100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

Good choices tigg :) least you didn't have a full blow out.

Kiwi - pleased we don't have snow. Hate the stuff!!!!

All good for me, run was so much better last night so fingers crossed that's it now. Food wise I've been good, up a few pound but nothing to worry about as I know it's just my weight stabilising and should start to see it going down soon hopefully. Trying a longer run tonight but can't see it being an issue fingers crossed.

Hope you all have a good day. Xx

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

I'm now 10 4.4 lbs so lost 0.5 lbs yesterday. Weigh finally going down again. Got the venue details etc. for in laws wedding in Ibiza in September. They're hipster types so judging by the venues websites I'm going to need Rihanna's body and wardrobe for that weekend. I ordered a maxi dress with no back and a plunge front last night in a 10 for thinspiration. Once it arrives and I've lumps and bumps in it it will spur me on to all the exercise I should be doing. Anyway, good start to the day - porridge, coffee and an apple. Roll on lunchtime is all I'll say! I'm going to have my Cambridge shake at lunchtime today and protein. Then a yogurt at 3 and done for the day.

Hey lovelies,

I always catch up on your log, but don't often post - it's really nice to read about people in maintenance and life after SS!

Liz, sorry to hear about your sister - weddings are difficult things. Just remember that Once you say I do, Keith's family become your family, so you will have some loved ones there in a way. Weddings are blooming stressful - OH and I have been finalising our guest list this week and I keep on having nightmares about various things going wrong (arriving late, not getting my hair done, forgetting bridesmaid dresses etc!) Hope the situation improves, but we're not just here for diet support, we're here for moral support too.

Reading about your experience with running and fainting/being sick and ketosis got me to thinking - is this quite a common thing? I fainted after a couple of days of doing step 3 just before Christmas - I wonder whether it was a drop in sugar or something that my body wasn't used to? I'll know to look out for it again when going through the steps next time.

Also, did you run before CWP? We started at a similar weight and I would really like to get into some form of exercise - thinking of doing the couch25k plan once i'm into step 3 and plan on going for runs at the weekend, but just wondered how you got into it?

xx

Hi my names Meela, I started CD last week Tuesday, it has been a week. My first weigh in was Monday and I had lost only 2kg without any cheating. I am a PCOS sufferer and I take metformin, my period started on Saturday but it is not constant it stops for a day and comes back. I am disappointed with my weight loss results. Anyone that can advice me. It's my first time doing CD and it's my first time on minimins. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Kiwi - good plan with the clothes, wedding sounds fab. We had a sample sale today and I got some Topshop jeans and trousers and in a size 10 for thinspiration :)

Flic - Weddings are so stressful, we are having a UK reception too so it's like I'm planning 2!!!
Regarding the running, I ran off and on over the last 4 years (after i gave up smoking) but struggled to get better times as I was so over weight. I went to see a PT as I wanted to know why i couldn't go quicker and further and asked them why and they basically told me it was being I was so over weight this then spurred me on to do cambridge. I stopped running for about 6 months whilst doing SS and started again at the end of last summer. I never bothered with any of the apps like couch to 5 as I just like to run and this has you doing interval training which wasn' for me. I just went out and tried to run as long as possible. My biggest aim is not too stop and walk and just a month in I was running 5km no stopping. It's amazing how much is in the mind. One day whilst out on a 5km I decided to run a little longer and guess what I done a whole 10km so doubled my distance is one go. Don't get me wrong at 8km I was totally regretting my decision and everything ached but I ploughed on through. The sense of achievment is so good and when you are fully fueled and can start to enjoy it it really does feel good. I wouldn't however advise you to be a reckless as I was lol. Main tips are to get decent running trainers, decent clothes and if you do listen to music whilst running some decent earphones and you will be amazed at how the things effect you. My earphones always dropping out my ears, my running top riding up, getting to hot etc all have a massive effect on my enjoyment. Do you have a local parkrun? This is a timed 5km event run by the councils to get the nation fitter and is completly free and is every Sat. Have a look online to see. I would suggest you start of trying 2-3 times a week and just start to see how far you can run and go from there. You'll be amazed how quickly you get fitter and further. Would advise you to get a GPS running ap if you don't already have one as this tracks distance and lap splits. I use Endomondo but theres loads about.

Let me know if you want any advice. Just realsied how much I waffled then lol xx

Hi my names Meela, I started CD last week Tuesday, it has been a week. My first weigh in was Monday and I had lost only 2kg without any cheating. I am a PCOS sufferer and I take metformin, my period started on Saturday but it is not constant it stops for a day and comes back. I am disappointed with my weight loss results. Anyone that can advice me. It's my first time doing CD and it's my first time on minimins. Thanks :)

Hi hun, welcome to the group :) well done on your lose, how much did you lose in lb? What step you on? How much do you have to lose? I'm sure 2kg is about 5lb? That's still a good loss, the average to lose is a stone a month. I know some people have bigger first loses but it all evens out. Just remember if you wasn't on this you wouldn't of lost anything!!! Your one step closer to being slimmer :) good luck. Xx

Hey, thanks :) well it's about 4lb, I need to loose 40lb which is a lot!!! And I'm on SS, a shake, a bar and a soup a day. I drink roughly 1.75litres of water in a day though, do you think it's my water intake? It's now my 8th day and I haven't gone down. It's demotivated me :(

I lost just under 6 the first week and I then lost 47 lbs overall. When you're smaller you unfortunately sometimes lose less. Keep with it and you'll lose the same again next week. I think I lost 27 lbs over 8 weeks.

I'd deffo try more water. I have 3 litres plus green tea and a coffee. I don't like it cold so add a little hot water to it and can drink loads more. Good luck xx

Yeah you're not having even the minimum of 2.25 litres of water so you need to up that a little with more water, teas or coffee. I lost 4lbs in my first week and then pretty much 3lbs every week thereafter. But everyone is different. You're losing weight and that's good!

Oh and you need extra water on top of the 2.25 litres for each dry product. So each bar or tetra you need to have an extra glass of water!

I got the drop this morning!!!!! It's the little things. A real motivator. 10 3.2 this morning so I lost 1.1 lbs yesterday. Well on track to get back to myself now. The muffin top is gone off my jeans and I'm back in the zone!

Well done Kiwi :) Fab loss!!

Ran 8.25KM last night, felt good but not sure eating my dinner after is doing me any favours as I didn't finish it until 8:30 and I hate eating after 7. Scales are staying the same for me but at least they are not going up!!!

Flic - Weddings are so stressful, we are having a UK reception too so it's like I'm planning 2!!!
Regarding the running, I ran off and on over the last 4 years (after i gave up smoking) but struggled to get better times as I was so over weight. I went to see a PT as I wanted to know why i couldn't go quicker and further and asked them why and they basically told me it was being I was so over weight this then spurred me on to do cambridge. I stopped running for about 6 months whilst doing SS and started again at the end of last summer. I never bothered with any of the apps like couch to 5 as I just like to run and this has you doing interval training which wasn' for me. I just went out and tried to run as long as possible. My biggest aim is not too stop and walk and just a month in I was running 5km no stopping. It's amazing how much is in the mind. One day whilst out on a 5km I decided to run a little longer and guess what I done a whole 10km so doubled my distance is one go. Don't get me wrong at 8km I was totally regretting my decision and everything ached but I ploughed on through. The sense of achievment is so good and when you are fully fueled and can start to enjoy it it really does feel good. I wouldn't however advise you to be a reckless as I was lol. Main tips are to get decent running trainers, decent clothes and if you do listen to music whilst running some decent earphones and you will be amazed at how the things effect you. My earphones always dropping out my ears, my running top riding up, getting to hot etc all have a massive effect on my enjoyment. Do you have a local parkrun? This is a timed 5km event run by the councils to get the nation fitter and is completly free and is every Sat. Have a look online to see. I would suggest you start of trying 2-3 times a week and just start to see how far you can run and go from there. You'll be amazed how quickly you get fitter and further. Would advise you to get a GPS running ap if you don't already have one as this tracks distance and lap splits. I use Endomondo but theres loads about.

Let me know if you want any advice. Just realsied how much I waffled then lol xx

Haha - loved the waffle Liz - it's all good stuff. Really interesting to hear from your point of view about just running for as long as you can. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere so no parks and specific runs - it's a shame because that sounds like a great way to keep motivated. I do have a private road just up from my house - not sure of the distance of it, but I think that might be my first place I will start/try. Theres a couple of "landmarks" I can use as pointers too, to try and go further each time....

You've really inspired me to get up and get going. I am hoping that Once moving to step 2, I can get going. I am seriously unfit so I think i'll be ok in terms of calories/not fainting! haha.

xx

Deffo give it a go but not too much until your out of ketosis!! Running in the middle of no-where would be so nice, I run on main roads in the dark so not as scenic lol.

Let us know how you get on :) xx

We've a storm here so even getting to the car this evening will be a challenge. Step count low today as I can't face going out. Haven't even completed 5,000 yet today.

Um off plan. Big fires. Lots of work! Oh dear!

Not sure if I'll get on this again over the next few days so take it easy ladies and keep up the good work!

Xxx

Back