yogurt like total 0% are really good, they fill you up and have very little sugar content, I normally mix 100g of total 0% with half a crushed banana, a lovely snack for 1 propoint! Another tip is to look for an oil called "Carotino" I bought it recently and I really prefer it to olive oil it's got a higher resistance to heat which means you can fry with it and since it's red palm oil it also contains LOADS of anti-oxidants and mono-unsaturated fats which are essential to yoru health (mono-unsaturated fats cells are used by your body to lower the level of the bad cholesterol in your blood...)

Good luck with your diet! xx

I know exactly how you feel. I had a gain this week too (I'm in week 5 now). I stuck like glue to my dailies and saved my weeklies to go out for dinner on Friday. I haven't been exercising this week apart from walking to work and back. My weigh in day is Saturday but I had a sneak peek on Friday and hadn't lost an ounce, and ended up with a 1lb gain. I've still got so much to lose, and I expected the losses to slow down but not this quickly. Feeling stressed and disheartened, but I'm hoping it's just a blip and I'll lose again next week.

Just to say ur meal out prob didnt help with ur Wi, although u r within pp u would have had a fair few pp hours b4 ur Wi. This is y my Wi day is on a fri morning, that means if I use lots of pp at the weekend I still have all week not eating lots, to make up for it! does this make sense?

Blondie29 I have heard some ppl on here say the more weeklies they use the more they loose, this dosnt really make sense but maybe it's worth a try over the next couple of weeks, I believe that at the beginning of ur diet u can afford to eat all ur weeklies, I have since start and have had good losses, but then I would reduce the amount the closer I get to my goal.

Hi sarah88, thanks for replying! It does make sense, but I had hoped to lose some in the week before my meal out so even if I gained a bit before wi, it wouldn't mean a gain overall! I'm hoping that this week will be different, it just feels like I've lost some momentum now and I'm scared I'll have another gain even though I'm trying really hard. Why is it so easy to gain and so hard to lose??!!!! :0S

That what I always think it's so damn easy to put weight on but the hardest thing in the world to loose weight, thank god for ww! Technically u should get a really good loss next week!

Back